Kanye "YE" West raps as unbranded Perrier water bottle, delivers thought provoking pro-Trump rant

College Dropout, Late Registration, 808s, MBDTF and Yeezus existing makes the image factually incorrect.

Again, we can talk about how he has fallen off or the fact that he is an asshole without being delusional about his music.

Kanye being one of the most respected and influential artists of this generation is a fact.
Fact? Where? In the U.S.a? Maybe.

Why is the onus on everyone but this man? He has the money and access to receive treatment most people can only dream of. I am not going to have empathy for a person that demonizes and shits on me and my ancestors.
I'm not saying that removes Kanye's responsibility/agency for working a proper and supervised (at first) treatment program. That is why when you ATA from a facility and you are found out of sorts again you will almost be assuredly 5150 which has long, life lasting ramifications on your record if you live in California at least. Kanye needs to own his shit and take responsibility but if you think it is a light switch, especially since we don't know the degree of his varying diagnosis, you think money solves that. I hold his poeple responsible, I hold his family responsible. Definitely. More so than him, no, I think at the end of the day you have to want to get better and you have to seek help.

I worked at state-run facilities and high-end luxury facilities/rehabilitation centers. Money provides access but access while giving you initial advantages really means fuck all in terms of achieving manageable program/regimen. If you think money cures that kind of stuff tell that to certain patients of mine whose life was/is in ruins yet they have millions and millions of dollars.

I didn't write my thoughts to absolve him from blame, responsibility. If that's what you took out of it than some people misinterpreted my basic premise.

EDIT:

Why is the onus on everyone but this man? He has the money and access to receive treatment most people can only dream of. I am not going to have empathy for a person that demonizes and shits on me and my ancestors.
I don't think you understand what empathy is. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Make yours, first.
Calling him a genius is a plain insult to real geniuses. Talented? I'll give you that.
He's been the catalyst to an entire genre of music evolving twice over. TCD and 808s. Genius shit my guy.

I don't even need to bring up the work he's done in pushing athleisure fashion into the mainstream.

He's been the catalyst to an entire genre of music evolving twice over. TCD and 808s. Genius shit my guy.

I don't even need to bring up the work he's done in pushing athleisure fashion into the mainstream.
To bad now of that help him in being mentality sound, outside of music. As he Uncle Toms it on stage.

Question: If Kanye was institutionalized in the next six months for a serious mental breakdown and it was later found out that he was, has been, suffering from a SERIOUS mental malady/illness of some sort, has been for years, would people carry on with the same "Fuck him." "He's a piece of shit", "fuck off" comments?
I would change my tone. But let's be real, with all the resources Kanye has, we know this is unlikely to be the case. I very much doubt this avenue has not been explored by doctors who work on Kanye's health. And even if it were the case, he can obtain care for it that very few people can. And let's also narrow the kind of "malady" that actually makes being a MAGA-head possible. I would accept an explanation like, "he had a large tumor in his brain." I would not accept, "he has been really depressed lately."

Being a MAGA spouter isn't some exotic event -- millions of people go there in this country. Given his ego and his wealth -- isn't it far more likely that Kanye is simply a wealthy black conservative? Like Ben Carson, Herman Cain, or even Candice Owens or Stacey Dash or Condolezza Rice, etc. etc. Those are real people who exist.

Question: If Kanye was institutionalized in the next six months for a serious mental breakdown and it was later found out that he was, has been, suffering from a SERIOUS mental malady/illness of some sort, has been for years, would people carry on with the same "Fuck him." "He's a piece of shit", "fuck off" comments?
None sense, no one that has bi-polar or some type of illness turns to being a MAGA puppet or full-on Racist just because. He's fully aware of what he's doing and or it's been deep within him the whole time. As he bull shitted his activism.

Royalan

Buy Bionic. Please.
I'm not saying that removes Kanye's responsibility/agency for working a proper and supervised (at first) treatment program. That is why when you ATA from a facility and you are found out of sorts again you will almost be assuredly 5150 which has long, life lasting ramifications on your record if you live in California at least. Kanye needs to own his shit and take responsibility but if you think it is a light switch, especially since we don't know the degree of his varying diagnosis, you think money solves that. I hold his poeple responsible, I hold his family responsible. Definitely. More so than him, no, I think at the end of the day you have to want to get better and you have to seek help.

I worked at state-run facilities and high-end luxury facilities/rehabilitation centers. Money provides access but access while giving you initial advantages really means fuck all in terms of achieving manageable program/regimen. If you think money cures that kind of stuff tell that to certain patients of mine whose life was/is in ruins yet they have millions and millions of dollars.

