My Hero Academia|General OT|Carrying on a new Eri (Manga spoilers)

Best Boy?

• Total voters
I would say that they've all been consistently decent.
We are due a villain arc soon, I really hope Bakugo is in there somewhere mixing it up, and that Hawks gets some more screen time

The Hawks stuff and Todoroki drama just do it for me. The Eri subplot as well, I’m glad it looks like she’ll continue to be in the background

We are due a villain arc soon, I really hope Bakugo is in there somewhere mixing it up, and that Hawks gets some more screen time

The Hawks stuff and Todoroki drama just do it for me. The Eri subplot as well, I’m glad it looks like she’ll continue to be in the background
Having the Cultural Festival arc in my mind will make Eri a lot more pleasurable to watch for next season during the Yakuza arc, so that's neat.

I would like a villain arc that is less about brute force and more about smart use of the quirks to solve the situation
The closest we had of that was Kendo and Tetsutetsu vs the gas kid

Yakuza arc was my favorite and really surprised so many people disliked it
That doesn't surprise me. Yakuza arc has some of the highest highs in the series, but also some problems (which a few of them weren't really Horikoshi's fault, so I can forgive them). So it makes sense some people might think it would be the best arc in the series, and some disliking it.

I really hope the scene where the League gets their revenge on Overhaul is done well.

Particularly the part where Shigaraki is standing above Overhaul gloating about stealing his life's work.

I really hope the scene where the League gets their revenge on Overhaul is done well.

Particularly the part where Shigaraki is standing above Overhaul gloating about stealing his life's work.
As someone that is always talking about how I can't take Shiggy, and how I more or less hate Overhaul, that chapter was a blessing and a good way to end the arc.

Goddamnit
bunkitz, Lotus likes the damn joke too alright?!
Lmao, anyone else?
I really hate that I'm still seeing that dumbass Bakugo/Kirishima time traveler and getting OFA theory. It's such a level of stupidity that I can't believe that any one entertains the idea. If you have to completely redesign a character to even make it remotely possible maybe your idea was flawed.
You could maybe... I don't know, ignore it and let people have their fun?
You say that, but time travel and superheroes go hand in hand. :P
Pirates now too, apparently.
Apparently the exam for the people taking practical courses like Bakugo and Todoroki is individual. What if it’s straight up Hunter Exam style where it comes at them at a random moment and they don’t even know? That could be pretty cool.
Oh, that would be interesting! Would be pretty unfair, but at the same time, a little fitting given how random and spontaneous villain attacks can be.
Well I forgot to say this the other day but on the wiki I found out Rappa's name is "Kendo" lol. Though it's it's first name, not last name like the student "Itsuka Kendo".
They're both among my favorites so I'll take the smallest link I can get lol.
Oh? That's interesting. HMM. Nah, probably nothing. Would be fun, but I'd rather they not be related.

LIKE FATHER, LIKE DAUGHTER
Damn, nice catch!

She'll lose too, just like Rappa, huh?
BTW I'm up to chapter 186 atm, starting this Endeavor arc. hopefully it's hype.
It's definitely one of my favorite arcs in the entire series. Hope you enjoy it!
I think Mirio will be back in the story soon. They have to address the elephant in the room: Will Mirio be able to graduate UA in his current state? It will be sad as fuck if he's left behind while Tamaki and Nejiri become fully fledged sidekicks/heroes.
Fuck, that'd be hella sad. Unfair too! But... I guess he can't participate in whatever final exams they have. I think keeping him quirkless would create a more interesting situation so I doubt he'll have it back anytime soon.
Right, should use a musical reference, Jiro's focus was...

Off-Key.
Heh, nice.

re: the Rappa / Kendou theories

Kendou is Itsuka Kendou's last name 拳藤・一佳
and for Rappa Kendou, it's his first name 乱波・肩動

So maybe foreshadowing but kinda not really, cause it's not shared family name.

Also Horikoshi loveeessss using Jouyou Kanji when he names characters, instead of Jinmeiyou which is the typical alphabet used for Japanese names.
It gives birth to lots of wordplay that is paired with their quirks kind of loosely.

For Kendou, the Ken in her name typically means 'fist' in Japanese, and we all know her hands get really big.
For Rappa, you could loosely interpret his first name of Kendou as 'shoulder movement' 肩 (shoulder) 動 (action). And we all know he punches really hard and the movement is generated through your shoulder..

You could break down everybody's name in the same way. It could be the reason why these two characters are named the way they are; cause he really wanted to go for this word play.

Kinda cool and something I thought I'd share.

Also Horikoshi loveeessss using Jouyou Kanji when he names characters, instead of Jinmeiyou which is the typical alphabet used for Japanese names.
It gives birth to lots of wordplay that is paired with their quirks kind of loosely.

For Kendou, the Ken in her name typically means 'fist' in Japanese, and we all know her hands get really big.
For Rappa, you could loosely interpret his first name of Kendou as 'shoulder movement' 肩 (shoulder) 動 (action). And we all know he punches really hard and the movement is generated through your shoulder..

You could break down everybody's name in the same way. It could be the reason why these two characters are named the way they are; cause he really wanted to go for this word play.

Japanese is such a cool language

I like the yakuza arc a lot before it gets to the raid.

The raid really suffers from panelling and insufficient clarity issues which will hopefully be corrected this time around

I really hope season 4 doesn't start with a recap. Then again, it might be the last time we'll see the whole class for at least one cour, lol.
If they do so, it will come at the cost of fucking up the entirety of the season.

