California, already had the strictest gun control laws in the nation, just passed a bunch more

It raises the possibility of criminal or desperate behavior.

Is it fair? No, but they have the power of life and death in their hands. All reasonable risk corridors have to be shut down.
You're right - but I do think it would inevitably wind up disarming/prohibiting minorities from owning guns at a grossly disproportionate rate.

I wonder if the NRA would be against that too, or if they'd do a 180 like they did with the Mulford Act.

Love the mandatory training one the most!
Depends on how it's implemented. In Illinois, a 16 hour course is required for concealed carry. The first 8 hours is the NRA intro to a pistol course, and the second day is more local focus on ordinances and use of force, and then putting 30 rounds into a really large target from 5, 7 and 10 yards. I honestly didn't think that was sufficient and I learned that a number of my fellow classmates seemed eager to shoot another human being.

I'm guessing it'll be the basic NRA "This is a gun. This is the shooty end. Bullets go here." lesson.

This truly isn't strict enough, in all honesty, but it is a step in the right direction.

U.S needs gun laws that is close to as strict as Japan in my view and allow for gun ranges where people can use it there, but not be allowed to leave with it. It also needs to be federal. State, city, and county gun laws are not efficient, as guns can easily be trafficked between states.

Depends on how it's implemented. In Illinois, a 16 hour course is required for concealed carry. The first 8 hours is the NRA intro to a pistol course, and the second day is more local focus on ordinances and use of force, and then putting 30 rounds into a really large target from 5, 7 and 10 yards. I honestly didn't think that was sufficient and I learned that a number of my fellow classmates seemed eager to shoot another human being.

I'm guessing it'll be the basic NRA "This is a gun. This is the shooty end. Bullets go here." lesson.
Ugh. I hope it's not the NRA shit. The gun safety class is a joke, with an open book 'test' at the end.

I only felt confident with a pistol after going through a full day 1:1 basic pistol class taught by a former Marine.