I didn't write my thoughts to absolve him from blame, responsibility. If that's what you took out of it than some people misinterpreted my basic premise.

EDIT:

I think your premise would be more applicable here if people in this thread were making fun of Kanye because of his mental condition. As it is, people are criticizing the words and actions he continues to put out into the world. And I hesitate to attribute that to his admitted bi-polarism, considering there are a handful of black "truthers" who shoot off the same dumb shit he does with no mental condition to shift the blame to. Like Candace Owens.

EDIT:

I don't think you do. He doesnt deserve empathy for being a pos. He is responsible for his actions and wanting to absolve him of that even if you are saying your not.

None sense, no one that has bi-polar or some type of illness turns to being a MAGA puppet or full-on Racist just because. He's fully aware of what he's doing and or it's been deep within him the whole time. As he bull shitted his activism.
exactly

"Thank y'all for giving me this platform"

... You're on SNL, talking absolute bollocks, while wearing a MAGA hat. Genuinely the most cringeworthy thing I've seen him do, if not one of the most cringeworthy things I've ever seen.

Kanye’s continued Trump stanning is disappointing precisely *because* of how talented he is/was, and how influential his music and his personality are.

EDIT:

Money doesn’t cure problems, but it sure does help. Especially in the case of mental health where coverage by insurance is spotty, it often takes huge chunks of paid time off which for working class people is not easy to take or easily given by businesses plus family responsibilities. And that’s not even taking into account the stigma it can place on you as an employee that celebrities like Kanye don’t have to suffer under.

And what you wrote did try to absolve him of blame. You can have empathy for someone and still be critical of them. You have to be in many cases, especially in cases of mental health, drug abuse and alcoholism where a very large part of the healing process and ongoing maintenance is dependant on the person taking responsibility and accepting help and sticking to it.

My father died 10 years ago, my mom died 5 months ago, I’ve been diagnosed with major depressive disorder and social anxiety since I was a teen. After my mom died I didn’t put on a red hat, become a trump supporter, say slavery was a choice and spout bullshit like think with your heart instead of your brain. I went back to intensive therapy for a couple months. And I don’t even have millions of impressionable followers. And if I had done all that stupid shit I give people all the permission in the world to call my stupid ass out on it.

Because while you can empathize with someone like that, they’re behavior should be in no way encouraged, excused or taken lightly. If you don’t criticize them and let them know what they are doing is inexcusably wrong then you are just enabling them like the sycophants he surrounds himself with. Empathy is a vacuous empty thing if you don’t follow it up with some kind of appropriate action.

Money doesn’t cure problems, but it sure does help. Especially in the case of mental health where coverage by insurance is spotty, it often takes huge chunks of paid time off which for working class people is not easy to take or easily given by businesses plus family responsibilities. And that’s not even taking into account the stigma it can place on you as an employee that celebrities like Kanye don’t have to suffer under.

And what you wrote did try to absolve him of Blane. You can have empathy for someone and still be critical of them. You have to be in many cases, especially in cases of mental health, drug abuse and alcoholism where a very large part of the healing process and ongoing maintenance is dependant on the person taking responsibility and accepting help and sticking to it.

My father died 10 years ago, my mom died 5 months ago, I’ve been diagnosed with major depressive disorder and social anxiety since I was a teen. After my mom died I didn’t put on a red hat, become a trump supporter, say slavery was a choice and spout bullshit like think with your heart instead of your brain. I went back to intensive therapy for a couple months. And I don’t even have millions of impressionable followers. And if I had done all that stupid shit I give people all the permission in the world to call my stupid ass out on it.

Because while you can empathize with someone like that, they’re behavior should be in no way encouraged, excused or taken lightly. If you don’t criticize them and let them know what they are doing is inexcusably wrong then you are just enabling them like the sycophants he surrounds himself with. Empathy is a vacuous empty thing if you don’t follow it up with some kind of appropriate action.
Being critical of Kanye and saying "fuck off" "disappear" which, let's be real, is saying "don't exist" or "die" (which many people on this board do so like the keyboard cowboys/girls they are), are two different things. I feel, that fucking thinking is toxic. I am Bipolar and my life was unmanageable for a good long while. I never committed any crimes or pushed any fucked politics or ideologies but until I started seeing a psychiatrist and a therapist, took that work seriously (which started much time after I started seeing them), and started taking my meds with discipline and respect my life continued being unmanageable and I continued to not function correctly at all. I totally think Kanye is being irresponsible in terms of his program and only he can make the changes to correct this ship. I never said the onus wasn't on him as well.

