Giant Bomb |OT9| A Peaceful Life In Satan City

The playable character you dont pick becomes the main antagonist.
the time I spent reading that sentence was the most interested I’ve ever been in Assassin’s Creed, huh

I have some... questions, about why this dragon lady thought “well, we’re pacted, so I’m going to start flirting with you while stealing the identity of my previous, long dead, partner’s companion” was a cool and not at all deeply troubling thing to do

Listened through the Forza review, really good. I like this format a lot, especially when they're positive towards the game. I will say that Jeff's constant bitching about Forza Horizon's showcase events is hilarious, considering they account for a grand total of maybe 2% of the content in that game. He complains about those events literally any chance he gets and in the course of playing through the entirety of a FH game, you'll spend maybe 30-45 minutes on those races. Dude needs to chill and just take them for the fluffy spectacles they are.

anyway, it was briefly talked about earlier but I’m listening to PTS now and... I don’t know if it’s weirdly frustrating or endearing that Dan thinks people Twitter came up with “shipping”

instead of, like, being a term that’s literally as old as I am

anyway, it was briefly talked about earlier but I’m listening to PTS now and... I don’t know if it’s weirdly frustrating or endearing that Dan thinks people Twitter came up with “shipping”

To be fair you're probably as old as Twitter

Dan is an old man, if it's a term new to him odds are he probably thinks it comes from either Twitter or Tumblr. Just remember how he talks about the writing in Donut County and Night in the Woods.

Decided to start my month of horror movies off with a banger: I Saw The Devil.

Dan is an old man, if it's a term new to him odds are he probably thinks it comes from either Twitter or Tumblr. Just remember how he talks about the writing in Donut County and Night in the Woods.

Decided to start my month of horror movies off with a banger: I Saw The Devil.
That movie is fucking fantastic. Or at least was when it came out. It might feel a bit edgy now.

Wait, Odyssey takes place BEFORE Origins? Will the next game take place during caveman days?

What is the point of naming your game "Origins" and then make the next game take place before that game???

Wait, Odyssey takes place BEFORE Origins? Will the next game take place during caveman days?

What is the point of naming your game "Origins" and then make the next game take place before that game???
it's going to take place in atlantis or something and you'll be one of the precursors

My guess is still that this is the origins of the Templars.

But yeah, it's stupid for the very next came after Origins to be even earlier. If Thermopylae only happened years ago, this game must be set in like 450-ish BCE, which is a full 400 years before Origins.

When will I assassinate Creed in space.
The Earth is already in space, bro.

Edit: non-asshole answer is probably never. The historical stuff is so key to the series identity. Well, unless you go to the ISS to assassinate someone because they brought a Piece of Eden into the upper atmosphere.

That movie is fucking fantastic. Or at least was when it came out. It might feel a bit edgy now.
Yeah, I haven't watched it in a while so I'm curious to see how well it holds up.

Assassin's Creed: Primal

Thought seriously, people didn't know that Odyssey took place earlier than origins till now?

It seemed pretty obvious when they had Plato as your companion whose time was way before the major historical characters in origins.

I don't think he meant that literally. He more seemed to just mean the internet at large and Twitter is just quick shorthand for that in his mind.

Does this mean we'll finally get the payoff to the Precursor story line that was started 25 games ago?
lmao that's never happening

Though if I wanna give Unity any credit it's weird meta WW2 shit was cool. And then a Precusor was digitized and talked to me. Or maybe that one was Syndicate.

Thought seriously, people didn't know that Odyssey took place earlier than origins till now?

It seemed pretty obvious when they had Plato as your companion whose time was way before the major historical characters in origins.
I am a smart guy who knew this when they announced the game. Super smart guy here.

