2018 Quebec provincial election - Get ready for CAQ

You should never be elected with just 26.5% of your district's vote

I wish we had a 2 rounds electoral process like in France. Makes the election more justified than this stupidity of one election round, highest wins by default. It leads to situation where a party with 38% of the popular vote has 70% of the seating positions.

It will go this way:

CAQ says the debt is too big, PLQ hid a deficit, must cut spending.

Does everything it can to push privatization of education, health care, hydro.

Cuts environmental regulations, favors investments in polluting companies.

Lots of fights with unions throughout.

Tax cuts and other crack peddling topics to win a minority government in the next election, but closer to another majority.

It will go this way:

CAQ says the debt is too big, PLQ hid a deficit, must cut spending.

Does everything it can to push privatization of education, health care, hydro.

Cuts environmental regulations, favors investments in polluting companies.

Lots of fights with unions throughout.

Tax cuts and other crack peddling topics to win a minority government in the next election, but closer to another majority.
In short the Québec version of the republican party policies

Aka Ontario 2. Just another prelude of what's happening worldwide and what's to come federally...
The sad thing is, Quebecers believe themselves to be progressivve. This is mostly true but our electoral process allows a shit party to get the majority through left leaning vote dillution since the CAQ is prety much the only right wing party in Québec.

People were losing their shit when a chain of bbq chicken restaurants was bought by an Ontario company. The second they even think about privatizing Hydro-Québec, they're done.

Yes

I voted for the NPDQ candidate in my district

They're small right now but I know lots of left leaning people who will never vote for PQ or QS because they aren't federalist parties and instead will vote CAQ believing they are progressives (wtf is wrong with people???)

NPDQ needs the next 4 years to make a name for itself and grow into a dominant party
Voters are idiots. Trump, Ford, and now Legault winning prove that to me.

Wait, are you guys comparing caq to the republican party? Lol that’s cute. I mean, i would prefer a more left party but if caq is « right » in quebec, it’s center compared to canada, is center left compared to USA and is far left compared to many many countries.

Yeah, I don't think Legault is to be compared to Doug Ford or Trump yet, I think these are different kinds of birds.

But hey, we'll see. I didn't vote CAQ btw.

Wait, are you guys comparing caq to the republican party? Lol that’s cute. I mean, i would prefer a more left party but if caq is « right » in quebec, it’s center compared to canada, is center left compared to USA and is far left compared to many many countries.
I look forward to their progressive policies.

People were losing their shit when a chain of bbq chicken restaurants was bought by an Ontario company. The second they even think about privatizing Hydro-Québec, they're done.
They have clever ways of doing this. But SAQ will be first, people are dumb enough to fall for. HQ will just be constantly requested to make more money so it will keep rising electricity costs on residential clients so that the argument people use to defend HQ vanishes, while forcing HQ to waste money on unnecessary projects.

We could be the Saudi Arabia of hydro-electricity and the government would wipe out the deficit once cars are all electric, but they know better than to let that happen. HQ will be put in a position to make privatization guaranteed, the government will just lose the part that is profitable.

It was the PLQ’s modus operandi and it’s a very long con.