Quinnipiac Polls finds opinions on Kavanaugh are largely black and white

https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=2574

So for some background on the methodology and sample
This RDD telephone survey was conducted from September 27 – 30, 2018 throughout the nation. Responses are reported for 1,111 self-identified registered voters with a margin of sampling error of +/- 3.7 percentage points, including the design effect. Margins of sampling error for subgroups are available upon request.

PARTY IDENTIFICATION Republican 28% Democrat 31% Independent 34% Other/DK/NA 7%

So now onto the poll results. They ask a variety of questions, but here are a few key ones
With wide gender, racial and partisan gaps, and a shift in support among independent voters, 48 percent of American voters say the U.S. Senate should not confirm Judge Brett Kavanaugh to the U.S. Supreme Court, as 42 percent say Kavanaugh should be confirmed, according to a Quinnipiac University National Poll released today.
Women oppose confirmation 55 - 37 percent, while men support it 49 - 40 percent.
But the largest disparaties come between white and black voters, with Kavanaugh's support largely being propped up by the former (primarily men) and him being overwhelmingly opposed by black voters

White voters say 51 - 40 percent confirm Kavanaugh. Opposed are black voters 81 - 11 percent and Hispanic voters 65 - 30 percent.
As to the question of:
5. As you may know, Dr. Christine Blasey Ford has accused Judge Brett Kavanaugh of sexually assaulting her in high school. Judge Kavanaugh has denied this accusation. If you had to choose, which do you tend to believe most: the accusation of sexual assault made by Dr. Christine Blasey Ford or the denial made by Judge Brett Kavanaugh?

The racial disparity is even larger.
40% of white voters believe Ford, 83% of black voters do and 66% of Hispanics do.
On the flip side, 50% of white voters believe Kavanaugh, only 8% of black voters do and 27% of Hispanics do

I don't really understand the political calculus of sticking with Kavanaugh. It would be so much easier for them to find another right-winger to nominate who will make the same kind of rulings Kavanaugh would make but without...you know...being accused of rape and being a habitual liar. The GOP is already sinking with women swing voters, and being obstinate with Kavanaugh is just making things worse for them weeks before the mid-terms.

I don't really understand the political calculus of sticking with Kavanaugh. It would be so much easier for them to find another right-winger to nominate who will make the same kind of rulings Kavanaugh would make but without...you know...being accused of rape and being a habitual liar. The GOP is already sinking with women swing voters, and being obstinate with Kavanaugh is just making things worse for them weeks before the mid-terms.
If credible accusations of sexual harassment are disqualifying, a lot more people than just Kavanaugh are in trouble.

Probably because Trump would see it as a loss and we all know how fragile his ego is

He's the ONE that said you can't indict a sitting president.

He's the ONE that said you can't indict a sitting president.
Which is funny because Roberts might nullify his ass on that in a second flat the way things are going. If not on indictment, on subpoena/investigate/etc. Kavanaugh thinks POTUS is king at this point in his life and our current GOP domination of all the branches of government, and Roberts definitely doesn't think that.

Yeah, I had a few white coworkers look at me like I was from outer space when I interjected that Kavanaugh absolutely, no doubt did that shit. Not something they were expecting to hear from one of their own.

I legitimately don't see how anyone could come away from that hearing thinking he didn't do something untoward. You don't exactly need to be fucking Columbo to interpret his behavior.