I just read chapter 125 and 126 against last night. Honestly, they do a pretty good job at establishing the basics.

.AM is no longer working
.AfO is locked up
.Shiggy is working to be next underworld leader
.Deku is trying to get stronger after his loss to Bakugo

the theme of "the successor" is established.

She'll lose too, just like Rappa, huh?
Yo cease this!

This is very cool.

I really hope season 4 doesn't start with a recap. Then again, it might be the last time we'll see the whole class for at least one cour, lol.
It’s a show for children/teens that airs in a children’s time slot, no way it doesn’t have a recap after being out of people’s memories for a year plus.

I mean, we still can’t move pass the “reintroduce every character every episode” phase.

If they do so, it will come at the cost of fucking up the entirety of the season.

I just read chapter 125 and 126 against last night. Honestly, they do a pretty good job at establishing the basics.

.AM is no longer working
.AfO is locked up
.Shiggy is working to be next underworld leader
.Deku is trying to get stronger after his loss to Bakugo

the theme of "the successor" is established.
Good point about those chapters. Hope they'll stick to that then. Don't wanna waste an entire episode that could be used to get the Yakuza arc over with faster.
It’s a show for children/teens that airs in a children’s time slot, no way it doesn’t have a recap after being out of people’s memories for a year plus.

I mean, we still can’t move pass the “reintroduce every character every episode” phase.
Don't say that! They'll hear you...

I don't think season 2 had one, though? At least not an entire episode. Yeah, I think they had a special episode zero instead.

Horikoshi's author comment this week:
"My pages...So sorry. I'll work hard to increase the pace."

It always bums me out when authors have to address page count or art quality or breaks in the author comments. Feel bad for them and the workload.
With the page count situation specifically, I'd take unfinished art over short chapters since the art eventually gets finished for the volumes.

Wait is calling your name when giving self pep talks weird?
I always do that
I feel like Kirishima took Iida’s spot in the big 5...he hasn’t done pretty much anything major since Stain. Feels bad man
Recency bias, Kirishima big arc is more recent than Iida's, but even in the current arc he didn't do much being overshadowed by Tsuyu and even Kaminari
I am a kirishima fan but expecting him to be a main character is asking yourself to be disappointed

I feel like Kirishima took Iida’s spot in the big 5...he hasn’t done pretty much anything major since Stain. Feels bad man
I think in the grand scheme of things, Kirishima is at the same level as Iida but not above him. Iida right now can feel like he’s important on paper (because of covers, promos, etc.) but not in practice but that’s cause his big arc was a while ago and shorter than Kirishima’s big arc. But look at everything besides Stain/Yakuza and Iida/Kirishima seem basically on the same level as above most but below Bakugo for example. Both are featured far into the tournament, both don’t do anything in the school trip but both are in the Bakugo rescue. Beyond those, it’s just school shenanigans with everyone.

But that’s only when looking at the whole thing. Recency matters and Kirishima wins out on that front. Which I guess I don’t mind too much, one’s way more interesting than the other and until it’s time to fight Spinner, I really can’t think of much I’d care about when it comes to Iida’s “proper heroics” thing since the part about using that lesson to help your friends was already covered in the Bakugo rescue.

Recency bias, Kirishima big arc is more recent than Iida's, but even in the current arc he didn't do much being overshadowed by Tsuyu and even Kaminari
I am a kirishima fan but expecting him to be a main character is asking yourself to be disappointed
I dont think that matters tbh. Todoroki and Bakugo had important moments as well and continue to get focus.

From the students, even within that group of five, I only really consider Deku, Bakugo, and Todoroki to be main characters btw.

I think in the grand scheme of things, Kirishima is at the same level as Iida but not above him. Iida right now can feel like he’s important on paper (because of covers, promos, etc.) but not in practice but that’s cause his big arc was a while ago and shorter than Kirishima’s big arc. But look at everything besides Stain/Yakuza and Iida/Kirishima seem basically on the same level as above most but below Bakugo for example. Both are featured far into the tournament, both don’t do anything in the school trip but both are in the Bakugo rescue. Beyond those, it’s just school shenanigans with everyone.

But that’s only when looking at the whole thing. Recency matters and Kirishima wins out on that front. Which I guess I don’t mind too much, one’s way more interesting than the other and until it’s time to fight Spinner, I really can’t think of much I’d care about when it comes to Iida’s “proper heroics” thing since the part about using that lesson to help your friends was already covered in the Bakugo rescue.
Overall they might have around the same level of focus, but like you said right now I’d give the edge to Kirishima.

Kirishima got a potential nemesis(gigantomachia) a fully fleshed backstory, and an added connection to Mina.

I’m happy with all of this btw, Kirishima is my 2nd favorite among 1-A. But my point was really more about Iida. I want him to get more focus lol

congrats to 200 horikoshi, if only barrage could have made it this far.

-

YaoMomo with the cape is good, should be a permanent fixture, significantly brings her design closer to being alright.

Komori has one of my fav character personalities in jpn media. Good.

Anyway best panel. Yosetsu Awase needs even more focus.

Manga-kun is alright, wish his quirk had been something different and less obvious for what it'd be utilized for. Oh well.

Sub: "..... not nice enough to go along with your stress relieving fight"

Dub: "not nice enough to let him pummel me just to relieve a little stress"

This is me cherry picking but it stuck out to me when I watched the first for the first time because it sounded awkward

I'm just glad that the dub seems to have an actual translator (mean) or at least the dub script made it more natural and ties to the sandbag thing