Forza Horizon 4 |OT| Seasoned to Perfection

My wheel (T500RS) doesn't work with the full game, no force feedback just like the demo. Well actually, it's a bit better than the demo since the pedals work correctly this time but the wheel itself doesn't.

Submitted a support ticket so lets see if they fix it before my gamepass free trial runs out.

People are treating this game like something to beat in 10 hours and getting cross when it doesn't hand them everything they want. It's a baffling approach to a game clearly design to last a long time, and a game that's supposed to be an experience, not an enemy to be beaten.

It also shows a failure to understand a game that's been designed to appeal to a broad play base. When someone considers themselves a "hardcore gamer" and is at level 200 after 24 hours then complains about the level of reward and content they just come across as selfish. "Make this game just for my tiny narrow segment of the market - screw the people with jobs and families, screw the kids. Gimme all the hypercars, castles and content right now."

Yes I know it's going to take you a long time to afford to buy Edinburgh Castle. That's not a flaw. That's the bloody point.
Yeah and as someone who has been playing a lot of hours of this game, I'm just bambling around having fun. Not trying to optimise my path through the content. I want to be playing through multiple seasons and stop to fuck around with my mates and take ages modifying a car like one I had in real life. Baffles me seeing people trying to rush through it all as quickly as possible and talking about 'grinding a race for the most influence'.

Ooofff that’s a lot but it doesn’t matter honestly. The game is so much fun
I mean you can call it a tutorial but you can still do a fair amount of the main game’s content during it. I completed all the offroad exhibitions and the finale for it before finishing the tutorial. It’s a weird system.

Guys, does the gamepass version give you VIP, the Bond, and the drift car pack?

I ask because I pre-ordered the ultimate edition, and the payment eventually failed but it all pre-loaded. Now, playing the gamepass verison, I have VIP and these 2 car packs?!

People are treating this game like something to beat in 10 hours and getting cross when it doesn't hand them everything they want. It's a baffling approach to a game clearly design to last a long time, and a game that's supposed to be an experience, not an enemy to be beaten.

It also shows a failure to understand a game that's been designed to appeal to a broad play base. When someone considers themselves a "hardcore gamer" and is at level 200 after 24 hours then complains about the level of reward and content they just come across as selfish. "Make this game just for my tiny narrow segment of the market - screw the people with jobs and families, screw the kids. Gimme all the hypercars, castles and content right now."

Yes I know it's going to take you a long time to afford to buy Edinburgh Castle. That's not a flaw. That's the bloody point.
This is an irritatingly presumptuous post.

Firstly I've played the game for 6 days now. Been playing till Thursday, and took time off to play it so I've literally been playing non stop (the idea being that I could set myself up for more pop in and play over the coming weeks and months).

If all I'd played is 10 hours, I'd agree you'd have a point, but I've played orders of magnitude more than that, in fact I've played as much as most people probably will in several weeks, so the number of days I've played doesn't make any difference to this discussion, what matters is how much time I'm invested, and how much reward or progression I've gotten for that investment, because other people will do the same over weeks, which could make things more, not less frustrating.

On that basis, I can without a shadow of a doubt say that Forza Horizon 3 was considerably more generous in its monetary and vehicular hand outs than Forza Horizon 4, and the key reason for this is that cosmetics occupy roughly ~60%+ of all rewards incurred in FH4, whereas before they occupied a grand total of none.

That's the point. It doesn't matter if you're given more wheelspins than you were in FH3, because this time the vast bulk of them are fruitless and offer stuff that is unrelated to racing, nor anything relating to precurring more cars or vehicles.

I literally just posted this on the previous page. Shit like this would and could never happen in FH3, and even if you got duplicate vehicles, at least you could sell them.

As if to just further emphasise my post above, I just turned in 17, yes 17 wheelspins, of which I received

8 x common cosmetic clothes items
1 x legendary clothes item
4 x common vehicles
4 x money, totalling close to 100k

It's honestly ridiculous. Thank God there's no actual microtransaction system, otherwise, you'd question whether they might've wanted to push it towards more of a Fifa style system.
Secondly, its not about wanting to complete the game as soon as possible, its about having a more enjoyable and rewarding overall experience.