It also takes real courage to denigrate people over and over again by propping up a disgusting vile human being actively working to hurt them all because people told you not to wear a hat. Kanye's a tool and you're a tool for thinking a man with mental health issues rambling on about shit he has no clue about is courageous. That's delusion, not courage.
So it's cool to start name calling people you disagree with now? Dude didn't even say he agreed with anything he said and is getting dogpiled. How is this supposed to foster any type of real discussion when any dissenting opinion is ridiculed relentlessly?

Being critical of Kanye and saying "fuck off" "disappear" which, let's be real, is saying "don't exist" or "die" (which many people on this board do so like the keyboard cowboys/girls they are), are two different things. I feel, that fucking thinking is toxic. I am Bipolar and my life was unmanageable for a good long while. I never committed any crimes or pushed any fucked politics or ideologies but until I started seeing a psychiatrist and a therapist, took that work seriously (which started much time after I started seeing them), and started taking my meds with discipline and respect my life continued being unmanageable and I continued to not function correctly at all. I totally think Kanye is being irresponsible in terms of his program and only he can make the changes to correct this ship. I never said the onus wasn't on him as well.
You nor I have millions of impressionable followers. Followers that see the shit he’s doing, and people like Trump that take advantage of what he’s saying and doing to further hurt even more people. And this is not an isolated case, it has been an ongoing thing for a couple years now. Something that you are connecting to mental health issues but is not even proven. For all you know Kanye may not even believe the shit he has been spouting or even likes Trump but is taking advantage of the controversy.

So you can say you are not trying to make excuses for him or absolve him till you are blue in the face but that’s EXACTLY what you are doing. If he would have stayed getting help a year ago and changed that’s one entirely different thing. When he is causing this much ongoing harm and influencing millions of young impressionable people in a very harmful way then yes, he needs to fuck off for there sakes. Where is your empathy for those people? Because saying don’t tell Kanye to fuck off because you hypothetically think it’s because of mental issues does nothing for those people. They need to know to stop listening to him.

I feel very comfortable in saying that manic episodes never inspired someone to commit whole-hog to shitty belief systems.
Yea and that’s why I’m calling bullshit on some of these armchair psychologists. Manic episodes can vary in length but sustained for two years and going as a Trump supporter is some real reaching shit.

So 1. Your bias by default 2. Don't understand the different scales you are to him. 3. Don't seem to fully comprehend. That he has influence, you don't and that's the problem, when trying to be in his shoes.

he's not really saying a whole lot, just that he should be allowed to do whatever he wants and that if people tell him not to that he's being bullied. I guess that sounds like a maga conservative to me at its basest of levels.

Being critical of Kanye and saying "fuck off" "disappear" which, let's be real, is saying "don't exist" or "die" (which many people on this board do so like the keyboard cowboys/girls they are), are two different things.
Gtfo with this bullshit.

When people say dissappear they mean get out of the public eye and stop spreading your bullshit to the world and your millions of impressionable fans.

To try and say people here actually mean he should go die is not only ridiculous but completely disingenuous and just makes you look like your using the typical far right tactic of accusing your critics of saying something they aren't.

Look at the kav. Hearing where he accused someone of insulting and making fun of his friends alcoholism when they did no such thing. It's just a distraction tactic that makes you either look stupid or a liar.

Make yours, first.
Calling him a genius is a plain insult to real geniuses. Talented? I'll give you that.
I never said he was a genius. You agreed with a image saying he was "never good". I said if you think that state why, then for some reason you brought up "genius" when no one said anything about that, just about him being influential and respected for his skills in the music industry. Anyways, I'm glad you admitted you were wrong.

Gtfo with this bullshit.

When people say dissappear they mean get out of the public eye and stop spreading your bullshit to the world and your millions of impressionable fans.

To try and say people here actually mean he should go die is not only ridiculous but completely disingenuous and just makes you look like your using the typical far right tactic of accusing your critics of saying something they aren't.

Look at the kav. Hearing where he accused someone of insulting and making fun of his friends alcoholism when they did no such thing. It's just a distraction tactic that makes you either look stupid or a liar.
To be fair there was a dude in the other thread hoping Kanye dies

One person, who I hope got a warning for that, also doesn't represent everyone here.
I also hope all the alt-right youtubers that millions of children across the country obsess over are also struck down by a merciful act of God. I'm done with evil, rich assholes spreading hateful propaganda and indoctrinating the youth.