2018 Quebec provincial election - Get ready for CAQ

The federal government is the one with power over immigration. (And surely the CAQ will respect the feds jurisdiction over immigration...)
No

The province of Québec has a special status that allows it to chose its immigrants through a special document called "Certificat de Sélection du Québec" (Or CSQ) and a second one called "Certificat d'Acceptation du Québec" (CAQ ironically). Without those documents you can'T immigrate to the Québec province. You can go anywhere else in Canada if you're eligible (that is, if Canada accepts you) but NOT Québec.

Legault will make it significantly harder to get

Caz

Community Resettler
I admit, I'm curious to see which of CAQ's unconstitutional promises they actually attempt to put on paper.
This really will be the "tiens ma bières" of provincial governments for the next four years.
Ford: No, i'm more willing to use the notwithstanding clause!
Legault: Non, c'est moi!
Ford: No, me!
Legault: Moi!
Kenney: Hey guys, whatcha doing?

Alberta, please don't give Jason Kenney a majority.

You guys should chill a bit. Save for the 3rd link and the immigration topics, CAQ is pretty much liberals 2.0. We are far, far, FAR away from a Doug Ford.

And no, I didn't vote for them.

welp QS is going full sovereignty crap what a shame
How people couldn't see years ago that the closer they get to power the more they'll be just like the PQ?

I guarantee you they will even eventually have some words against immigration, when touring out of Montreal. Nothing inflammatory, but they'll give the rest of the province a bone. They won't win more seats without going through usual steps parties take when they have to grow their numbers. No party gets to power here without being in the center or right of center.

All the parties will be forced to drop sovereignty eventually. The idea will die with the boomers.

edit: omg the fucker is blaming QS for what happened to his party.

QS gained seats and he lost some.

fuck you, Lisée

Yes

I voted for the NPDQ candidate in my district

They're small right now but I know lots of left leaning people who will never vote for PQ or QS because they aren't federalist parties and instead will vote CAQ believing they are progressives (wtf is wrong with people???)

NPDQ needs the next 4 years to make a name for itself and grow into a dominant party

PQ used to be good. Keyword: USED TO (Before Lisée and her). But Lisée refusing to take the L and keep shooting QS... I'm glad to sucker loss in his own riding. Get lost. Even Couillard, which is in my riding, took the L humbly.

Yes

They're small right now but I know lots of left leaning people who will never vote for PQ or QS because they aren't federalist parties and instead will vote CAQ believing they are progressives (wtf is wrong with people???)

NPDQ needs the next 4 years to make a name for itself and grow into a dominant party
It's too bad they couldn't capitalize on that brief moment when Quebec decided the Federal NDP was the perfect place to put their protest vote.

Morrigan

Armoring
Yes

Agreed with this (I also voted for them). I'd really like for this to happen. I'd be more motivated to participate in provincial politics too.

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/Const/page-4.html#h-18

Agriculture and Immigration
Concurrent Powers of Legislation respecting Agriculture, etc.
In each Province the Legislature may make Laws in relation to Agriculture in the Province, and to Immigration into the Province; and it is hereby declared that the Parliament of Canada may from Time to Time make Laws in relation to Agriculture in all or any of the Provinces, and to Immigration into all or any of the Provinces; and any Law of the Legislature of a Province relative to Agriculture or to Immigration shall have effect in and for the Province as long and as far only as it is not repugnant to any Act of the Parliament of Canada.
The provinces have a say in immigration policy but the law of the federal government overrides provincial law when it comes to immigration (and agriculture).

PQ used to be good. Keyword: USED TO (Before Lisée and her). But Lisée refusing to take the L and keep shooting QS... I'm glad to sucker loss in his own riding. Get lost. Even Couillard, which is in my riding, took the L humbly.
Yes, Couillard's speech was great. He actually surprised me.

I forget who said it earlier on the Radio-Canada panel, but they said that people were so eager to kick the liberals out of office that they converged behind the CAQ to make that happen. I agree with that. Now that it is mission accomplished, I don't expect the next election to go the same way, especially when the electorate realize they only put lipstick on a pig.

I forget who said it earlier on the Radio-Canada panel, but they said that people were so eager to kick the liberals out of office that they converged behind the CAQ to make that happen. I agree with that. Now that it is mission accomplished, I don't expect the next election to go the same way, especially when the electorate realize they only put lipstick on a pig.
Stop insulting pigs plz

Yes, but all throughout their first term, the CAQ will just blame the previous government for everything (like they all do). The populace might eat it up. It's during the second term that it's get tougher.

Of course, a lot of it will depend on who's the next PLQ leader.

Oh boy... this is for me the worst senario immaginable.
My Girlfriend is learning french right now, she's nervous as hell and I get why.

I didn't know who to vote for, but I knew who I didn't want as a winner and CAQ was the worst choice IMO, I understand that the population voted, I have to respect that... but I'm not too proud of our political education right now.