No PlayStation Experience for 2018

I'm fine with this. There is not much left to announce I guess - almost every studio is working on announced project, or just released big game - they can give us couple of release dates, but that's not enough for a conference. We'll get our Death Stranding update at TGA, and then I can wait till E3'19 for great show.

I thought this event was not only about announcements but more about bringing Playstation fans together, tournaments, panels, early access to games and whatnot. Was that part not a success, were ticket sales too low? Or does Sony feel like bringing fans together is not worth it anymore?

We have insiders saying the original plan was for 2019. We have Sony hiding their 2019 operating profit projections. We have 7nm in consumer electronics today. There is lots of reasons to think PS5 could be 2019
Who are these "insiders" and it sounds like plans changed along time ago!

Plus your forgetting about all these ps4 games. Are we getting days gone , dreams, ghost of Tsushima , last of us part 2 and death stranding in 2019??

2019 indeed , lol

I thought this event was not only about announcements but more about bringing Playstation fans together, tournaments, panels, early access to games and whatnot. Was that part not a success, were ticket sales too low? Or does Sony feel like bringing fans together is not worth it anymore?
A tad melodramatic

Ps5 2019 holidays, GOT alongside, then TLOU 2 early 2020 then follow by other games announced at psx Feb 2019
This. Ghost is probably the only game from the big three that can release next year.

Without PS5 they may as well skip the next E3 as well and just release three gameplay demos for the same games as this year.

Once again Sony cruisin in second gear, While Microsoft and Nintendo are in 5th.

Well, let see how it works out for them.
More like Sony has been in fourth gear all current-gen and is about to drop into second gear with current-gen and into fourth gear for next-gen. They've already delivered on all the titles, and there are only a handful current-gen titles remaining in the mix from first party.

XO coming back but Sony skipping Psx? Hmm.

Is it coz MS again took all 3rd party games for Xo just like E3 and Sony has nothing new to show? MS must be bringing some really big that can't Sony match as they have nothing new and big to announce ?
Because Sony wants to save the titles for February (I want to believe in a February conference). On another note, I'm glad third party have other shows to showcase titles.

This is just fine. Last year they had an amazing conference at Paris Games Week. PSX just had nothing to show cause they showed everything at PGW. That's what they're going to do again and it's smarter than whatever they did last year for PSX, cause it did not work.

Bring on PGW.

I dunno exactly how this works,but even if PS5 would release in 2019....I wonder what games will be released. Most first part studios ‘ just’ released their game or will release their game on PS4 in 2019.

More like Sony has been in fourth gear all current-gen and is about to drop into second gear with current-gen and into fourth gear for next-gen. They've already delivered on all the titles, and there are only a handful current-gen titles remaining in the mix from first party.

Because Sony wants to save the titles for February (I want to believe in a February conference). On another note, I'm glad third party have other shows to showcase titles.
Isn't this suspicious to you?
https://www.dualshockers.com/sony-playstation-japan-new-games-wild-arms/

"Kouno-san has not been able to release a completely new game for a while, but in 2018 he would like to announce a new title, and he’ll do his best to help heal the world a little."

Moved to PS5.

Even FFXII writer, Miwa Shoda, seems to be working on it. No control over the character and non-fantasy brings me back to 2007 what Kouno wanted to do next.
https://twitter.com/shodamiwa/status/1045853695882088450?s=19

Shawn mentioned only Dreams and Days Gone makes me think they are gearing up for PS5 next year.

I dunno exactly how this works,but even if PS5 would release in 2019....I wonder what games will be released. Most first part studios ‘ just’ released their game or will release their game on PS4 in 2019.
I see a repeat of PS4 launch. A bit or original and lots of ports. Expect your Battlefields, your Call of Duties, your FIFAs, and they'll toss a few indie titles for PSN. Might see the next title from Guerrilla Games (Horizon Zero Dawn 2 perhaps), maybe tease Bloodborne 2 a bit. Might see top exclusive PS4 titles enhanced for PS5. A lot of studios are hush since their last PS4 title, so it's very possible. I read rumours that some studios are already getting devkits.

