My Hero Academia|General OT|Carrying on a new Eri (Manga spoilers)

Best Boy?

• Total voters
Someone has to be Bleach in that equation lol

Yeah, if I just look at Iida on his own, I want more and would be happy with more from him cause I really like him.
Agreed

Manga-kun is alright, wish his quirk had been something different and less obvious for what it'd be utilized for. Oh well.
Want to see more from Manga myself, hoping there’s still some cool applications to his quirk we don’t know yet

Sub: "..... not nice enough to go along with your stress relieving fight"

Dub: "not nice enough to let him pummel me just to relieve a little stress"

This is me cherry picking but it stuck out to me when I watched the first for the first time because it sounded awkward

I'm just glad that the dub seems to have an actual translator (mean) or at least the dub script made it more natural and ties to the sandbag thing
Honestly I often find that Funimation's script writers make the writing better or more appropriate in their various shows where I've seen both sub/dub. Weird but for me there are advantages to watching the Funi dub even beyond "oh they speak English here".

One example is what we talked about during the anime school trip arc and how they changed Tiger's dialogue about Pixie-Bob.

Deku is going to be the number one something bleach never achieved
Bleach is no one really
Tho Bakugo and Naruto is spot on
Honestly I often find that Funimation's script writers make the writing better or more appropriate in their various shows where I've seen both sub/dub. Weird but for me there are advantages to watching the Funi dub even beyond "oh they speak English here".

One example is what we talked about during the anime school trip arc and how they changed Tiger's dialogue about Pixie-Bob.
That is because I the script for the subbed version is made first , tho I cant say that was true for when the dubbed version was day and date

Also sub deku you're going along with his "stress relieving fight" and don't go to the super thread lol

But yeah while I like the acting of sub Bakugo more the translation was better

It's definitely because Funimation has actual script writers and are writing for English speakers in mind (plus you can hear people say lines outloud so you realize how dumb some lines are) so they make effort to sound good and clear

Somewhat related but we had a similar discussion with HxH manga while the manga is half book where fan translators made it worse while professionals on viz makes it alot clearer in fewer words

That is because I the script for the subbed version is made first , tho I cant say that was true for when the dubbed version was day and date
When the dub was day and date, I'd guess scripts were coming at the same time or for the dub first, since the dub needs more time. But for current episodes, yeah timing probably plays into it because CR's translators may have to rush whereas the Funi crew don't have to do to the same extent (I imagine it's still pretty hectic).

Also I think the Funi crew uses the manga volumes for their work on MHA and maybe other series cause I remember seeing that in one of their behind-the-scenes videos. Though the CR people probably do that too.
(plus you can hear people say lines outloud so you realize how dumb some lines are)
That's probably a big part lol.

Yooo so I just had a crazy thought. What if when Bleach went spoiled it cursed The Big Three, and now we can only ever have The Big Two? Like how Voldemort cursed the position of Defense Against the Dark Arts Teacher.

The only way to break the curse is for a manga so awesome, so beloved, to appear and force its will, breaking the curse and restoring the good name of The Big Three

Yooo so I just had a crazy thought. What if when Bleach went spoiled it cursed The Big Three, and now we can only ever have The Big Two? Like how Voldemort cursed the position of Defense Against the Dark Arts Teacher.

The only way to break the curse is for a manga so awesome, so beloved, to appear and force its will, breaking the curse and restoring the good name of The Big Three
The DC trinity still exists but the movies except WW are shit soooooooo

Bleach was spoiled?

Watch out for the plot twist of the Big Three not including one of them and having Momo in their place, heh.

Poodlestrike

Community Resettler
On the Yakuza arc thing, it definitely had some problems, but like I keep saying, I think they're mostly the kind that can easily be fixed in an adaptation. Weird fight paneling, some shaky art, and over-focus on one group of characters - we get a couple episodes of filler every season, the girls' fight with the big fucker would be perfect for that. I'm hyped.

Agreed that in the manga the Festival and Pro Hero arcs are way better, though.

• Starts of with tons of potential
  • Slowly starts going nowhere/in circles with progression
  • Ends up being a disappointment when compared to the others
It checks out. :P
You must be talking about another character because Deku is the character with most progression in the series
Watch out for the plot twist of the Big Three not including one of them and having Momo in their place, heh.
I can definitely see Tokoyami or Momo being above one of the guys without license

I think they mean "spoiled" as in like food/milk. The series just went rotten/bad after a while.
Ah, gotcha.
Oh hey, Orange! It's a ship I rarely see but I like it a fair bit.
I can definitely see Tokoyami or Momo being above one of the guys without license
Oh yeah, Tokoyami has the potential for that. We just need to see more of him being more strategic and taking a more commanding role. I say we need to see him and not say he has to be like that since he might already? We just might not have seen it yet. He's pretty smart so far anyway, in terms of battles at least.

iida's quirk being leg only means that he's kinda like flash without any of the ability to just generally move fast which, as it turns out, is sorta lame
Yeah... Plus, Deku using Shoot Style and being able to move fast with Full Cowl kinda makes his work redundant now. He's still faster than Deku, of course, but only for now.

deku, baku = dps
ocha, momo = support
iida = tank

probably too hard to split them into archetypes tbh. The mirio fight does make it clear that they have self-selected into long range vs short range (ocha is short range funnily enough, which is probably in recognition that she does have the ability to incap someone with a hand touch, even though she hasn't actually yet done it in a fight I think?)

deku, baku = dps
ocha, momo = support
iida = tank

probably too hard to split them into archetypes tbh. The mirio fight does make it clear that they have self-selected into long range vs short range (ocha is short range funnily enough, which is probably in recognition that she does have the ability to incap someone with a hand touch, even though she hasn't actually yet done it in a fight I think?)
Kurogiri in USJ
He uses armor

We done here, ladies and gents. The meme has peaked.
It says it is mostly decorative, it still is offers more protection than most costumes
Didn't it say it was hella light? I assumed it has low defense stats.
i guess he'd be closer to a rogue/swordmaster crit hit or something ecept he doesn't fuckin do anything except reciproburst every time
That sounds like a better fit for me, especially the critical strikes specifically due to Recipro Burst, lol.

Compress is so cool he wears different masks for different occasions.

If we get to see the LoV again soon, one question I want answered is how Shigaraki feels about Kurogiri being locked up. Does he give a shit at all?

Also, how the fuck did Dabi teleport away with the AfO warp quirk.

That's a pretty cool detail I never noticed. Compress is just cool in general. I love his design.

Hopefully he at least gets a nice chapter like Twice did.

Silfer Do you buy your digital manga from Viz?

caliph95 Have you bought digital manga from Comixology before? (I'm assuming you read comics via Comixology) If so, how is it? Functions perfectly fine and has the same zoom into panel function?

Compress is so cool he wears different masks for different occasions.

If we get to see the LoV again soon, one question I want answered is how Shigaraki feels about Kurogiri being locked up. Does he give a shit at all?

Also, how the fuck did Dabi teleport away with the AfO warp quirk.
I love his masks. My favorite is his first, but I also really like the one on the top-left.

Hope we get some League stuff after the current arc, hopefully shedding light on whatshername who teleported Dabi out and other potential new members.

I feel like the chest thing has to do more with differenr art styles then a concious effort to upsize her. Remember her dress in the fashion show? It’s not like she’s some flat girl.