Honestly, an assassin's Creed set in Babylon would be dope.
After AC2 and the big secret video you build out over the course of the game I thought you would eventually get to play as Adam and Eve working as slaves for the Precursors and starting a rebellion, but that never happened.

honestly assassins creed fucking sucks

just stop with that series. You can't go anywhere. We know it ends with fucking..whos that guy..Ezios dude. You know that dude who died with the aliens and what not. BECAUSE IT'S FUCKING DUMB

After AC2 and the big secret video you build out over the course of the game I thought you would eventually get to play as Adam and Eve working as slaves for the Precursors and starting a rebellion, but that never happened.
Do you think they just burnt every story material relating to that after 3.

Strafer

The Flagpole Is Wider
honestly, can you believe that we've gotten so many Ass Games since the first game? Did you think that back in the day?

To be fair you're probably as old as Twitter
rude

I am almost an entire 1.88 Twitters old

I don't think he meant that literally. He more seemed to just mean the internet at large and Twitter is just quick shorthand for that in his mind.
fair enough but it’s still amusing to me to see it as not like

a deeply entrenched in fandom/internet and now legitimately “old” thing, hah

Do you think they just burnt every story material relating to that after 3.
They ended Desmond's story so poorly. Since then they've swung from giving zero shits about the background story to giving very little shits about it. They just burned everything.
honestly, can you believe that we've gotten so many Ass Games since the first game? Did you think that back in the day?
At least one a year ever year (except one) since 2009. It just doesn't fucking stop.

Like, there's been so many that there were three games that ripped off fucking Mark of the Ninja nobody even remembers.

It's seriously been only one generation since ass ass crap 1 and we've had like 20 assassins creed games. Like come on. Ass crap 1 debuted 11 years ago and we've had like 18 games. Its a garbo series pushed by garbo devs.

lmao that's never happening
Then what's the point in anything? Just kill us all already Minerva/Juno whichever one was supposed to do that.

honestly assassins creed fucking sucks

just stop with that series. You can't go anywhere. We know it ends with fucking..whos that guy..Ezios dude. You know that dude who died with the aliens and what not. BECAUSE IT'S FUCKING DUMB
If only it ended with you fucking Ezio, maybe then it would be all worthwhile.

Then what's the point in anything? Just kill us all already Minerva/Juno whichever one was supposed to do that.

If only it ended with you fucking Ezio, maybe then it would be all worthwhile.
Revelations actually gave Ezio a good ending and retroactively made Altair a non-terrible character. It was fucking shocking.

But yeah, there's just digital Precursor shit and apparently time travel now? I never finished Origins but I think some of you guys told me you could actually change the past in that game.
Kate is the worst. She had the shittiest "on the run from the law" type of story.

Look, it's a way to give a massive budget to an explorable recreation of major historical sites (with creative liberties of course) and I can't be mad at that.

I liked AC 2 and Black Flag when it comes to AC games(also the only two that I've played), but that's it. I sort of feel like Ubisoft has made Assassin's Creed their marquee historical themed franchise in Prince of Persia's place. Meanwhile Prince of Persia is sadly as much of a rotting corpse as F-Zero.

I liked AC 2 and Black Flag when it comes to AC games(also the only two that I've played), but that's it. I sort of feel like Ubisoft has made Assassin's Creed their marquee historical themed franchise in Prince of Persia's place. Meanwhile Prince of Persia is sadly as much of a rotting corpse as F-Zero.
We never got a PoP2008 sequel and that's a fucking shame. That game was charm incarnate.
Ubisoft should make another Splinter Cell sometime.
But mostly this.

Revelations actually gave Ezio a good ending and retroactively made Altair a non-terrible character. It was fucking shocking.

But yeah, there's just digital Precursor shit and apparently time travel now? I never finished Origins but I think some of you guys told me you could actually change the past in that game.
I think I mentioned before that I invested too much time in the overarching story of that series and I'm unreasonably bitter that it was an apparent waste of time. I never finished Origins either (fell off it pretty quickly) so I don't know what happened there. Someone feel free to spoil me on the Precursor shit in that game, I need closure dammit!

I would love an AC set in the adam and eve time that was shown in the ac2 hidden video.like freeing all the humans and going to war against the ones who came before.