Assassin’s Creed Odyssey |OT| Ἄνδρα ἢ γυναῖκα μοι ἔννεπε, Μοῦσαt

Early ish game spoilers: only read if you’ve got to Megaris

did I fuck up telling Stentor I wanted to be a spartan? I didn’t actually want to fight for these guys!

Really enjoying the game so far. The exploration and exploring is great, the loot system seems so much better then AC: Origins in terms of you getting random loot from enemies/chests, etc as well as the fact that you actually have individual armor pieces now instead of just outfits, seems like there's a lot more vs origins in that regard (hopefully it lasts that way as you get further into the game). I am playing on exploration mode but it's still a bit confusing, like some quests I've gotten there's been an icon for where I need to go instead of hte npc giving clear directions, is it just like that early on?

Also finding animals, how do you do this again? In Origins your eagle could find them with icons to poitn them out, but here it seems you have to actually visually see the individual animal which makes it a bit hard.

on the main menu theres a thing for twitch prime exclusive content, but when I click it, it goes to a dead page. Is that not live yet?
Seems like it's not, usually twitch loot shows up on twitch itself on the little crown beside the notifications.

on the main menu theres a thing for twitch prime exclusive content, but when I click it, it goes to a dead page. Is that not live yet?
I assume that twitch prime stuff comes after official release on friday.

Btw. is there a way to toss away Helix store Items? these deluxe deluxe and ubi club items are annoying with the space they take up.

Couldn't you preview gear in the menu in Origins? Like with right stick click or something?

Also I have a ! on the Inventory tab and can't get it to go away lol

Just started. I was have trouble with the combat and nearly died the first battle I fought with Kassandra. I couldn’t figure out why it felt so different, so I loaded up Origins and I had forgotten I had played through it with the alternate controls. I think the alternate controls are so much better, I hate how much the defaults relied on LB and RB.

Kassandras arms are kinda swole lol.

I’m guessing it’s more of a palette swap from Alexios character but she lookin buff lol
She would have to be, given her spartan upbringing.

Every single cut scene has different mo-cap and acting between Kassandra and Alexios, and there's a plethora of armor and cosmetic choices available to the player. Not to mention of a glut of varied NPC and bandit/thug/soldier bodies (including, yes, male and female versions). To think they copy-pasted the player character after putting in so much work is asinine. Kassandra is just strong.

I love that half-assed cinematic cam from Origins has been eliminated. The one where it just kind of zooms but isn't a proper cutscene. So far, at least, every single conversation has got the full cutscene treatment.

Is Uplay with the 20% off code the cheapest way to get this on PC?
Uplay code only works in EU, not in NA.

However if you are in the NA you can get a 20% discount by using gamersgate and choosing to pay via Razer Zgold (it's free to sign up/use, just uses paypal or your cc once you sign up).

I didn't find any place with a higher discount then 20%.

Played about an hour and a half. Very similar to Origins in play style so far, so those who liked that game have nothing to fear.

The skill system looks way more interesting than Origins at a glance, that is for sure. Gear is much more fleshed out, each piece changing your appearance. Quests are frequent in the opening are, and loot is hidden all over. Loving it.

Oh and Kassandra is a complete bad ass. Every time she crosses her arms she looks like she could choke out a gorilla.

I'm glad I didn't watch any gameplay videos before playing, this is great and Kass is fucking awesome. Games like this one are the reason why I love gaming. I'm definitely going to do everything.

women can be buff friend, it doesnt mean shes a palette swap of the male character... like wtf lol
She would have to be, given her spartan upbringing.

Every single cut scene has different mo-cap and acting between Kassandra and Alexios, and there's a plethora of armor and cosmetic choices available to the player. Not to mention of a glut of varied NPC and bandit/thug/soldier bodies (including, yes, male and female versions). To think they copy-pasted the player character after putting in so much work is asinine. Kassandra is just strong.
I’m not suggesting there’s anything wrong with her being swole. It makes sense for the story given she’s a mercenary/warrior. I just didn’t expect it.

