Red Dead Redemption 2: Official Gameplay Video Part 2

Don't get me wrong I didn't like Marston in the last game either which was one of my problems with it. still I don't find Arthur to be likable at all yet. Just seems like a typical bland character that will go around doing everyone's errands.
Arthur isn't really standing out so far in these trailers, but I wonder if that's on purpose. Due to how the choices you make and the way you play shape how good or bad he is. Not that it'll be like RPG-level blank slate, but it seems it'll be closer to that than past R* games.

It's not like John Marston or the GTA V protagonists where their morality and overall persona is fully established regardless of what the player does. Like they all had tons of dialogue in trailers, especially the GTA V ones. By comparison, Arthur's barely spoken at all in RDR 2's marketing.

I could be wrong and Arthur is meant to be a blank slate and quiet, but that feels very un-Rockstar.

Arthur isn't really standing out so far in these trailers, but I wonder if that's on purpose. Due to how the choices you make and the way you play shape how good or bad he is. Not that it'll be like RPG-level blank slate, but it seems it'll be closer to that than past R* games.

It's not like John Marston or the GTA V protagonists where their morality and overall persona is fully established regardless of what the player does. Like they all had tons of dialogue in trailers, especially the GTA V ones. By comparison, Arthur's barely spoken at all in RDR 2's marketing.

I could be wrong and Arthur is meant to be a blank slate and quiet, but that feels very un-Rockstar.
He could be more of a laconic man of few words, talks with his fists type. He is the gang’s enforcer right? If there’s one thing that the marketing has shown, it’s that Arthur is more of the muscle of the gang

And I’d say most Western heroes aren’t usually as talkative as Marston was

Last edited:

jett

Community Resettler

I'll be hugely surprised if this game's story isn't as linear and as constrictive as every other game Rockstar has made. You're not going to be out here building your own narrative.

Personally I'd just look forward to a prettier RDR.

I kinda hope it's like Geralt's beard in TW3. You can choose to get a beard at the barber at any time, but it's not fully grown.
No, you literally have to wait until it’s grown out. You can’t go to the barber and pick a style that has a longer beard than what you currently have. You can only shave down or shape what you currently have. There are lotions that make your beard and hair grow faster, though.

I'll be hugely surprised if this game's story isn't as linear and as constrictive as every other game Rockstar has made. You're not going to be out here building your own narrative.

At the very least, it looks like you have far more control over molding Arthur’s character and personality than any of Rockstar’s past protagonists. I mean, this is a game where you can fire warning shots and try to defuse situations so you don’t have to kill someone. Those options alone give you more leeway in role-playing

Guys, do you think the stuff in the special edition will be purchasable/available for everyone or do you think it will remain exclusive to these special editions? Like the bank heist mission and such.

I love when open world games give you the option to be the bad guy killing anything and everyone. Robbing people and have their fates decided by my hand, but when that game also remembers your bad actions and confronts you head on with the kind of monster you've become, killing possibly a family member and leaving a young kid without a father and a wife without a husband...

I don’t mean the narrative, I’d also guess that will be linear. More just Arthur’s personality and dialogue.

Again, maybe he’s just quiet, but that hasn’t really been Rockstar’s thing post-GTA III.

I love when open world games give you the option to be the bad guy killing anything and everyone. Robbing people and have their fates decided by my hand, but when that game also remembers your bad actions and confronts you head on with the kind of monster you've become, killing possibly a family member and leaving a young kid without a father and a wife without a husband...

Itd be amazing to see as well an outlaw with a familg much like marston but a rival gang and a family reeling because he wanted to rib you the player but you wouldnt allow it

kids hair is rendered well.

I really really REALLY hope everything about the world and the character interactions are true. I'm getting so hyped up with what I hope isn't false promises. I hope the devs programmed every civilian in the game to change depending on how you treat them. I would love if they remember you and what transpires . I wonder if there is a finite amount of people in a town, and if you murdered the entire population if it'd ever repopulate. I also wonder if you can shoot everyone in your camp site and play a solo act if you so desired.

Obviously it won't go traditional RPG level, with big multiple endings and stuffs tuf the dialogue choice system and what we know of that level of detail and dynamicism suggests the will be a fair bit of interactive story stuff

I really really REALLY hope everything about the world and the character interactions are true. I'm getting so hyped up with what I hope isn't false promises. I hope the devs programmed every civilian in the game to change depending on how you treat them. I would love if they remember you and what transpires . I wonder if there is a finite amount of people in a town, and if you murdered the entire population if it'd ever repopulate. I also wonder if you can shoot everyone in your camp site and play a solo act if you so desired.
Dealing with gang members will probably be how it was in V. If you started messing with one of the other characters and trying to punch them, they would knock you out a haymaker

He could more of a laconic man of few words, talks with his fists type. He is the gang’s enforcer right? If there’s one thing that the marketing has shown, it’s that Arthur is more of the muscle of the gang

And I’d say most Western heroes aren’t usually as talkative as Marston was
Red Harlow from the very first game rarely talked. I think he had more lines in the single level he was a child than he did the whole game. And when he did, it was usually as simple as "I just want my money."
John Marston, on the other hand, talked quite a lot, making a comment just about any chance he got.
I liked both characters, they were both cool in their own ways. I'm curious to see where they take Arthur

Dealing with gang members will probably be how it was in V. If you started messing with one of the other characters and trying to punch them, they would knock you out a haymaker
I was thinking that's how'd they do it too. In all the previews I've read and listened to nobodies tried it though. It's going to be the first thing I do. Will it let me pull the trigger on one of the main gang members? Going to find out.

I doubt it.

8 years in development tells me that both versions will be identical. Resolution and possibly frame rate [at times] will be the only minor differences. As far as assets and textures - they will be identical, so don't get your hopes up for some quantum leap between the two.

The base PS4 is more powerful than the base XBONES, so the more powerful systems [PS4 Pro/XB1X] will use the same assets.
Other games show that your logic isn’t sound, assassins creed origins is superior on Xbox x for example.

Would be cool if you could choose to amend for some of your sins; like maybe bring a fresh kill to the widow every now and then. And have the consequences branch out even more.

I wonder about other things too. Like what if you could hog tie a dude, haul him far away from his town, and ditch him with a bloody animal carcass in wolf territory. Then imagine him showing up a few days later all fucked up. lol

I see more and more people are interested in this just of they want a good world to explore. Can’t argue with that. Robbing and killing people is the 5ing that makes me want to just skip this.

I also didn’t like GTA much for this. I think they should have gone with the RDR approach with this but then there wouldn’t be any novel gameplay mechanics.

Oh well.

Son of Sparda

Community Resettler
Me to, maybe it will be bare for a while then someone else takes over the farm etc. As for towns have a feeling it will be replaced with other NPC’s however from what I heard people will remember you comment to you and be cautious of you. So if your a mass murderer people will note it
I really want to push the revenge system as well.

Like if I kill everyone in a family but let someone live, will they come after me? Or if I wound an NPC in their knees will that show?

Truth is tho that I really deslike playing as a villain (my Shepard in ME was a saint lmao) so I most likely won't try any of this lol

I see more and more people are interested in this just of they want a good world to explore. Can’t argue with that. Robbing and killing people is the 5ing that makes me want to just skip this.

I also didn’t like GTA much for this. I think they should have gone with the RDR approach with this but then there wouldn’t be any novel gameplay mechanics.

Oh well.
What do you mean the “RDR approach”?