2018 Quebec provincial election - Get ready for CAQ

That picture of Legault kissing his sister on the mouth is pretty nasty.

Looked like it was just a peck, but still made my skin crawl

how is caq winning

what the fuck
They promise not to hold a referendum and to offer an alternative to the Liberals. That’s about it. A lot of their other policies are a mixed bag of “ok, maybe” and “whoa whoa. WHAT?”

They support abolishing school boards
They want to privatize sections of the healthcare system (don’t know what this means exactly)
They want to lower taxes from pay checks and offset that with austerity (not filling 6000 vacant Hydro Quebec jobs)
They want to stop receiving equalization payments from the federal government
They support the face covering ban and don’t think it goes far enough

Sooo...most people will probably have a little more money in their pockets while the province becomes a little more racist and a little more privatized. That’s my reductionist way of looking at it right now based on what I’ve read and heard.

Caz

Community Resettler
God damn it, people...

You had to go for the most racist of the bunch..
Ontario: Man, this FPTP system can't give a worse party a majority for only earning a minority of votes.
Quebec: Tiens ma bières!

Quebec nationalism is a blight.

I'm glad for Gabriel Nadeau-Dubois (QS).

Dude led one of the most important student protests series years ago. He forged a name for himself, he has ambition and probably will lead QS after Manon Massé.

I'm glad for Gabriel Nadeau-Dubois (QS).

Dude led one of the most important student protests series years ago. He forged a name for himself, he has ambition and probably will lead QS after Manon Massé.
I'm pretty sure he will be prime minister in 20-30 years.

No one who freely associates with/leads a sovereignist party has any business being in the federal government, no matter how progressive they may be.
Did you not know that provinces have prime ministers?

edit: Ah apparently the title is different in english.

Morrigan

Armoring
No one who freely associates with/leads a sovereignist party has any business being in the federal government, no matter how progressive they may be.
I think he may have meant Premier. The words are the same in French ("premier ministre").

Man this just makes me scared for the federal election. First Ontario with Doug Ford and now Quebec with a CAQ majority.
Legault is not even in the same stratosphere of weird/crazy as fucking Doug Ford, man. Come on now.

Most people were annoyed and wanted change and the CAQ was the more credible I guess. I wish QS had a bigger chance but for everyone outside of Montreal QS probably doesn't even ring a bell. I have a feeling that in 4 years they'll at least form the official opposition.

what's funny is that two former ON candidates, (Zol Zanetti and Catherine Dorion) are winning under the QS banner meanwhile former ON leader (Jean-Martin Aussant) is losing under the PQ banner

Legault is not even in the same stratosphere of weird/crazy as fucking Doug Ford, man. Come on now.

Most people were annoyed and wanted change and the CAQ was the more credible I guess. I wish QS had a bigger chance but for everyone outside of Montreal QS probably doesn't even ring a bell. I have a feeling that in 4 years they'll at least form the official opposition.
QS are separatists, how can they become the leading opposition now that the CAQ is there, and anglophones vote for PLQ?