Better Call Saul - Season 4 - Mondays on AMC

Yeah, Mike's tenure with Gus is too fresh for Mike to be making bids for mercy.

It is time for Kai's rise to power.

Also, can't wait for some resolution with the aquarium. That's gotta be addressed somehow, right?

Damn Werner. I really like him but Mike got too friendly.

So the implication is what? that he has cancer/is terminal? They focus in on his cigarette and he has the shakes which could just be from nervousness.

Or perhaps he gets the feeling he will be offed in the end? Or is he just too weak minded and suffering the hardest from cabin fever? He enjoys none of the "R&R" the boys do.

Damn Werner. I really like him but Mike got too friendly.

So the implication is what? that he has cancer/is terminal? They focus in on his cigarette and he has the shakes which could just be from nervousness.

Or perhaps he gets the feeling he will be offed in the end? Or is he just too weak minded and suffering the hardest from cabin fever? He enjoys none of the "R&R" the boys do.
I was thinking he had cancer, the reason he took this job was to leave a large sum of money for his wife- but the work been delayed so much and its taking longer than expected so he feels he may never see his wife again, he's on borrowed time and originally expected to live long enough to go back- which is why he wants to go for a weekend, a final "goodbye" ("wiedersehen") of sorts.

Also Werner is the first name of Heisenberg, so there's that.

Yeah, Mike's tenure with Gus is too fresh for Mike to be making bids for mercy.

It is time for Kai's rise to power.

Also, can't wait for some resolution with the aquarium. That's gotta be addressed somehow, right?
I'm expecting Jimmy to destroy it or maybe for the fish to end up dying because he hasn't been feeding it.

Pretty sure the whole point of the Germans storyline is to get Mike to the point where he starts killing for Gus. It’s the one big divide between his current character and him in BB.

Whatever is going on inside the head of Werner or with his body physically, it won't be good when Gus finds out.

Gus already agitated with Lalo making surprise visits with no warning from Nacho.

Agreed the biggest moment was the Kim/Jimmy fight at the end. The way he was speeding in the car up the parking garage was great, could really feel the acceleration.

When she listed all the ways she helped him and told him "You're always down. Hits you in the soul and it hurts even worse considering who it's coming from and the recognition that it's true Chuck still playing a big factor in Jimmy's life after his death.

Pretty sure the whole point of the Germans storyline is to get Mike to the point where he starts killing for Gus. It’s the one big divide between his current character and him in BB.
Better Call Saul is a show about how people do work. On no other show I’ve ever watched is there as much attention to process, to following people as they attend to their tasks.

The point of the Germans storyline, which only became apparent in tonight’s episode, is that, despite Werner performing his work in a tactile, detail-oriented way that resonates with Gus and Mike, he’s still capable of erratic behavior. Mike vouches for Werner because he reminds Mike of himself. Whether Mike kills him or not (I assume he will, but this show is frequently surprising), it’s not that big of deal; Mike’s killed before and Werner exists mostly as a point of comparison for Mike. The significance is that Werner’s defection calls into question the lens through which Mike evaluates people, which is made amusingly literal by the camera going out at the end of the episode.

So did I miss parts about Werner's issues? He had a breakdown when he was inspecting the demo site and then his sob story with his wife. I remember last episode he got drunk and got all "science bitch" with some rando in the bar. So is this a case of a mental breakdown or is he really homesick? Kinda weird that this "professional" suddenly is giving Mike all kinds of opportunities to off him.

One issue is that, if Mike does kill Werner, what exactly do they tell everyone else? A dead person is even harder to hide than a living, missing person. What do they tell his wife back in Germany? Can they trust the other six guys to keep quiet? I feel like killing Werner actually causes more problems than it solves. If I were Mike I'd punish Werner by chaining him to something (like he did with Walt) and just never letting him leave.

Cold open with mommy Kim, Lalo scenes (including Hector getting his iconic bell), Jimmy's spiel at the hearing being all for nothing (and his subsequent meltdown when he finds out he failed to be reinstated), the confrontation between Jimmy and Kim, Mike finding out that Werner is gone...