This is just fine. Last year they had an amazing conference at Paris Games Week. PSX just had nothing to show cause they showed everything at PGW. That's what they're going to do again and it's smarter than whatever they did last year for PSX, cause it did not work.

Bring on PGW.
PGW was usually announced in mid-Aug.

Aug 18 for PGW 2015.
Aug 14 for PGW 2017.

The show is over. They are gearing up for PS5 next year.

That's kinda shitty, it was always advertised as a fan fest, they could've done it without hosting a press conference.

I would've preferred a small one dedicated to 2019 games, and indie/localization (BuildingTheList) announcements. Maybe they could've brought it to Europe for the first time. Even though some people would lose their shit if they didn't at least announce a new triple A game, they'd claim it was the worst show ever, reading thru era threads while a conference has its slower moments is always embarrassing, "wtf is this shit! booorrriinnng! hurry the fuuuuck upp gimme that AAA goodness!"

They announced date for PGW conference in mid-Aug.
Paris Games Week is still happening. Whether they have a conference or not does not relate to if it's announced at this date or not. Just because they announced it in August last year, doesn't mean it'll be the same this year. From the last they stated, they said they're not ready to talk about any upcoming events just yet except TGS. Now that we know what's going on with PSX, We'll have to wait and see what happens with PGW because they haven't released a statement on PGW yet...and it's still over a month away. But the show is still happening and there's going to be announcements at PGW because there always is. A lot of companies make huge announcements there. We got a lot of FFXV there for example. I'm expecting some big KH3, RE2, DMC5, etc and surprises there this year.

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2018...ess_conference_plans_for_the_rest_of_the_year

Last edited:
Paris Games Week is still happening. Whether they have a conference or not does not relate to if it's announced at this date or not. Just because they announced it in August last year, doesn't mean it'll be the same this year. We'll have to wait and see what happens with that. But the show is happening and there's going to be announcements there because there always is.
If they announce a press conference which I doubt at this point. If we don't hear anything from SIEE next week it's obvious they are prepping for PS5. Apparantely Japan Studio is sitting on unannounced PS4 games according to Shu.

I have no problem dining on crow, but cmon man. Ps5 is releasing next year supposedly and we have had no leaks ?? Haha
PS4 first leak came in November when devkits were shipped to Bungie. Orbis was named in December. Console was revealed in February.

Also, there's a wonderful rumour thread on GAF talking about PS5 devkits. Funny enough, that rumour is suggesting Christmas 2018 release! (lol)

Last edited:
Yeah, I don't think they need PSX this year. They could still show off a couple of trailers at The Game Awards though.

Here's hoping for PS5 announcement early next year.

Paris Games Week is still happening. Whether they have a conference or not does not relate to if it's announced at this date or not. Just because they announced it in August last year, doesn't mean it'll be the same this year. From the last they stated, they said they're not ready to talk about any upcoming events just yet except TGS. Now that we know what's going on with PSX, We'll have to wait and see what happens with PGW because they haven't released a statement on PGW yet...and it's still over a month away. But the show is still happening and there's going to be announcements at PGW because there always is. A lot of big 3rd Party's games make huge announcements there. We got a lot of FFXV there for example.

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2018...ess_conference_plans_for_the_rest_of_the_year
I admire your passion for still believing a press conference will happen this year. I'm not so sure about that now.

I don’t think Sony is going to say anything about PS5 until at least E3. They still have to get Days Gone out and finish up Ghosts and TLOU Part II.
All Q4 2018/Q2 2019 titles. No Q4 2019 title in the mix, which is weird since Sony bombarded the same 8 titles for the last 2 years to us.

Death Stranding is the only trojan horse in this scenario. It could be Q4 2019, but then again it could be both PS4 and PS5 launch title.

