2018 Quebec provincial election - Get ready for CAQ

Who are you voting for, fellow Quebecers? Ready to end 15 years of Liberal rule, or are you going to vote “for continuity”?

I like the CAQ platform minus some of the sovereignty goals, but I’ll probably toe the PLQ line. They’ve done quite a bit of good in my area, so thinking locally in this election.

theres something about legault that i just cant stand for some reasons

Im probably gonna go and put in a blank vote this time

I voted CAQ as well, even though I dislike Legault. Really hope Geneviève Guilbault will succeed to Legault in the future, she has been amazing so far.

Environment is an important aspect for me in all this mess, and I'm disappointed that it was barely brought up over immigration and parties attacking each others with fear campaigns. I think what QS had to offer on this side seemed good enough, so they got my vote. I'm stuck between two different cities for studies, so my vote will barely affect me as I spend more time in Quebec City than in my hometown (Which is pretty disappointing).
I don't expect any party to take on majority. I feel like there's no bigger party in these elections

I hope that the "shy vote" pops up again and lead the Liberals to the win,

I can't stomach ethno-nationalists like Legault as Premier, fuck I can't stand nationalism and I really can't stand identity politics

I voted strategic, I live in Mercier (Plateau-Mont-Royal).
I really don't want the evil PQ candidate to win, so I voted for QS's Ruba Ghazal to block the racist PQ's Michelle Blanc

They barely had the time to do anything at all though.
thank God, Popo Marois deserved to get ousted for pulling a snap election based on the Charter of Value Village

Liberals killed the medical system, CAQ is gonna kill environmental regulations, PQ is racist.

QS it is. And Catherine Dorion will actually win in my riding too! :D

Also fuck the « troisième lien » for Qc City. Urban sprawl needs to stop.

I sense a lot of QS love, which is cool. I’d be fine with them winning in my region too, but outside of an ocassional NDP-like blip, it’s been PLQ all day.

Probably not gonna happen this time with Gaetan Barrette being the candidate here, but we’ll see. They’ve already said he won’t be the minister of health if he wins again but will get switched to the treasury.

QS program is completetly unrealistic to me and too far left. Also, they want to remove carbon cap & trade, and they are separatists.

Just no.

QS program is completetly unrealistic to me and too far left. Also, they want to remove carbon cap & trade, and they are separatists.

Just no.
QS's job is not to form government.

QS's job is to kill the PQ.
----

the death of the PQ would be my consolation prize if the Liberals don't form government tonight

I live in Cote-di-Sud, so I had to vote strategically for the Liberals. If we had the proportional system, my vote would have been 100% for QS

Yeah, it’s going to be a rough night but at least we sas this coming.

Hoping they won’t be majority!

Yeah let’s vote for a right wing party born from the ashes of a far right one (ADQ)

Let’s show poc/immigrants we mean business!

QS's job is not to form government.

QS's job is to kill the PQ.
----

the death of the PQ would be my consolation prize if the Liberals don't form government tonight
That's not what will happen. QS will keep getting more similar to the PQ as they get closer to power. The CAQ's victory will lead QS and the PQ to compromise to work together, because people will blame both for having failed to work together to beat the CAQ/PLQ. If the CAQ lasts four years, they'll be followed by a joint QS-PQ government.

That's not what will happen. QS will keep getting more similar to the PQ as they get closer to power. The CAQ's victory will lead QS and the PQ to compromise to work together, because people will blame both for having failed to work together to beat the CAQ/PLQ. If the CAQ lasts four years, they'll be followed by a joint QS-PQ government.
If they have a majority they can ride the 5 years since now we are on a fixed election schedule and no one can bring them down.

QS disagrees with the PQ on ethno-nationalism

the big lol is if Lisée loses in Rosemont

An interesting thing with this election is that all the parties but the QLP signed onto an agreement that they would implement Electoral Reform through an MMP System. So if there is a minority in any way, shape or form. It's more or less guaranteed to go through. Though if anybody gets a majority, you'll see it die a quick death like what happened federally.

Quebec could end up being the first province in the country to move towards this. Before BC (assuming BC votes in favour of it)

QS disagrees with the PQ on ethno-nationalism

the big lol is if Lisée loses in Rosemont
Lisée will be gone, even if he won. That approach failed twice.

An interesting thing with this election is that all the parties but the QLP signed onto an agreement that they would implement Electoral Reform through an MMP System. So if there is a minority in any way, shape or form. It's more or less guaranteed to go through. Though if anybody gets a majority, you'll see it die a quick death like what happened federally.

Quebec could end up being the first province in the country to move towards this. Before BC (assuming BC votes in favour of it)
CAQ will delay the fuck out of that. Don't count on it.

edit: Then again, if they are smart at all they know it will soften their image, but I think they're dumb.

My supervisor was hesitating between QS and CAQ.

People are so poorly informed about what the parties stand for, it's insane! The only thing that is clear, is they want change.

My supervisor was hesitating between QS and CAQ.

People are so poorly informed about what the parties stand for, it's insane! The only thing that is clear, is they want change.
I did boussole électoral. Was neutral on most things. It was Npd then green party and QS.

Husband suggested QS since they have a better shot

I hate identity politics and I'm pro-immigration so QS and PQ are out for me. I can live with the PLQ statu quo, but I lean farther left. You do the math.

in the end I went and decided to vote for QS.

The boussole also told me I should vote for NDP but they have no chances here.. and QS has a lot of ideas I like ( and also a lot of ideas that would harm me- but this is for greater good rather than for myself)

economy is doing well, unemployment is low

what do people do? punish the incumbent party during times of economic prosperity
Yeah, people are fucking dumb.

I mean, if I had a shot at getting QS in power I would absolutely do it, but it’s still a pipe dream for my riding.

Had a Bell install at my place that was just a comedy of errors and technical issues ended up taking hours upon hours which caused me to miss my vote : (

First time since I was 18 that I have not voted, kinda infuriating