INCREDIBLE
episode.

Poor, stupid, naive, innocent Werner. :(

All you had to do was complete your work, man. You'd be set up after that, just as Mike said. Gus obviously doesn't want you knowing you're in New Mexico, so what the hell are you doing?

Now things have to go south for the guy, and it's a real shame.

That argument, man. Jimmy really does see a lot of the people who go against him as Chuck. First time he's imposed that image on to Kim. I'm guessing/hoping that next episode we're gonna see her finally convince Jimmy to go to therapy.

Lalo's a really interesting character, and I'm curious what his end game is. He's so different from the other Salamancas.

This is making me think.

Saul Goodman's diploma in Breaking Bad is a hell of a lot different than what we saw of Jimmy McGill's diploma. Master of Arts? Yeah right, not when a law degree is J.D. Even Skyler White caught that bullshit a mile away when she was first introduced to Saul Goodman in Breaking Bad.

So the only explanation is Saul Goodman represents the access to criminal networks he has. Which means I wouldn't put it past Jimmy McGill to forge a diploma and use the Saul Goodman moniker as a way to get back into lawyering. No way in hell he's waiting another year.
Jimmy still has that diploma. He doesn't lose it by getting disbarred, he just loses his law license.
What likely happens between BCS and Breaking Bad is that Jimmy wants a degree with the name Saul Goodman on it, so he makes a fake diploma. Maybe he puts Master of Arts so he could argue the diploma is just for show if he ever got called out on it.

All you had to do was complete your work, man. You'd be set up after that, just as Mike said. Gus obviously doesn't want you knowing you're in New Mexico, so what the hell are you doing?
They know they're in ABQ, or at least Werner does. He learned that during the last episode iirc.

They know they're in ABQ, or at least Werner does. He learned that during the last episode iirc.
Ah, really? Guess I missed or forgot that tidbit. Now he certainly knows the precise location of where the lab is being built, though.

Where was the strip club located? Would've thought they'd cross state lines for that outing, at least.

Ah, really? Guess I missed or forgot that tidbit. Now he certainly knows the precise location of where the lab is being built, though.

Where was the strip club located? Would've thought they'd cross state lines for that outing, at least.
The strip club was in Albuquerque.

Gus is more worried about them going to the police and doesn't really care about them knowing the location. I mean, he employs a laundromat staff that knows some shady shit is going down underneath them in Breaking Bad. When he is vetting someone to build the lab and when the staff first gets there, he doesn't want them to know the location because he doesn't know if they're trustworthy yet. I think by the time of the RnR trip, he probably decided that they weren't as big a liability as long as they remained supervised enough to not end up in police custody before leaving the country. Now that Werner's left, he's a huge liability.

The strip club was in Albuquerque.

Gus is more worried about them going to the police and doesn't really care about them knowing the location. I mean, he employs a laundromat staff that knows some shady shit is going down underneath them in Breaking Bad. When he is vetting someone to build the lab and when the staff first gets there, he doesn't want them to know the location because he doesn't know if they're trustworthy yet. I think by the time of the RnR trip, he probably decided that they weren't as big a liability as long as they remained supervised enough to not end up in police custody before leaving the country. Now that Werner's left, he's a huge liability.
Yep, that all makes sense, you're right. Run-ins with the authorities when attempting to leave or return to the country are inevitable.

I'm really eager to see where this goes. This season went by quick, the finale next Monday, then we're out of episodes again for a long time. Dammit.

At least this wait should be a few months shorter than the wait for the last couple of seasons since they plan for the next one to debut around the same time this one did.

I was thinking he had cancer, the reason he took this job was to leave a large sum of money for his wife- but the work been delayed so much and its taking longer than expected so he feels he may never see his wife again, he's on borrowed time and originally expected to live long enough to go back- which is why he wants to go for a weekend, a final "goodbye" ("wiedersehen") of sorts.

Also Werner is the first name of Heisenberg, so there's that.
That makes sense although he likely wont get any money now that he bailed out. I don't think gus will care to much about the sorry note and plans he left on the bed. He should have been straight with mike before being stupid.