Most Epic Moment in Dragon Ball(entire franchise) history

Yes.
That entire fight (and tournament) was Goku at his best. He actually had a very clever strategy all along and it was a great call-back to his earlier fight with King Piccolo.

Runner-up:

That song was so dope and the lyrics are a hilarious recap of the entire tournament.
Was going to post something but the correct answers have already been covered. Might seem a bit weird now but i remember losing my shit when Goku and Piccolo team up for the first time to fight Raditz. It's one moment that i don't think gets enough love, considering what a big deal it was back then.

I don't know if this is the most epic moment overall (I'd give that to Gohan's SSJ2 transformation, it works so well in every sub and dub version because the moment just hits all the right notes regardless of language.)

But I absolutely love when Vegeta beats up Goku Black in Super. It got 26 year old me to jump off from my couch, clap, and cheer. It felt so epic and uplifting.

Man watching Goku achieve Ultra Instinct (Kushida's lyrics...so epic) for the first time was so hype. Like was legit jumping and screaming. Only thing that might surpass it was the first Super Saiyan transformation.

Then continue to be disgusted. Super delivered some truly amazing moments, especially the final arc.
I’ve been continuously disappointed since BoTG.

I don’t expect that to change any time soon.

Actually Super is really good
It’s a cynical, creatively bankrupt cash grab.

It. Is. Trash.

And deserving of little more than my derision and utter contempt for that hack Toriyama.

It. Is. Trash.

And deserving of little more than my derision and utter contempt for that hack Toriyama.

But what about it is cynical and creatively bankrupt?

I’m disgusted at the mere suggestion Super or the movies preceding it have any place amongst Dragon Ball’s best moments. Dragon Ball Super is trash.

Also, it’s clearly Kid Goku killing King Piccolo, Goku’s Kamehameha versus Vegeta’s Galick Gun, Goku turning Super Saiyan for the first time, Gohan turning SSJ2 or the arrival of SSJ3 Goku, “Mystic Gohan” or Vegito.

Any one of these is a reasonable pick.
Recency bias. People have forgotten what good DB looks like.

I know my picks are great because they’re iconic, timeless moments in the franchise’s history that are so deeply ingrained in the conscious that they can be used almost as a timeline in one’s memory. Everybody remembers the where and when the first time they saw these moments transpire.

Super is the most cynical, hackish, unimaginative artificial extension of a franchise ever. It is deserving of every bit of cynicism I have for it and Toriyama in return.
Yeah you could just get over yourself bud.

"hOw DAre yOU LiKe wHaT I dOn'T"

On Topic: When Goku straight up Kemehameha Kefla in the face was freaking hype.

It. Is. Trash.

It's OK to have garbage opinions, don't worry.

On topic, pretty much every moment that uses Vegeta's SSJ theme music, that track creates hype just by itself.

On topic, pretty much every moment that uses Vegeta's SSJ theme music, that track creates hype just by itself.

Came to post this. When vegeta went super saiyan, aling with his theme and the thought of nobody else being able to defeat the androids, vegeta steps up

‘ Tell me, do androids experience fear ? ‘

As someone who's jaded on DBZ, that Ultra Instinct Kamehameha made me feel like a kid again.

It. Is. Trash.

There's nothing wrong with this opinion. Unless you're a Vegeta fan. Then you gotta turn your card in. The last arc does right by Vegeta in a way Toriyama never did.

That'd be my second answer. All the Vegeta stuff during the Tournament of Power is so hype.

Last edited:
But what about it is cynical and creatively bankrupt?
How much time you got?

The short version is that it’s Dragon Ball’s Greatest Hits designed to mimic and replicate with little innovation or emotional stake. Everything Toriyama has done with Super has felt like a blatantly desperate and lazy attempt to remain relevant over being creative. I don’t respect it.

Yeah you could just get over yourself bud.

"hOw DAre yOU LiKe wHaT I dOn'T"
You could also have some standards, but no judgment.

Clearly, you’re very adept at sharing them.

There's nothing wrong with this opinion. Unless you're a Vegeta fan. Then you gotta turn your card in. The last arc does right by Vegeta in a way Toriyama never did.

That'd be my second answer. All the Vegeta stuff during the Tournament of Power is so hype.
I liked Vegeta’s arc.

I am not a Vegeta fan, and Toriyama insisting on a rivalry Goku grew out of by DBZ’s end is emblematic of what I hate about Super.

Recency bias. People have forgotten what good DB looks like.

I know my picks are great because they’re iconic, timeless moments in the franchise’s history that are so deeply ingrained in the conscious that they can be used almost as a timeline in one’s memory. Everybody remembers the where and when the first time they saw these moments transpire.

Super is the most cynical, hackish, unimaginative artificial extension of a franchise ever. It is deserving of every bit of cynicism I have for it and Toriyama in return.
Some would say the same of the cell or buu arc...