Giant Bomb |OT9| A Peaceful Life In Satan City

With the Daily Challenge bug in the Switch version of Dead Cells fixed, I have completed the 5 Daily Challenges and unlocked the blueprint I was waiting for from that.

Ended up farming for an hour or so in DQXI and completely destroyed that tough boss ont he first try after that lol.... That game is SOOOO FUUUCKING GOOOOOD!!!!!

Now time for ACO

>Trying to download Horizon 4
>Pending
>Game hasn't started downloading

suffering
Yeah getting a bunch of errors but after a few retries it finally started the download.

Getting around 45-60fps with everything maxed out (which is what it defaulted to...)... I guess I'll play around with the settings a bit more tomorrow to try to get a stable 60.

Just finished watching Terrifier. Good time for a gore hound, but don’t go in expecting much of a story. Just a genuinely terrifying murderer and some well done gore scenes.

IIRC, when I downloaded State of Decay 2 the setting up files period took so long I thought it froze, but then it worked out. I think I even quit out and restarted it at one point, but hit the same thing.

Windows Store has actually been getting better, though. Their web store now lets you actually filter PC-compatible Game Pass games, a feature that had been mystifyingly absent back when State of Decay 2 released.

i have this weird urge to play assassin's creed odyssey even though i haven't liked an assassin's creed game for more than a decade and i really cannot afford to buy any full priced games right now

i... am going to ignore it. but i guess i'll watch the ql

i have this weird urge to play assassin's creed odyssey even though i haven't liked an assassin's creed game for more than a decade and i really cannot afford to buy any full priced games right now

i... am going to ignore it. but i guess i'll watch the ql
thats how I felt back when Black Flag came out

But then I played it, got my boat, and quit. I figure the feeling is the same for each one, where I wanna play it(Odyssey does look good) but it'll disappoint me.

also jintor please get an avatar your avatar-lessness scares me

thats how I felt back when Black Flag came out

But then I played it, got my boat, and quit. I figure the feeling is the same for each one, where I wanna play it(Odyssey does look good) but it'll disappoint me.

also jintor please get an avatar your avatar-lessness scares me
Yeah, I have the same story. I got Black Flag when it came out because idk pirates are cool I guess, but only played for about an hour after gettingt he boat and then went and found a youtube compilation of all the sea shanties and never played it again.

you ever make a post in a vaguely controversial thread, get a reply, and immediately think 'actually i don't care about this enough to debate this on the internet with randos'

you ever make a post in a vaguely controversial thread, get a reply, and immediately think 'actually i don't care about this enough to debate this on the internet with randos'
Yes, but then I lose good sense, double down for several posts, and get banned for a week, all because I can't just let it go.

Watching this AC: Odyssey QL.

Man these games are just the dullest, designed by committee bloatfests. Also this voice acting is just.. atrocious? It's so hammy and devoid of charisma.

My worry about Odyssey, as someone who loved Origins partly because of how seriously it took the process of recreating Ancient Egypt (and who found reading a book on Egyptian mythology, listening to Egyptian history podcasts, constantly pausing the game to research something, etc. basically an extension of the game experience): because Ancient Greece has been done more, because there are certain tropes that have just come to dominate how stories about Ancient Greece are told (to the point that the announcement trailer had a dumb 300 kick in it), and because this is a new team that might not happen to have the same priorities, Odyssey is going to be a step back in terms of attention to detail, authenticity, and focus on history.

(That might be the longest sentence I’ve ever written.)

And that would be such a shame. Origins really, really shined with the history side of things, probably far more than any of the other games, and that was very promising for the series. Plus, a game set in Ancient Greece being given that same treatment would just be fantastic.

We’ll see. I’ll just be disappointed if Odyssey doesn’t inspire me to go on a massive Ancient Greece binge. Or if it just feels like another one of those stories. Origins stood out. It both had an interactive museum quality and brought to life aspects of Egyptian history that are often underemphasized. It had a meaningful perspective.

Anyway, all that said, my prediction is that Odyssey will be a step back and I’ll get super into it anyway.

That is why I gave up on posting outside of community threads.

I had 18,000 posts on GAF over 8 years, but only 480~ on ERA since launch.