And by palette swap I was referring to the arms specifically. I know the torsos of kassandra and Alexios are different and have different slightly different chest armors as such but I assumed (maybe erroneously) the arms and limbs would be more along the lines of ‘one size fits all’ from a technical standpoint hence why their arms would look similar

Played for 8 hours

-quests are all awesome so far, not the generic ubi quests we dread

-ship battles are soooo much fun

-map is insanely big

-stealth is fun and well implemented

-combat is also fun but the game keeps throwing high level mercenaries at me so I have to run around and kite them with arrows for days. Not enjoying that so much.

Overall really loving it and I usually lose interest in sp games super fast. Genuinely curious to see where the story will go.

I’m not suggesting there’s anything wrong with her being swole. It makes sense for the story given she’s a mercenary/warrior. I just didn’t expect it.

And by palette swap I was referring to the arms specifically. I know the torsos of kassandra and Alexios are different and have different slightly different chest armors as such but I assumed (maybe erroneously) the arms and limbs would be more along the lines of ‘one size fits all’ from a technical standpoint hence why their arms would look similar
Her arms are small for a male character. Alexios' arms are larger.

I put in 8-ish hours last night and really enjoying what game has to offer.

World is beautiful to explore, quests thus far have been better than I expected, combat is fluid and doesn't feel janky, difficulty on Hard feels good (at least for early game) etc. Also liking that even newbie gear looks actually good, none of that tropey wearing rags until level 20 that some RPGs do.

Boat stuff is already meh so I can see it being part of the game that I dislike most. It's super simplistic lacking any depth and ship to ship battle just doesn't feel fun. Also found funny bug, enabling pre-order bonus skin for ship crew despawns them so you can't do any attacks in battle.

Also pack of wolves, they can go jump into ditch. Far more dangerous and lethal than going 5 on 1 against human enemies. Also fought 2 mercenaries last night at the same time, both at my level. It was a grind, but in a good way as I had to keep constantly moving and be on top of my dodge and parry game.

Soooo i'm like eight hours in some spoilers:

I just went to kill my dad and then afterwards i went to my boat and barnabas tells me my home is ruined with a sickness and that i should check it out. but there's no quest objective or anything so then i went back there and i couldn't trigger anything. Did i break my game Help

I couldn’t get into Origins AT ALL but I’ve totally loved the first 2.5 hours of Odyssey.

Much more likable hero (Kassandra in my case), streamlined questing that removes a lot of the bullshit without feeling handhold-y. Better voice acting.

And most importantly a MUCH better onboardinng experience into this world, it’s gameplay systems, and its characters. Still can’t get over how bad Origins’ opening was.

Damn, I was not expecting to get hyped about Odyssey. :/ Haven't played an AC-game since Black Flag and I got bored on that fairly quick. I loved the Ezio-saga though!

So far so good. Only thing I don’t like so far are the load times and the bounty system

they always seems like they’re just magically 100m from where you are. Seems a bit aggressive. I hope this is only for the first island for tutorial purposes or something.

Love what I've played so far. LOL at the Pegasus in the Helix Credit shop. I don't see any of that stuff I need yet, but I think I'm gonna break down and grab that permanent +50% EXP boost.

damn it guys. you did it. I just bought the game (I'll have to wait 8 hours until I can play it though....work..lol) despite not liking Origins (quests, main characters, the world itself).
First impressions here seem really good.

Is it just me or does the main character (male) look like a young version of Geralt?^^
How's the music? I love good music in games.
Are there mini games? you know...stuff that's different from killing people or invading camps.

Ok ubi needs to patch the mercenary system because it is stupid right now.

You for some reason get bounty on your head constantly. During big area fights suddenly mercs appear out of nowhere, you kill them and like two more higher level ones instantly appear. How many fucking mercs are there in this game. They are making the fights really frustrating for me. Just chill out on merc/bounty shit ubi and the game will be perfect.