2018 Quebec provincial election - Get ready for CAQ

Maybe the NDPQ will do something next election.

NDPQ: More solidarity than Québec Solidaire.
Yeah I expect them to show up, they can get a lot of the PLQ's votes in Montreal, but that still just helps the CAQ.

Maybe they'll drop the idea? No one cares about that issue anymore.
Well you can hope so, but they talked more about it than the PQ this time, so that ain't happening enough to become the second opposition.

QS is a soft-sovereignist party. When the party was formed, they had a debate on whether they were going to be sovereignist or not.

Their dropping that issue is not out of the question. It could happen once the boomers are gone.

Couillard should have showed this human side during the campaign.
Reminds me of that hilarious Infoman video I saw recently.

"Philippe Couillard is good to talk with Children."

*shakes 5 years old kid's hand*

"Hi there, what's your name? Emile? I have an uncle named Emile but I never got to know him because he died young."

:lol

Option nationale sounds fashy tbh, going off the name alone.
It was left-leaning, even had some good support among Chilean immigrants, I think I even remember Aussant making an ad in Spanish.

QS is a soft-sovereignist party. When the party was formed, they had a debate on whether they were going to be sovereignist or not.

Their dropping that issue is not out of the question. It could happen once the boomers are gone.
They are not becoming the main opposition in four years, period. They would have to merge with the PQ to even have a small chance.

If QS stays at 10 seats, that'll mean that I will have won my own election.
If QS somehow beat PQ by the number of seats, I'll be on a cloud.

Caz

Community Resettler
Provincial or federal, advocacy for sovereignty from a political entity is a dealbreaker for me. You can have the most progressive platform with every policy I strongly support, the moment you support any province or territory leaving Canada is the moment I vehemently oppose that party's continued existence.

This is not something I am willing to bend on or debate.

Morrigan

Armoring
Provincial or federal, advocacy for sovereignty from a political entity is a dealbreaker for me. You can have the most progressive platform with every policy I strongly support, the moment you support any province or territory leaving Canada is the moment I vehemently oppose that party's continued existence.

This is not something I am willing to bend on or debate.
Meh. It's not like that's a real concern or worry right now. You'd be wrong to dismiss an entire party based on that alone without considering other factors, IMO. And I say this as someone who really cares little for separatists. I'd never, ever vote CAQ over, say, QS.

Besides, if Canada is flipping to blue again in the next elections because of Ontario and Alberta, I sure as shit will sympathize with separatists more xD

I'd still prefer a Montreal City-State though >_>

I wonder if this will have a direct effect on my industry. Game companies rely on huge talent pools, would you hire people from outside the province if there's a chance they'll fail a "values" or language test three years in? Hiring suddenly has this giant extra risk attached to it.

I wonder if this will have a direct effect on my industry. Game companies rely on huge talent pools, would you hire people from outside the province if there's a chance they'll fail a "values" or language test three years in? Hiring suddenly has this giant extra risk attached to it.
he's going to force us to use 3DS Max and Unreal in French /j

The federal government is the one with power over immigration. (And surely the CAQ will respect the feds jurisdiction over immigration...)

we're not having a good track record with provincial governance this past little while
When it's red in Ottawa, it turns blue in the provinces. When it's blue in Ottawa, it turns red in the provinces.

Same thing as in the US with the mid-terms.

Though it doesn't necesseraly apply in Québec as few CAQ voters probably know they're a center-right party.

This 3-year language and culture test...any idea if it’ll apply to new immigrants only, or even Canadian citizens who have moved to Quebec from another province?