Brexit costing Britain £500m a week and rising, compared to £350m dividend touted by Leave campaign

Some crappy times ahead for a lot of people in the UK. That's the worst part, many of the ones that'll end up worse because of this wanted nothing to do with it. I'm sure the Boris Johnson's, Theresa May's and Nigel Farage's will happily carry on with their lives regardless of the outcome though...
I disagree. A large percentage of leave voters are going to be those who end up worst off. The sad thing is only a small percentage of them have changed their minds.

Funnily enough I do think we should analyse what drives people to terrorism. Because you stop terrorism by dealing with the root causes. Not by othering people and bombing the shit out of them (that will cause more terrorism)

likewise you stop people for voting for stupid damaging shit by looking at the root causes and dealing with them. Not by shouting that there isn't a problem and othering them. Do that and you get more people voting for more dumb shit.
Let's stay with this metaphor: When trying to stem terrorist propaganda, you shut down the vectors for it' dissemination. Who is calling for the propagandists at the Brietbarts and Daily Fails of the world to be closed, and their poison taken off the shelves?

Until that happens I have to assume that you aren't really serious about de-programming these poor, ignorant boobs. Instead it seems you're happy to let them continue blowing shit up until their tender fee-fees are assuaged.

Last edited:
You started this thread with the assertion that these people weren't idiots.

They certainly managed to find that information after the vote.
I started with the assertion that most people don't follow this stuff on a level of detail you seem to expect of them.

We're talking newspaper headlines and TV News coverage. Those things weren't talking up the wonders of EU funding helping the community.

Let's stay with this metaphor: When trying to stem terrorist propaganda, you shut down the vectors for it' dissemination. Who is calling for the propagandists at the Brietbarts and Daily Fails of the world to be closed, and their poison taken off the shelves?

Until that happens I have to assume that you aren't really serious about de-programming these poor, ignorant boobs. Instead it seems your happy to let them continue blowing shit up until their tender fee-fees are assuaged.
I never said that. I agree that we need to sort out the problem of misinformation and our shitty press it is one of the Root causes. I care a lot about the impoverished areas of the UK, I grew up in one of the areas with the lowest rates of social mobility in the country and I hate how London centric this country is and how much the rest of the UK gets ignored.

also comparing brexit voters to terrorists is kinda insulting, we should probably pivot from that.
and lumping in the poor like that smacks of classism.

If the government decided to cancel, there's every sign that the EU would be open to it. But neither party wants to. The issue cuts across party lines, so neither Labour nor Conservative can afford to alienate their Leave voters if they want to win the next election.
That's really sad.

The UK seems reasonable compared to us in the US. You guys can reverse this, right? It just seems like nothing but a huge win to Russia and pensioners who don't really have any stake in the game at this point.
No, there is no easy way to reverse it. We can try and rejoin, but the negotiations to rejoin after we've just left would be incredibly tough.
The only way to reverse it is for a 2nd referendum that shows huge support for remain, plus a new UK government with a stable majority that is committed to remaining in Europe and acting in good faith. This is almost certainly not going to happen.

We are very likely to exit with no deal because our government cannot do any type of deal and win majority support in parliament.
If that happens, we will probably see a massive economic downturn that lasts a generation before we rejoin. The old generation will have to die and all the next generation of old people will have to start getting nostalgic for the glory days of living in the EU.

I hate this view that all the thicko poor people on council estates voted for Brexit and made it happen - when just as many middle class dickheads in big houses and average middle class dickheads who don't think they're that well off but are in reality thought it would be great and voted for it too.

Said as someone who spent his childhood growing up in very poor areas and council estates, but would now be classed as a middle class dickhead.

Lets blame all those thick poor/working class people, it's their fault.

I started with the assertion that most people don't follow this stuff on a level of detail you seem to expect of them.

We're talking newspaper headlines and TV News coverage. Those things weren't talking up the wonders of EU funding helping the community.
Yet they still managed to get access to this information after the vote. This information was available before, they just chose to ignore it.

In these situations, they aren't still ignorant on the consequences. They were cavalier before, and then they weren't immediately afterwards. And if they truly didn't care about sinking further, and it was all about sending a message, they'd all be pretty gung ho about losing those funds.

That makes them idiots.

Last edited:
Yet they still managed to get access to this information after the vote. This information was available before, they just chose to ignore it.

In these situations, they aren't still ignorant on the consequences. They were cavalier before, and then they weren't immediately afterwards. And if they truly didn't care about sinking further, they'd all be pretty gung ho about losing those funds.

