Red Dead Redemption 2: Official Gameplay Video Part 2

I just hope that they can integrate the story better with the morality system, specifically if you chose to play as a "bad/evil guy". It felt so weird trying to play John as a bad guy in the first game considering how the main story frame him as a character, it felt extremely disjointed/disconnected.

Looks great, but my hype remains well and truly in check until I can pick up a controller, move the player character around, and verify that it doesn't feel like utter shit à la GTAV/TW3.

Surprise me, Rockstar.

Looks nearly too good to be real....I don't think I've seen a better looking game, ever..on any system.

My only downside of this release: it will eat into my Forsaken time and my currently 1/2 way through epic TW3 Ghost Mode adventure...#firstworldgamingproblems at their finest haha.

I'll be perfectly honest, I was always going to buy this game, but everything I'd seen up until now didn't really grab me. This though......Damn. I'm officially super hyped for the game now.

Xbone X will be native 4k
PS4 pro will be the 1920x2160 with some form of upscaling to 4k
PS4 will be 1080p
Xbone will most likely be sub 1080. I'm thinking more like 900p.

I'm gonna spend 3 whole months finishing this game and I'm going to love every damn second of it. There's going to be a lot to do, it took me like 30 hours to beat the first one and back then I was free, so I could play very often, now I'll barely get 6-7 hours a week for this and I can tell it's going to be even longer than the first one.

I just hope that they can integrate the story better with the morality system, specifically if you chose to play as a "bad/evil guy". It felt so weird trying to play John as a bad guy in the first game considering how the main story frame him as a character, it felt extremely disjointed/disconnected.
You being an outlaw and the gang's enforcer should give you more latitude in general. A ruthless asshole who shows no mercy or a bandit with a heart of gold, you're still an outlaw. Even the monstrous mafioso types in mob movies might be nice to someone occasionally. Being nice just means you're a Robin Hood, being ruthless means you have a reputation to uphold as the muscle and need to set an example. Either way makes sense.

John was so goodhearted a character that it felt wrong and out of character to rob banks or kill people outside of missions IMO.

So what did RDR and GTAV influence today? Tbh I don't know. The one thing that I thought GTAV did that was revolutionary was the switching of characters in real time, but I don't see anyone adopting that.

Off the top of my head, the industry-defining games of last gen were Uncharted, Heavy Rain, TLOU, Batman Arkham Asylum, Minecraft, Demon's Souls, Mass Effect, Skyrim, and Modern Warfare.

Dude...…Gears Of War.

Looks great, but my hype remains well and truly in check until I can pick up a controller, move the player character around, and verify that it doesn't feel like utter shit à la GTAV/TW3.

Surprise me, Rockstar.
I know exactly what you mean, but honestly the real change for me was GTAV PS4 with first person controls. The game responds immediately to your input, unlike 3rd person. It feels more precise at the sacrifice of realism (which is what I'd prefer and what the series often refuses)

This was a major shift to me and why I'm keeping hope for RDR2

You being an outlaw and the gang's enforcer should give you more latitude in general. A ruthless asshole who shows no mercy or a bandit with a heart of gold, you're still an outlaw. Even the monstrous mafioso types in mob movies might be nice to someone occasionally. Being nice just means you're a Robin Hood, being ruthless means you have a reputation to uphold as the muscle and need to set an example. Either way makes sense.

John was so goodhearted a character that it felt wrong and out of character to rob banks or kill people outside of missions IMO.
Yep, I certainly hope it would make more sense if I try to play Arthur as a bad guy (or a good guy, depending). I just hope the main story's characterization doesn't neatly put him in either good/bad so that it doesn't conflict with how we choose to play him as, unlike John. It just felt wrong doing bad stuff as John.

This is simply the best looking game of this gen. The quality of lighting is second to none. The level of details is insane ! This is way more impressive than Cyberpunk 2077. Rockstar are just pushing things to another level ! Game of gen candidate for sure.
Lol Cyberpunk. Cd Project nowhere near Rockstar when it comes graphics technology .They downgraded Witcher 3 and soon u will see downgrade for Cyberpunk as well

God of war i think deserves it because it did a complete turn. God of war was getting stale and the new one made it feel new. That to me makes it deserve GOTY
The game that deserves it wins it. I think God of war is amazing too. We don't know what this story is doing etc. Rdr2 will win kf it deserves it.

I know exactly what you mean, but honestly the real change for me was GTAV PS4 with first person controls. The game responds immediately to your input, unlike 3rd person. It feels more precise at the sacrifice of realism (which is what I'd prefer and what the series often refuses)

This was a major shift to me and why I'm keeping hope for RDR2
Ok, I don't know if anything has happened to GTAV on PS4 since I played it to warrant praise like this, but this goes completely against my own experiences with it.

First person mode was more or less unplayable to me because of the insane input lag. At launch it also had completely bizarre response curves, but they at least added some settings for that later. The input lag however remained constant.
It was noticeable in third person too, but since GTA is such a lock on fest you could mostly ignore it.
Switching to first person just made it so obvious and detrimental to the experience in such a dramatic way that I find the mode unusable.

Red Dead Redemption 1 was way too much better than 99% of Western Movies in case of story
I mean, I love RDR but it's story was nothing special, especially compared to the all time western greats like Lonesome Dove, The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly, Once Upon a Time in the West, and the best, Three Amigos.

This looks insane.

Like the open world has a depth we’ve not seen before, I hope it doesn’t fail to deliver on everything they’ve shown.

I can see me playing this for a long time, and it’s only three weeks to go!

Surprise me, Rockstar.
I've just come to accept that molasses controls are the price you pay for a Rockstar open world. First-person controls in GTA V were actually half-decent, but I'd much rather play in third-person and just have it feel good. Oh well, I know I'll get used to it anyway.

I’m looking forward to giving John a downward spiral period in my game where a couple of failed side quests see John drinking, gambling & whoring, not washing/shaving etc before putting his life back in order.

I cannot imagine i'll like the micromanagement in this game ; it was a reason I never beat San Andreas and later IV ; this very much looks like it's going to have a bunch of shit distracting you (make nice with horsey, people in caravan, band, etc). I really hate elements like these in a game but I'm also just enamored by the open world and would like to explore it.

I cannot imagine i'll like the micromanagement in this game ; it was a reason I never beat San Andreas and later IV ; this very much looks like it's going to have a bunch of shit distracting you (make nice with horsey, people in caravan, band, etc). I really hate elements like these in a game but I'm also just enamored by the open world and would like to explore it.
I fell the same way. Really hope that the micromanagement is well integrated and actual is useful for the outcome of the gameplay/history. Really don't care if John is clean or dirty because I have not washed him like a sims. But if it means that he will not be able to preform specific tasks / missions then it begins to make more sense.

Other games show that your logic isn’t sound, assassins creed origins is superior on Xbox x for example.
How is it superior, exactly?
I’ll bet you the X will have more differences then just resolution and framerate
Nope.
DonEladioimposible.gif

If base xbone is 1080p with less grass
Base ps4 is 1080p with more grass

Then The pro will be 1500-1700p
And the 1x will be 1900p - 4k

For the pro and 1X to be the same resolution wise R* would have to intentionally gimp the 1X version.
Gimping resolution/frame rate is one thing, gimping assets and textures is quite another thing entirely.
I've no idea what the X version will be like, all I know is R* have shown everything so far on PS4's and PS4 Pro's.

I'm sure the X will have a minor resolution advantage but everything else will be more-or-less the same.
Yup! Exactly this :)
X gonna give it ya. But I doubt there will be huge difference .
Well said :)
the difference won't be worth the price of an X. trust me lol.
I agree!