Most Epic Moment in Dragon Ball(entire franchise) history

Man watching those old Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z clips just remind me how much better looking that show was compared to the recent ones. So good.

Also the most epic moment is goku vs tenshinhan where he loses the tournament cause he got hit by a car but I can't find a clip of it.

It probably played differently in the anime but I was reading the manga (well, the tankoubans with my limited Japanese) at the time which was naturally ahead of the anime. I still remember when Goku wasn't back, and Trunks showed up out of nowhere and became a Super Saiyajin to take care of Frieza and King Cold, then revealed his parentage.

I just watched that part with my kids since we're going through Kai, and that was the first time they saw it. My son was super worried that Frieza and his dad were going to wipe out the Earth.

It's probably the Goku vs 100% Power Frieza fight for me. Specifically from when Frieza gets chopped in half, spared, then just obliterated by the kamehameha because Goku had finally had enough.

I think it's amusing how you can point to basically every character in Z having at least one epic moment during the shows run(even Chiaotzu and Yajirobe), while Yamcha has nothing, and subsequently turns into a complete bitch post Frieza. Toriyama really did him dirty.

I think it's amusing how you can point to basically every character is Z having at least one epic moment during the shows run(even Chiaotzu and Yajirobe), while Yamcha has nothing, and subsequently turns into a complete bitch post Frieza. Toriyama really did him dirty.
Yamcha actually got the very first cool moment in the series by being the first person to defeat Goku in battle

The 80s cops theme and how it flows with the scene is the best.

Watching that without any knowledge must have been of the most incredible WTF moments for the ones that watched it first time, I was already spoiled so while cool it lacked the feeling it was supposed to have

for me it goes like this

#1: Goku vs Vegeta (especially the part when Goku went over the Kaioken limit and started gaining on Vegeta up to the Beam clash. i was so hyped at the time)

honorable mentions:
Goku vs King Piccolo
Goku Vs Piccolo Jr (23rd Tenkaichi)
Goku Vs Tenshinhan (22nd Tenkaichi)
Goku wrecks the Ginyu force
Goku goes SSJ
Gohan wrecking Cell after going SSJ2
Tenshinhan holds back Cell with Kikoho
Piccolo vs 17

seeing the original DB first helped a lot but also weakened some Z moments since the OG was so good (for example, once the crap pacing kicked in with Freeza, most moments lost impact due tot he slowness and only parts of them were epic opposed to whole fights)

Tis catapulted itself to the top 3 moments in all of DB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTqYiuwzICg

This scene made me start watching Super. No last minute power-ups, no "my power is greater than yours." Just a completely exhausted Goku and Freeza (and 17) teaming up and using every last bit of willpower they have to save their universe.

Geez, I had never seen this scene with the moment at the beginning. The orchestra version of the OP playing before it stops and goes full blast into Ka Ka Kachidaze when Jiren and Goku/Freeza yell...that's the kind of shit I live for. It really does belong with the best parts of Z.

Last edited:
There's so many.

Absolute favorite has to be Gohan killing Cell.

Honorable mentions
Goku turns SSJ
Vegeta final flash against Cell
Trunks showing up and destroying Freiza

It will always be this. I watched DBZ in Japanese first, so I prefer the Japanese score but everything here is magical. The moment Cell realizes what happened, everyone stops fighting to look over to Gohan, his tears going up his face from the power surge and the dropping of his head is just perfect.

“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”

I'd say the answer is Dragon Ball Z Abridged's take on Gohan going SSJ2.

Even putting the comedic parts aside, they paced this sequence perfectly and captured the emotional payoff of Gohan finally peaking after years of buildup and character development.

Vegeta's Final Flash against Perfect Cell is still an incredibly epic scene.

Also, Goku going SSJ3 in Fusion Reborn is probably my favorite transformation. I like how powerful it was in the movies compared to the manga & anime.

Gohan going SS2 for the first time.

It's not bombastic, not at first. It's not a "fuck yeah" moment. It's sad, it hurts but it is awesome. The music builds perfectly with Unmei no Hi playing. Probably the best insert song placement in anime history, imo.

Couldn't find a non-cropped, non-blown out version on YouTube...
Yes I know it’s not canon anymore since super took it out but this was the best moment of Dragon Ball Battle of Gods by far.
nothing's canon

In canon, probably Goku turning super Saiyan, but the Kamehameha vs. Galick Gun scene is fucking awesome too.

In non-canon thou...

Shit gives me goosebumps

When Goku went super saiyan.

They had hyped it up ever since namek started but it was also the immediate aftermath. Frieza always was 20 steps ahead. He was truly built up to be unbeatable. He was kicking the shit out of Goku barely trying. There was no way out and gonna be no second chance like against piccolo. When the spirit bomb failed I was legit terrified. Then I didn’t even know what had happened at first. Then finally when frieza realized it I did. Holy crap was it satisfying