Community Spotlight: Toonami |SepOct18| I'm not scared of that knife or your tiny balls!!

We got another one
It's actually impressive what the original series was able to accomplish when you look at how early the stories diverged. Like, immediately after you get into the Brotherhood-exclusive stuff they introduce important new characters and really expand on the world building and all that stuff. The people who worked on the original show clearly just didn't have access to the answers to the show's big questions, and that's where that show stumbled.

They did manage to do some damn fine character work in FMA 2003, so I definitely don't want to shit on that show. They did great things with what they had, but the stuff they were missing was really important as it turns out.

It's actually impressive what the original series was able to accomplish when you look at how early the stories diverged. Like, immediately after you get into the Brotherhood-exclusive stuff they introduce important new characters and really expand on the world building and all that stuff. The people who worked on the original show clearly just didn't have access to the answers to the show's big questions, and that's where that show stumbled.

They did manage to do some damn fine character work in FMA 2003, so I definitely don't want to shit on that show. They did great things with what they had, but the stuff they were missing was really important as it turns out.
Yea I wouldn't shit on it (Though the ending really was kinda wack), and I don't regret it watching way back when. Just that Brotherhood is the definitive version for good reason lol

Yea I wouldn't shit on it (Though the ending really was kinda wack), and I don't regret it watching way back when. Just that Brotherhood is the definitive version for good reason lol
oh I'll shit on the ending to FMA all day long, it was TRAAAASH

all their stuff with the secret of the gate was the dumbest shit

and then Conqueror of Shamballa made it worse somehow

I don't want to live in a world where there is no Lan Fan.

Truth.

Like, the one real downside I give Brotherhood is the beginning is hella rushed because Bones assumed you already watched the 2003 series, but once you get past that point, Brotherhood is just aces all around.

Everything with the 2003 anime just kind of falls apart for me after
Scar sacrifices himself to create the Philosopher's stone.

Truth.

Like, the one real downside I give Brotherhood is the beginning is hella rushed because Bones assumed you already watched the 2003 series, but once you get past that point, Brotherhood is just aces all around.

Everything with the 2003 anime just kind of falls apart for me after
Scar sacrifices himself to create the Philosopher's stone.
I can kind of see that, but even though they start to lay the foundations for the really terrible stuff at that point, I feel like it held together decently enough up until

they deal with Sloth

Like right after that the show dives directly off a cliff.

The reveal of how homunculi are created is the exact point where I gave up on all hope of ever enjoying FMA 03. That was far from my only issue, but it was the tipping point for me.

What is going on in the DBS thread? Movie spoilers? Undue outrage at the above I feel like I'm missing part of the conversation but I don't actually want to step in the DBS thread if shit is going down or something.
I honestly wish that thread would find other shit to watch to be honest. The amount of bitching that goes around regarding DBS is just straight up uncalled for. Granted if that's how they react for something as dumb fun as DBS I honestly don't want them polluting another fandom.

"B-but it's still better than that generic ass Shonen ending so take that"

Preach.

They really shouldn't have even bothered with that turd since it was initially suppose to be longer before they cut it down to a single movie.

Seda

Community Resettler
So my immediate reaction to the kekkei genkai bloodline powers in Attack on Titan is that it dramatically lessens my enthusiasm for the show. It kinda reminds me of midichlorians or something, where combat aptitude is a biological limit rather than a normal mix of talent or effort.

B-Dubs

Oh well, what the hell
Administrator
So my immediate reaction to the kekkei genkai bloodline powers in Attack on Titan is that it dramatically lessens my enthusiasm for the show. It kinda reminds me of midichlorians or something, where combat aptitude is a biological limit rather than a normal mix of talent or effort.
I honestly didn't think we'd get here so fast. What episode number is this?

i actually don't like most of titan to be honest, i'm pretty sure it got popular mostly because it has a neat concept and because of how brutal the early parts of it are

i actually don't like most of titan to be honest, i'm pretty sure it got popular mostly because it has a neat concept and because of how brutal the early parts of it are
Neat concept?

I dont know, similar to heroAca getting popular because it came at the height of the resurgence in Superheroes across the world, Shingeki rose to fame because it came at the height of the YA future dystopia. Neither series base concepts were new or unique.

B-Dubs

Oh well, what the hell
Administrator
Neat concept?

I dont know, similar to heroAca getting popular because it came at the height of the resurgence in Superheroes across the world, Shingeki rose to fame because it came at the height of the YA future dystopia. Neither series base concepts were new or unique.
I actually agree with this and would add that it's also a zombie series, without zombies, that came at the height of the craze.

B-Dubs

Oh well, what the hell
Administrator
It's basically zombies except characters can turn into super zombies and get super powers by eating brains of super zombies
I mean more how it's story has developed. It's more or less a take on the Walking Dead. Especially early on when everyone is getting eaten.

If we ever get a sports show on Toonami, it's gotta be Ping Pong. Ping Pong or nothing!

Also, I don't know if I would say AOT is completely comparable to TWD/Zombie craze.

Most zombie works don't imbue a sense of mystery into them. The horror aspect is certainly a large reason why AOT is so popular, but the reasons fans stick around is because they want to understand the world.

Also MMA Titan fights.

Speaking of horror, watched Train to Busan recently.

Good movie, no idea why there's a push to remake it.