Introducing GiftBot! Want to run a giveaway on ResetEra? GiftBot is our gift to you!

Assuming that you have a giveaway that has a lot of things and everyone thinks its trash after the time runs out does it become a free for all to anyone that comes along after the fact or..?

This is AWESOME! Thanks guys for all your hard work :D

Edit: Since we're looking at adding bots, I do hope we can get a NaNoWriMo bot come November. Last year felt off without the leaderboards.

Cool feature, nice work. Deeeefinitely think that having entries limits per item in a giveaway rather than per entire giveaway is a must-have and hopefully is high on the priority list, though. It's also a bit unclear that is the restriction (particularly since that isn't how it worked on Other Sites(TM))

What happens if a user tries to enter for more than one prize in a single giveaway? Does it just register the first one on the list, or does it disqualify the user entirely? I might suggest having it do the former until multi-entry can be added.

A question about Giftbot: Does it repost a few times in the thread for a 24H raffle? I assume the raffle might get lost otherwise in a busy thread.

Can the giveaway creator see who won the giveaways?
And are there ways to limit entries? For example in the "Free to a good home" thread I've seen people mention that you can enter only if you haven't won a game from them in the last x days. I haven't used anything like that but would be nice to have as an option.

Awesome, well done.
Will Giftbot mark the usernames of winners in the future? The giveaway winners currently aren't listed in this giveaway from FREE to a good home:
Hello, I am a bot! I come bearing 3 gifts from Popstar!

This is a first come first serve giveaway. The first user with a valid entry will win the prize!

How to Participate:

To enter this giveaway click here to send a private message to me, GiftBot, with the subject line entry.

In the message body, copy and paste the entire line below for the prize you wish to win. You are allowed only 1 entry per giveaway.

Available Prizes:

Kiln prototype (Steam) -- GB-591783a5-9348-41e0-85c1-18024097af2a
Kiln prototype (Steam) -- GB-1f2bf2ce-43d8-4167-b91c-3e90aeb51c0a
Kiln prototype (Steam) -- GB-56c3dbe0-a0f8-4cd2-8ab9-13b4f7f1fd76

deltaplus

Administrator
I'm guessing multiple keys for a single gift is a thing that will come in a future update and isn't in for now, right?
You can do that now! On a single line just enter the name for the gift and the gift itself, consisting of all the keys you want to give away e.g.

Code:
NAME: What you'd like this to show as GIFT: KEY-1  KEY-2 KEY-3

If I wanted to give out Steam keys to an indie game I've developed and will release soon, would I be allowed to do so through this GiftBot? Or is that considered self promotion and not be ok?

Awesome, modbot giveaways were always one of my favorite community things and I was sad to see them go. Any chance of adding anonymous donations?

FYI I messed up formatting halfway through my message I put FIT: instead of GIFT: on one of the lines. Every entry below was ignored along with the line in question. Idk if that's a bug or intended?

As someone in the industry for a long time I have a lot of interesting "stuff" that would be fun for giveaways, however I'd like to link them to something like charity donations. Probably a hassle for you guys to automate but I wouldn't mind shipping gifts to mods to hold in escrow for something like that or whatever. Example stuff I have:

- near mint in box destiny 1 collector's edition with the ghost
- playstation 4 launch model with custom skin designed by sony for launch title partners
- lots of random activision / bungie / blizzard dev team hoodies, bags, hats, notebooks

As someone in the industry for a long time I have a lot of interesting "stuff" that would be fun for giveaways, however I'd like to link them to something like charity donations. Probably a hassle for you guys to automate but I wouldn't mind shipping gifts to mods to hold in escrow for something like that or whatever. Example stuff I have:

- playstation 4 launch model with custom skin designed by sony for launch title partners
- lots of random activision / bungie / blizzard dev team hoodies, bags, hats, notebooks

Those aren't bad giveaways at all. Hoodies are timeless bruh.

Ferny

FutureERA

You could include any text in the "GIFT" field. Just have them PM you and you can begin the shipping process with the winner.

If I have a gift in my Steam inventory, can I use GiftBot to give it away? I assume not, since there's no way to get a code out of steam. And GiftBot doesn't notify the giver of the winner right now.

Ferny

FutureERA
If I have a gift in my Steam inventory, can I use GiftBot to give it away? I assume not, since there's no way to get a code out of steam. And GiftBot doesn't notify the giver of the winner right now.
You can. Just have the user who won PM you and do the transfer after. The GIFT text can be anything. Just put something like GIFT: PMMEFORGIFTTRANSFER

When entering, do I add the whole "Subnautica -- GB-763ddefc-3f2b-4ab0-9d76-25fd59e70e29" or do I just enter the string "GB-763ddefc-3f2b-4ab0-9d76-25fd59e70e29" into the PM text body?