Forza Horizon 4 |OT| Seasoned to Perfection

Umm I just noticed I'm not getting 2X credit for VIP
Completed alot of races and owned the Lake Lodge house
Have not seen 2X rewards in races nor wheelspins

Does the campaign technically end after the first year?
AFAICT the campaign doesn't really end. You'll just have completed all events at some point.

Edit: Ah you're talking about the introduction? That's not what I would call a campaign myself. But yes you see a few seasons and then go into full "Horizon Life" mode.

Cheeky Lambos seasonal event is some grade A bullcrap. I've never been so frustrated with a Forza Horizon game and I played them all.

First red flag was when I noticed I'm being forced to team up with other people while playing a Singe Player campaign.

Yes, that event is super hard (in comparison with everything else), but a note: the seasonal events are more part of the online part of the game, not of the single player campaign ;)

Umm I just noticed I'm not getting 2X credit for VIP
Completed alot of races and owned the Lake Lodge house
Have not seen 2X rewards in races nor wheelspins
I think I'm the same, i don't know if it's a bug or not. I'm still raking in loads of cash which makes that review look a little silly. As I'm having no problem with the payouts and progression.

Cheeky Lambos seasonal event is some grade A bullcrap. I've never been so frustrated with a Forza Horizon game and I played them all.

First red flag was when I noticed I'm being forced to team up with other people while playing a Singe Player campaign. I sensed trouble, but I thought I'll give this event a benefit of the doubt "Eh, how bad can this be, it's just some coop fun against AI". Naive me didn't know how bad this is about to get.

This event is INSANE difficulty spike compared to everything I did in the game so for over 30 hours or so. The objective is to beat a team of Highly Skilled drivatars with a team of real people. Biggest problem is that these drivatars are nothing like Highly Skilled drivatars from Solo events. I think their difficulty is more in line with Unbeatable. WTF? This wouldn't even be big of a problem for me, EXCEPT, you have to rely on other people who are in your team to also be good drivers. This hasn't happened yet. Is this like a high end Destiny 2 raid? Are we supposed to use websites and look for good players ourselves to stand a fair chance at this event?

I lost count how many times I attempted this event by now. I also read that even if you manage to win both races for some people it's bugged and they don't get the Super Wheelspin reward. What a kick in the teeth after all that hard work... meh.

Wondering what others think who attempted this event?
It's Forza's own take on "raids". It's an hard event where you need a good tuned up car and decent drivers. I like it.

Edit: I agree they should warn you more though. So much people getting in there in a crappy rent car lol

I think I'm the same, i don't know if it's a bug or not. I'm still raking in loads of cash which makes that review look a little silly. As I'm having no problem with the payouts and progression.
I'm actually getting very little cash even with 75% difficulty bonus :/

Performance mode on the X is nice, really nice, but holy shit, quality mode looks unreal, it's not an easy decision, considering I've played every Horizon at 30fps.........

Performance mode on the X is nice, really nice, but holy shit, quality mode looks unreal, it's not an easy decision, considering I've played every Horizon at 30fps.........
I started on Quality and it just looks so damn good. Even with 30fps, it still perfoms super good. 60 seems nice if you only have a 1080p TV. Sure its slick but I also like the added graphical features, especially at night.

I have the Ultimate Edition, I've also been gaming the Mixer influence expolit, and I still feel like I'm strapped for cash. You have enough money for the more basic and lower tiered vehicles, but as soon as you want the S2 and X vehicles, along with serious tunes, you're looking at 500k-3m a pop, per ride. You can effectively blow all your money on a single top performance vehicle.

In contrast, this many hours into Forza Horizon 3 (also with VIP) I had far more hyper and supercars, plus more S2 and X max tuned vehicles in general, which afforded me more freedom to experiment with more performance vehicles and tunes. I think all the cosmetic and horn nonsense really impacts the rate at which you get money and cars from wheelspins. Don't get me wrong, you still get an abundance of vehicles, just not necessarily one's you care for or would typically use, plus to get those vehicles to be truly competitive, you have to spend another 100k to 300k on tunes per vehicle (depending on the type of vehicle and whether you need an engine swap).

Last edited:
I started on Quality and it just looks so damn good. Even with 30fps, it still perfoms super good. 60 seems nice if you only have a 1080p TV. Sure its slick but I also like the added graphical features, especially at night.
yeah, I'm sticking to quality even on my 1080p tv because it just looks so damn good and 30 feels fine (rock solid) to me

Interestingly enough my problem with the game not installing didn't fix itself with the link to the store either, on the page is still said this product is unavailable, however I tried it later again on my xbox through the store link (not game pass) and it started to download.

So the Expansion bundle is $35 and the Ultimate edition bundle is $50. If people want to know. This is before the Gamepass 10% discount if you have that.
Do you have a link to this on the store?

I have the Ultimate Edition, I've also been gaming the Mixer influence expolit,
What is this?