That makes them idiots.

Can you tell me some major things that has happened since Brexit that people would notice in their day-to-day lives?

Can you tell me some major things that has happened since Brexit that people would notice in their day-to-day lives?
Very little has changed, so far. And very little changed after the vote. Yet they still noticed that they were going to lose those funds.

Who told them? Why did they believe that source? Did they suddenly get a bout of clarity?

No, they just didn't think things though beforehand. They knew beforehand, but caught themselves in a masturbatory orgy of nationalism.

If that's the price to be free from those dictators in Brussels then it's a price worth paying. They make so many laws that control my life, I just couldn't tell you which ones!

We'll be making deals with other countries in no time as well! Other countries will put us to the front of the queue because of who we are! I mean we survived the Blitz, and trade deals only take a few weeks to do, I read that on Facebook!

This bus will forever haunt the dreams of leave voters for being dumb as hell.
Yup, leave voters are so ignorant that DESPITE all the shit terrible things that's going to happen to our country it's still good that we're TAKING BACK CONTROL! DEAL WITH IT REMOANERS.

I hate this country. Fuck.

I never said that. I agree that we need to sort out the problem of misinformation and our shitty press it is one of the Root causes. I care a lot about the impoverished areas of the UK, I grew up in one of the areas with the lowest rates of social mobility in the country and I hate how London centric this country is and how much the rest of the UK gets ignored.

also comparing brexit voters to terrorists is kinda insulting, we should probably pivot from that.
and lumping in the poor like that smacks of classism.
not suicide bomber terrorists, no.

But economical terrorists? Baby-Boomer-fuck-you-got-mine-Terrorists? Yes.

Historically, will the UK become the first and largest case for self-inflicted destruction of a modern world power?

Or has any other big nation done something similar in the past? And if so, how are they doing these days? Or did they become irrelevant?

People think this because they are told that is the problem though. "immigrants putting a strain on the NHS", "immigrants taking our jobs" etc. Our shitty right wing press causes this problem. Racism is a learned behavior it doesn't come natural to people. To change this country you have to bring these people into the fold give them a positive message of change to rally around. the leave campaign was presenting a positive vision of change, the remain campaign was all "bad things will happen if we leave" which is true but that isnt how you engage people. the remain campaign needed to have a positive vision for being in the EU which they didn't do because thats pretty impossible when you blame all your pboelms on the EU like the political class like too.
Stop. Babying. Grown. Ass. Adults.

Exiters didn't trick them. They played to the biases that were already there. It's not the right wing press' fault that people are bigoted.

And I like how you say that Brexit had a positive message when it was primary about using the fear of Muslims and Eastern Europeans to get the vote

Exiters didn't trick them. They played to the biases that were already there. It's not the right wing press' fault that people are bigoted.

And I like how you say that Brexit had a positive message when it was primary about using the fear of Muslims and Eastern Europeans to get the vote
This. It was using botched financial reports to justify xenophobia and racism.

Damn i might be moving to the uk within a decade or so cuz i always loved england and did not feel at home in my country.

But going from the netherlands to england i doubt thats a big downgrade at all.

Well thankfully this is still years off but guess i should save up alot just incase wich honestly i should do anyway when moving to a diffferent country.

Always liked england since i was a child already.

But yeah doubt it will be a huge downgrade in my case xd our government is not exactly that amazing aswell.

Hopefully tho movin in does not get harder for eu citizens.

Yeah sure i should just cut off my entire family that seems like a great idea!

The positives people were given were a better NHS, More jobs for their sons / grandsons a fairer (for them) Britain. A more prosperous country. yeah all those are bollocks but this is what people were told.

it literally is the right wing press's fault they are bigoted, where so you think the fear-mongering comes from?

and i dont baby people that voted for brexit, i tell them in no uncertain terms that their vote hurts me personally, will make them poorer and make everything worse for everyone. What i dont do is ostracize them and start treating them like they arent fellow human beings.

On social media I see a lot of the same idiots I know who backed Leave now calling for Boris to be PM, despite the fact he was at the forefront of the Leave campaign and used outright lies and misinformation and deflection to con his base into voting.

The kind of delusion here is shocking, and in almost every single example it's more about sticking it to the left even if it means making life worse for themselves and those they care about.

Self-destruction is a inherent to human existence, but I still find it amazing people take it this far and so willingly fuck themselves over just to shit on people who think differently to themselves.

