Most Epic Moment in Dragon Ball(entire franchise) history

It’s a smaller one but in Super when Jiren is dominating and then Vegeta dodges his attacks outta nowhere and shocks everyone. Like everything involving Vegeta in DBS, it goes nowhere. But it was an epic as hell moment. I can’t find the gif I made of it though.

Also when Goku goes UI and waves away Jiren’s attack. It was also fun to edit gifs of.

Bonus: anything involving Toppo’s moustache.

Last edited:
"Move well! Learn well! Play well, eat well, and rest well! Enjoy your lives merrily and to the fullest! The Kame Style is with you!"

Pretty much every Roshi scene in the tournament of power is hype as hell.

The big one from DBZ though is Gohan going SSJ2 at the World Tournament.

I’m disgusted at the mere suggestion Super or the movies preceding it have any place amongst Dragon Ball’s best moments. Dragon Ball Super is trash.

Also, it’s clearly Kid Goku killing King Piccolo, Goku’s Kamehameha versus Vegeta’s Galick Gun, Goku turning Super Saiyan for the first time, Gohan turning SSJ2 or the arrival of SSJ3 Goku, “Mystic Gohan” or Vegito.

Any one of these is a reasonable pick.

Last edited:
So many! I’ll choose 1 from each series:

Original dragon ball: the whole of the very first tournament, quite frankly but if I have to narrow it down then Krillin versus the smelly guy was the moment as a kid in France in the 80s that I realised Dragon Ball was going to be something special.

Dragon ball Z: best serious moment: trunks effortlessly killing Frieza and his dad.
Best lighthearted moment is Hercule realising he’s in way over his head during the cell games

Dragon ball Super: “That’s my Bulma!”. Epic rage from Vegeta and first realisation of how much he loves his wife.

MistaTwo

SNK Gaming Division Studio 1
Verified
One of my favorites is now Future Trunks taking out Fused Zamasu and basically anything with SSJ Ikari.
His fight against Black and Zamasu earlier (when he blows up their love cabin) was also amazing.

I know that SSJ Ikari and Super Spirit Bomb Sword is a complete asspull, but in a series full of asspulls
it's nice for someone else to get the actual spotlight and not Goku.

I’m disgusted at the mere suggestion Super or the movies preceding it have any place amongst Dragon Ball’s best moments. Dragon Ball Super is trash.
Based on the enthusiasm in this thread, I would say some moments of Super are absolutely deserving of praises.

But then again, I don't understand shitting on what other people are enjoying, so what do I know.

Your picks in DB and DBZ are pretty great too!

Based on the enthusiasm in this thread, I would say some moments of Super are absolutely deserving of praises.

But then again, I don't understand shitting on what other people are enjoying, so what do I know.

Your picks in DB and DBZ are pretty great too!
Recency bias. People have forgotten what good DB looks like.

I know my picks are great because they’re iconic, timeless moments in the franchise’s history that are so deeply ingrained in the conscious that they can be used almost as a timeline in one’s memory. Everybody remembers the where and when the first time they saw these moments transpire.

Super is the most cynical, hackish, unimaginative artificial extension of a franchise ever. It is deserving of every bit of cynicism I have for it and Toriyama in return.

Nobody's arguing DB wasn't great, though.

You're the only one shitting on what other people enjoy.
As far as I can tell, it's an appreciation thread. There's no need to be rude, people should be able to share freely their favorite moments without having to worry about jerks telling them they have bad tastes.

Haven't watched OG Dragon Ball, so I can't attest to anything from it.

DBZ is probably a tie between Goku going SSJ and Gohan going SSJ2. Love those rage moments. I'm firmly in the camp that DBZ could have ended after either or those arcs and would have been much better as a result.

In DBS, Vegeta dicking on Toppo was more impressive to me than anything Goku did.

Haven't watched OG Dragon Ball, so I can't attest to anything from it.

DBZ is probably a tie between Goku going SSJ and Gohan going SSJ2. Love those rage moments. I'm firmly in the camp that DBZ could have ended after either or those arcs and would have been much better as a result.

In DBS, Vegeta dicking on Toppo was more impressive to me than anything Goku did.
Have to say that the SS3 Goku in the majin buu ark was worth it. Very underrated design imo

The culmination of years of character development arriving after the most prideful character in the series finally gains a moment of clarity after hitting his absolutely lowest point. The prince of all saiyans has finally found peace and a purpose and starts living for other people, all knowing he's about to give everything for them all.

Fuck. Yes.

I know my picks are great because they’re iconic, timeless moments in the franchise’s history that are so deeply ingrained in the conscious that they can be used almost as a timeline in one’s memory. Everybody remembers the where and when the first time they saw these moments transpire.

Super is the most cynical, hackish, unimaginative artificial extension of a franchise ever. It is deserving of every bit of cynicism I have for it and Toriyama in return.
Wow you really do love the sound of your own shit don't you.

For me it was Vegeta's sacrifice against Majin Buu.
Especially the part where he hugs Trunks.

Man this scene always gets me...
Vegeta is by far the best character in the DB series

Goku SSJ.
Gohan hitting SSJ 2 and killing Cell.
Goku Mastered Ultra Instinct and beating Jiren with Frieza.
Vegeta beating Toppo.

That last arc of Super was legit great.