That's kinda shitty, it was always advertised as a fan fest, they could've done it without hosting a press conference.

I would've preferred a small one dedicated to 2019 games, and indie/localization (BuildingTheList) announcements. Maybe they could've brought it to Europe for the first time. Even though some people would lose their shit if they didn't at least announce a new triple A game, they'd claim it was the worst show ever, reading thru era threads while a conference has its slower moments is always embarrassing, "wtf is this shit! booorrriinnng! hurry the fuuuuck upp gimme that AAA goodness!"
Ultimately the reaction to last years PSX likely cemented what'd happen with future events. They were pretty open about what would happen there and people still got angry that there weren't big announcements. So I think they don't want to ruin the name of the event by having more of them without meeting what fan expectations exist for it now. I'm certain that they'll do one next year as it's the 25th anniversary of Playstation. They really can't ignore the importance of that.

We have insiders saying the original plan was for 2019. We have Sony hiding their 2019 operating profit projections. We have 7nm in consumer electronics today. There is lots of reasons to think PS5 could be 2019
You guys need to remember 2012, full of next-gen rumors almost every week/month. This simply isnt happening this year, not because nobody is talking, but because nobody has anything yet. If you really think PS5 is being announced in a few months, prepare to be severely dissapointed. There is absolutely no way next-gen is starting in 2019 (although as a gamer I hope I am wrong because I want new consoles).

Who are these "insiders" and it sounds like plans changed along time ago!

Plus your forgetting about all these ps4 games. Are we getting days gone , dreams, ghost of Tsushima , last of us part 2 and death stranding in 2019??

2019 indeed , lol
The ps3 had a lot of stuff in its final year though. I also expect dreams to be cross gen at the very least.

I'm still thinking it is 2020 but it isn't out of the realms of possibility

The ps3 had a lot of stuff in its final year though. I also expect dreams to be cross gen at the very least.

I'm still thinking it is 2020 but it isn't out of the realms of possibility
I'm thinking nov 2020 .

Days gone (Feb) , dreams is 2019 confirmed (maybe April/may?) .

That leaves ghost, TLoU2 and death stranding . One of them could potentially be September , maybe ghost?

Leaves TLOU2 and death stranding for 2020.

I wonder if Horizon 2 will be announced alongside the PS5. I could see the game being a straight PS5 exclusive and serving as the main showpiece title for the new console.

I wonder if Horizon 2 will be announced alongside the PS5. I could see the game being a straight PS5 exclusive and serving as the main showpiece title for the new console.
Hmm

GoW 2, Horizon 2, and Spider-Man 2 I can see happening. Uncharted 5 too. Then some wildcard like Bloodborne 2.

Hmm

GoW 2, Horizon 2, and Spider-Man 2 I can see happening. Uncharted 5 too. Then some wildcard like Bloodborne 2.
I really doubt all those games will be announced at the reveal event though. Remember that Horizon released a full 18 months before Spider-Man, so the sequel is likely going to be ready long before Spidey 2.

At the PS5 event I could see announcements Horizon 2, a major wildcard (like Uncharted 5 or Bloodborne 2), and some other AA stuff or third party games.

Shawn only mentioned Days Gone and Dreams is suspicious.
Aren't Days Gone and Dreams the only two titles that have an explicit release date/year?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but Sony has said nothing about the year of release of TLoU II, Ghost of Tsushima, let alone Death Stranding.

Shawn mentioned only those two titles for 2019 because they are the only ones where something about the release has been officially announced.
I see nothing strange about it.

Good, the last two PSX's were an absolute bore and I can't say I'll miss it this year.
Two years? Hell no man that's crazy talk. 2017 was a massive flop but 2016 was fantastic. That was TLOU 2 reveal, Uncharted Lost Legacy, Marvel vs Capcom (at the time it was a massive announcement), more Nioh, the first showing of Crash Trilogy, shadow drop of a new RE7 Demo, and a LOT more.