Mostly though I think the entire "sock it to the left" comes form a position of guilt, a lot of the people I see on social media are the type who still behave in ways that #metoo called out and are super defensive about their privileges, etc..., so they feel constantly attacked by the left calling for them to do better as people and take any opportunity to hit back. It's really fucking sad.

Yeah sure i should just cut off my entire family that seems like a great idea!
So yet another person who won't rightfully criticizes bigots because "lol blood." Typical. This always happens in these kind of topics.

The positives people were given were a better NHS, More jobs for their sons / grandsons a fairer (for them) Britain. A more prosperous country. yeah all this are bollocks but this is what people were told.

it literally is the right wing press's fault they are bigoted, where so you think the fear-mongering comes from?
The bigotry was already there. You think a country that once controlled much if the Earth are not gonna have superiorty complex?

They thought the immigrants were taking their jobs from their more deserving children. The "positive" message was that they would get rid of immigrants.

And again, the right wing media can do so much. The hate was already there. Why else would hate crimes spike after Brexit?

and i dont baby people that voted for brexit, i tell them in no uncertain terms that their vote hurts me personally, will make them poorer and make everything worse for everyone. What i dont do is ostracize them and start treating them like they arent fellow human beings.
You're babying them by denying their own agency in favor of a fluffed up lie. It was xenophobia for Brexit. Like how many studies must be presented for you to wake up.

And you're confusing "rightful anger at bigots" with "treating them like they're subhuman"

So yet another person who won't rightfully criticizes bigots because "lol blood." Typical. This always happens in these kind of topics.

The bigotry was already there. You think a country that once controlled much if the Earth are not gonna have superiorty complex?

They thought the immigrants were taking their jobs from their more deserving children. The "positive" message was that they would get rid of immigrants.

And again, the right wing media can do so much. The hate was already there. Why else would hate crimes spike after Brexit?

You're babying them by denying their own agency in favor of a fluffed up lie. It was xenophobia for Brexit. Like how many studies must be presented for you to wake up.

And you're confusing "rightful anger at bigots" with "treating them like they're subhuman"
Oh get out of here. Calling my family members that you have never met bigots when you have no idea what their motivations behind their votes are. I can agree that they have misplaced their trust and they have been fooled. But I know for a fact they aren't prejudice against others. If you keep dismissing people like this then I hope you get ready for a Brexit 2.0 because that's all this attitude is gonna get you.

Oh get out of here. Calling my family members that you have never met bigots when you have no idea what their motivations behind their votes are. I can agree that they have misplaced their trust and they have been fooled. But I know for a fact they aren't prejudice against others.
For the last time, if you play the odds, they're most likely bigoted.

https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fpsyg.2017.02023/full#h5
https://www.vox.com/2016/6/23/12005814/brexit-eu-referendum-immigrants
https://www.thenation.com/article/t...ms-of-the-same-failure-to-reckon-with-racism/
http://www.migrantyouth.org/resourc...-racism-and-xenophobia-after-the-brexit-vote/

Also, just because your parents doesn't shout "Kill Muslims" or attack Romanians, doesn't mean they're not bigoted. Casual racism is a thing.

And even then, congratulations, they may not be bigots themselves. But that just means they're apathetic towards it.

If you keep dismissing people like this then I hope you get ready for a Brexit 2.0 because that's all this attitude is gonna get you.

"Be nice to the bigots. Or else they're gonna get pissy because some American on a video game forum said mean things about them"

I'm sorry that I want ADULTS to be held responsible for their actions. But we should coddle them and tell them that racism is not their fault.

Those that steadfastly cling to ignorance are destined to wallow in their own misery.

Those of us that are still young shouldn't go down without a fight. Don't let old racists decide our future for us.

From where, in what sector?
I mean, it's not that easy, but it would probably be smart not to commit to anything before we know what's going to happen. But maybe that's just me being too careful.
Gym, Sports, Fitness or whatever I can find with a Graduate & Master Degree qualifications.

Still trying to find.

Gym, Sports, Fitness or whatever I can find with a Graduate & Master Degree qualifications.

Still trying to find.
The government just announced their post Brexit immigration policy. It is origin-agnostic, so did not favour EU or US citizens.
Unless you're "highly skilled" you're fucked. You've got a degree, but I think gym work is relatively low paid so I don't know what it means for you.

The government just announced their post Brexit immigration policy. It is origin-agnostic, so did not favour EU or US citizens.
Unless you're "highly skilled" you're fucked. You've got a degree, but I think gym work is relatively low paid so I don't know what it means for you.
What an absolute shit show.