If I'm putting dozens of ours of gameplay and time into something, I don't want to be rewarded with shite I don't care about. This is a racing game, not a fashion or vanity sim. What I want is to test, explore, tune, race and compete with as many incredible cars as possible, and ideally super exotic or fast ones at that. That's the point. And it's not selfish of me to want game design that better facilitates that, instead of other random nonsense. I find the latter insulting to my time and less fun. Eg, no, I did not spend hours and hours worth of gameplay to earn those 17 wheelspins, just so you could give me 9 useless cosmetic items that will never be used.

Last edited:

Firstly I've played the game for 6 days now. Been playing till Thursday, and took time off to play it so I've literally been playing non stop (the idea being that I could set myself up for more pop in and play over the coming weeks and months).

If all I'd played is 10 hours, I'd agree you'd have a point, but I've played orders of magnitude more than that, in fact I've played as much as most people probably will in several weeks, so the number of days I've played doesn't make any difference to this discussion, what matters is how much time I'm invested, and how much reward or progression I've gotten for that investment, because other people will do the same over weeks, which could make things more, not less frustrating.

On that basis, I can without a shadow of a doubt say that Forza Horizon 3 was considerably more generous in its monetary and vehicular hand outs than Forza Horizon 4, and the key reason for this is that cosmetics occupy roughly ~60%+ of all rewards incurred in FH4, whereas before they occupied a grand total of none.

That's the point. It doesn't matter if you're given more wheelspins than you were in FH3, because this time the vast bulk of them are fruitless and offer stuff that is unrelated to racing, nor anything relating to precurring more cars or vehicles.

I literally just posted this on the previous page. Shit like this would and could never happen in FH3, and even if you got duplicate vehicles, at least you could sell them.

Secondly, its not about wanting to complete the game as soon as possible, its about having a more enjoyable and rewarding overall experience.

If I'm putting dozens of ours of gameplay and time into something, I don't want to be rewarded with shite I don't care about. This is a racing game, not a fashion or vanity sim. What I want is to test, explore, tune, race and compete with as many incredible cars as possible, and ideally super exotic or fast ones at that. That's the point. And it's not selfish of me to want game design that better facilitates that, instead other random nonsense. I find the latter insulting to my time. Eg, no, I did not spend hours and hours worth of gameplay to earn those 17 wheelspins, just so you could give me 9 useless cosmetic items that will never be used.
Don't worry, you're not alone, there are plenty of people on the official forums complaining about the same thing. It's not unreasonable to want and expect a racing game's rewards to be focused on... racing.

It's even more crazy when you consider you can't even create your own character and have to select from a handful of presets. If you're going to go down this road then at least make it feel more personal.

If I'm putting dozens of ours of gameplay and time into something, I don't want to be rewarded with shite I don't care about. This is a racing game, not a fashion or vanity sim. What I want is to test, explore, tune, race and compete with as many incredible cars as possible, and ideally super exotic or fast ones at that. That's the point. And it's not selfish of me to want game design that better facilitates that, instead other random nonsense. I find the latter insulting to my time. Eg, no, I did not spend hours and hours worth of gameplay to earn those 17 wheelspins, just so you could give me 9 useless cosmetic items that will never be used.
I love the game, but I agree that the number of cosmetic rewards is absurd. I hate when a super spinwheel gives me two jackets and a fucking dance.

I am not sure what your issue is with people distributing their game time different than yours? Why not just let people play the way they like to play the game?

To me, it's totally fair game that people that have played the game a lot (maybe 10x as much as you?) discuss if they think the progression system works or not from their perspective (or even maybe in comparison to previous games in the series)

It is funny that you mention "screw the people with jobs and families, screw the kids", because maybe I have already played as much as they will have in a year and still not really progressed much in the game (hypothetically). That could point to a bigger issue with how the game progression is working (or not) and could screw over those people even more (if the game is designed to take 1000h to get anything meaningful, just for the sake of binding the player to the game).

I don't really feel entitled to anything, to me it just feels progression is slower this time around, especially due to things like cosmetics that I do not care all that much about.

I love the game, but I agree that the number of cosmetic rewards is absurd. I hate when a super spinwheel gives me two jackets and a fucking dance.
That's happened to me several times. It's infuriating. Like, I collected 300 Forzathon points doing 10 different live events (it would take twice as long for someone who doesn't have the Ultimate Edition or VIP pass) which take like 15 minutes each, and I get a mitt, some jogging bottoms, three tops that basically look the same and so on? What the fuck am I even playing lol. A racing game or a fashion sim?

I think I've had only one good Super Wheelspin the entire game, and I even posted a screenshot of it earlier, that's how shocked and surprised I was.