Assassin’s Creed Odyssey |OT| Ἄνδρα ἢ γυναῖκα μοι ἔννεπε, Μοῦσαt

Anyone on PC running into any issues with a i7-7700k and 1080 (or specifically 1080 FTW?) I ran into enough problems with origins on PC that i would rather just buy it on xbox one x if this has the same problems.

I skipped Origins but I don't know why...I want this as a fan of Greco Roman settings.
Same here. I was somewhat interested in Origins but Odyssey's setting really tickles my fancy.

It's a shame it's sandwiched between the release of Spider-man and RDR2, so I'll pick this up in a few months to avoid an openworld overdose.

Is this game separate from the other AC games in terms of story? This would be my first AC game I've played, but I feel like I've missed so much. If this game is tied, is there good catch up videos?

Looking like my Gold Edition from the Ubisoft Store isn't gonna be arriving tomorrow. No sign of dispatch and I know I'm too far away from the nearest sorting center for it to get here in a single night.

"Early access"? More like late access, amirite?

Looking like my Gold Edition from the Ubisoft Store isn't gonna be arriving tomorrow. No sign of dispatch and I know I'm too far away from the nearest sorting center for it to get here in a single night.

"Early access"? More like late access, amirite?
the store I have my pre-order at, listed as one of two in Portugal that would have the early access for the gold edition, had no fucking idea what I was talking about the two times I asked them about it, even tho I showed them the Ubi site FAQ clearly stating they were one of the two stores. Hell I even showed them the competitor website (the other store listed in the Ubi FAQ) which lists Gold for October 2nd. they /shrugged basically, and now Ive noticed that their website doesnt even list the Gold Edition anymore so I'm fucked into waiting for friday for sure.

our very own MHWilliams with a very good point (one that I think about every time I play one of these)

I cant even imagine what its like to make one of these games (and by these I mean anything open world with this level of detail really)

the store I have my pre-order at, listed as one of two in Portugal that would have the early access for the gold edition, had no fucking idea what I was talking about the two times I asked them about it, even tho I showed them the Ubi site FAQ clearly stating they were one of the two stores. Hell I even showed them the competitor website (the other store listed in the Ubi FAQ) which lists Gold for October 2nd. they /shrugged basically, and now Ive noticed that their website doesnt even list the Gold Edition anymore so I'm fucked into waiting for friday for sure.
Damn, that sucks. Kind of negates the whole point if they can't seem to get every store selling the game on board. I'm just hopeful that, with my order being from the literal Ubisoft Store, this is just a case of a late dispatch instead of a late delivery.

Damn, that sucks. Kind of negates the whole point if they can't seem to get every store selling the game on board. I'm just hopeful that, with my order being from the literal Ubisoft Store, this is just a case of a late dispatch instead of a late delivery.
yeah its not the end of the world (I didnt even know about the early access thing when i pre-ordered it, I did it cause they fofer 15% off), but the more I thought about it, the more annoyed I got heh. Mainly because A) at the end of the day, its supposed to be part of the higher tier game, so I'm not getting something I'm paying for, technically and B) as more and more companies do this early access shit, if they keep not fulfilling it thats, well, not very good.

And C) I start 2 weeks off work tomorow (not planned, just a happy coincidence) so it would be perfect timing lol.

I'm out at sea above a ship wreck and I can't for the life of me figure out how to stop sailing and jump off the boat. I'm just locked in to the sailing controls.

*edit* Figured it out.. I am dumb.

I'm out at sea above a ship wreck and I can't for the life of me figure out how to stop sailing and jump off the boat. I'm just locked in to the sailing controls.

*edit* Figured it out.. I am dumb.
Press and hold triangle (I don't know if its different for the original control scheme).

edit: replied just a nanosecond after the edit lol

4 hours in and I think i'm about to leave the tutorial

Combat is way more fun than Origin, weapons actually reach the target and and don't swing in empty air!

I’ve been revisiting Origins for a final time before Odyssey arrives tomorrow. It was a hell of a ride, what an incredible journey. I’m ready for Greece! Going to spend hours uncovering this map, I just hope I can get through it all before Red Dead - which I absolutely doubt.