Imho in FH4 credits are much tighter controlled than in FH3. I am level 200++, completed all the main content and even already abused the system and I can't even afford all houses, only bought 3-4 cars so far. Even if I hadn't bought houses, I could still only have afforded a few of the top class cars.

arrghhhh really annoying when you have your best car, costs a fortune then you take place in a race and they give you a shit one... then you have to buy your car again! Why?!

Yup, the headlights are brilliant on quality.

Imho in FH4 credits are much tighter controlled than in FH3. I am level 200++, completed all the main content and even already abused the system and I can't even afford all houses, only bought 3-4 cars so far. Even if I hadn't bought houses, I could still only have afforded a few of the top class cars.
Yeap. I'd argue FH4's credits are far more tight and stringent than FH3's, plus there's more really expensive stuff to spend money on (eg houses as you've mentioned). Without the Ultimate Edition, I could absolutely see why someone might feel a bit shafted, or the progression too slow, at least if they cared for higher performance racing anyway (S2 and X class) or wanted to be truly competitive online.

Yeap. I'd argue FH4's credits are far more tight and stringent than FH3's, plus there's more really expensive stuff to spend money on (eg houses as you've mentioned). Without the Ultimate Edition, I could absolutely see why someone might feel a bit shafted, or the progression too slow, at least if they cared for higher performance racing anyway (S2 and X class) or wanted to be truly competitive online.
Agree, in the past games VIP seemed just to accelerate progression, now it feels like money progression is a bit more tailored towards VIP (race payouts in general are not that high).

From what I have seen it's annoying the wheel spin loot pool has been diluted by clothing items instead of cars/money/credits.

Looks better vs plays better. Should be a no brainer really ;)
Plays fine on 30fps, I prefer a bit of extra visual fidelity over those 30 extra fps, like I said, I've played 3 iterations of Horizon on 30fps, and have had a blast with all of them, so I'll take the visual bump over the framerate one!

Just got a a very nice Vantage Gt12. Such a fun car to drive. Very nice handling. Fast but not crazy hyper car fast and you can still easy play arround with it of you want. Love those kind of cars.

I played the Qualitymode for the whole weekend and now that I am finished with exploring the world I switched to performance yesterday.
60fps is definitely the way to go if you are serious about doing timetrial events etc.

Much of the 4k beauty is also hidden under the motionblur when you are driving.
It mostly shines when you are standing still and taking up the environment.

Agree, in the past games VIP seemed just to accelerate progression, now it feels like money progression is a bit more tailored towards VIP (race payouts in general are not that high).
It's been quite some time now that pure credit rewards from races are not your main income. It's all about wheel spins and other gifting initiatives. Plus remember that while you can't resell cars to the game, there's always the auction house (note to Turn10/PG: please relax the ridiculous 10 auctions per day limit, thank you).

Edit:
Plays fine on 30fps, I prefer a bit of extra visual fidelity over those 30 extra fps, like I said, I've played 3 iterations of Horizon on 30fps, and have had a blast with all of them, so I'll take the visual bump over the framerate one!
Heresy!

Whatever floats your boat I guess :p

Edit 2:
60fps is definitely the way to go if you are serious about doing timetrial events etc.
This so much.

I played the Qualitymode for the whole weekend and now that I am finished with exploring the world I switched to performance yesterday.
Yeah, good point, it's a shame that you have to reboot the game to change mode, but there is a definite advantage to using the performance mode for shaving tenths off things like TT's

From what I have seen it's annoying the wheel spin loot pool has been diluted by clothing items instead of cars/money/credits.
It's one of my big negatives with the game. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely adore it, and right now it's probably a 9.5/10 for me. The games highs are far higher than FH3, but the reason why I still think FH3 is a better game (and a 10/10) despite having less content, no seasons and all the rest, is that I feel it was a purer and more wholesome experience, that had less filler and unecessary stuff. It had it's focus purely on vehiclar drama and theatre, and everything in the game was implemented to further that ideal, whereas this new title muddies the waters a touch with other superflous stuff like emotes and cosmetics, which do unfortunately stifle progression and reward systems, thus indirectly affecting the racing.

Hell if it wasn't for all that extra stuff, I'd probably have dozens more cars I actually want and would be using right about now. I don't want to just have 1 or 2 hypercars or track toys that I have to use for hours and hours on end, instead, like in Forza Horizon 3, after dozens of hours of play time, I want to be able to choose between multiple different hypercars or track toys, eg a LaFerrari, a McLaren P1, a Keonigsigg One:1, a Lamborghini Centenario and so on and so on.

Wait are you referring to NPC cars? I don't really pay attention to those and really haven't noticed.

I was referring to cars you can own.
Yeah, NPC cars, but also the ones you own.

I know it's not a big thing in the grand scheme of things, but it looks odd from an 'authenticity' perspective, as it's a RHD traffic system.