ResetEra 1.5 Bug Report Thread:

I'm getting the same thing on mobile seemingly 10% of pages.

Also regarding mobile, is there data conservation features in the works? I don't need to view gifs and add 1 GB/mo to my data.

I accidentally clicked on the Privacy Policy link, but instead of getting a Privacy Policy it gave me an Error page saying "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action."
Thanks for pointing this out. We'll get this fixed.

Also regarding mobile, is there data conservation features in the works? I don't need to view gifs and add 1 GB/mo to my data.
You can hide images/gifs from preferences and instead display links to them. Go to Preferences and scroll down to Image Options. From there you can select to hide images. Make sure to name your device if you keep Mode Detection Mechanism to By Machine.

I'm here to report the mobile takeover ads too. I absolutely loathe these and have had to stop using multiple sites I used to enjoy because of them. But since y'all are awesome I already know this is a mistake that slipped through the advertising cracks. So I'm just bringing it to your attention in the hope that it's fixed soon! :)

Honestly, it would be really great if RE supported user submitted captions for uploaded images. It is extremely useful for people who use screen readers and text-only browsers.

ResetEra was hanging for me whenever I tried to load it on my home network (spun at 'connecting' forever). I discovered the site loads properly with an ad-blocker enabled. The culprit domain causing the hang appears to be cdn.intergi.com, which I appear to be unable to talk to; I'm getting 100% packet loss when I try to ping it. I'm guessing this is an ad network we use here?

If it helps, I'm on Verizon FiOS in the northeastern US.

(Possibly helpful further details. Site works fine when connected via cell network, no ad block needed. I believe I am set up to use Google DNS, but will have to confirm it when I get back home.)

Last edited:
Thank you for the quick reply Sirpopopop.

I was thinking about that when I saw "user banned as he requested"... like did the user asked for his posts to be deleted or something.

I don't need anything on my side though but I was curious and it's still nice to see that you're compliant for your EU users.

Thanks.

hello, I'm not sure if this has been reported, but on conversations each of the replies only shows #1 and the date of the original #1 message of the conversation.

ody

Community Resettler
There are times where this gets added to the reply box through the highlight/quote feature

function scrollToId(selector, offset = 60) { window.scroll(0, document.querySelector(selector).offsetTop - offset); return false }

Still getting some fairly frequent problems on mobile Firefox.
  • Still frequently getting random pop ups, sometimes even consecutively, asking me to enable permission to take pictures and record audio. No, I don't want my phone to spy on me for no reason.
  • Sometimes, pages randomly claim to be playing audio even though nothing should be prompting it.
  • This is the most annoying, but almost certainly after browsing a page or more, or scrolling too quickly, will cause the browser to stop drawing pages and everything is blank. The only solution is to restart the browser.

Anyone having issues with the site loading painfully slow every 10 minutes or so?

Like, it'll work fine for a bit, but then next refresh it just stalls for about a minute before loading the page.

I've had this issue across different computers, different routers and different browsers. Chrome on Mac, Safari on an iPhone, Safari on an iPad and Firefox on Windows 7. All hang when loading every so often.

This started yesterday afternoon around 11EST. I'm on LightERA (Legacy) if that matters?

I have ad block on the Firefox on Windows 7, still hangs. And I shouldn't even be getting any ad loading because I subscribe.

Network traffic says it's
https://maxcdn.bootstrapcdn.com/font-awesome/4.4.0/css/font-awesome.min.css
and
https://cdn.intergi.com/hera/tyche.js

font-awesome.min.css is taking 1 minute and 2 seconds to load
tyche.js takes 23 seconds to load

These are the files that are causing my browser to hang.

On a "normal" load, where everything is fine, these two files take about 20ms to load. Sometimes the browser loads them from cache and everything is fine. For some reason, other times it doesn't and I have to wait almost 2 minutes to load the page.

Edit: Changing to DayERA didn't fit the issue, it still hangs on load whenever it needs to load those two files.

Edit 2: If I just block those two files from being requested, it "fixes" the long loading times, although it does break a few minor things (obviously, since some icons use that font). But at least the site is useable again. It's annoying I have to keep dev tools open... but whatever, at least I can use Era.

Edit 3: Surfing Era without icons is like Era:Hard Mode lol. No new post notifications or anything, this is old school forum browsing.

Edit 4: I unblocked font-awesome because surfing the site without icons was too annoying and I haven't had any problems in awhile. Re-enabling tyche.js caused issues again, so I think it's related to that file, whatever it does.

Please fix this, it's very, very annoying.

Last edited:
Anyone having issues with the site loading painfully slow every 10 minutes or so?

Like, it'll work fine for a bit, but then next refresh it just stalls for about a minute before loading the page.

I've had this issue across different computers, different routers and different browsers. Chrome on Mac, Safari on an iPhone, Safari on an iPad and Firefox on Windows 7. All hang when loading every so often.
Yes this has been happening to me since Tuesday afternoon. I'm Darkera. However this only effects my mobile experience. iPhone, doesn't matter which browser. If I havent visited in awhile first load goes fine. Then any other request will just hang and never load. I seem fine on desktop (Firefox and Chrome).

It IS very annoying.

Heyo

I reported this issue before, but I have a bit more info (and the issue still persists)

The problem is kind of a rubberbanding with the DayEra and NightEra themes. Doesn't seem to happen with the legacy themes. The issue is that when you open a page, it will show the threads/posts, but after a second or so will fully load and show you a different section. For me atleast, this causes a lot of misclicks as the view updates just when I press a thread.

As you can see in the first picture below the page loads, but there is still a bit loading bar left. The second picture is after the page has fully loaded, but I haven't scrolled the page at all. I noticed today that the time and date is formated differently after the page is fully loaded, so that likely causes the issue.

I have tested this on Oneplus 3 with Chrome and Firefox Focus. I think desktop browsers load the page faster, so the issue likely isn't encountered on those. Though I think on the previous thread someone mentioned similar issue on desktop.

Cheers.

Last edited:
I'm having a really strange issue using my Android phones on my home wifi that started in the past week.

Every 5-10 pages loads results in a page loading halfway then stalling on a blank page. I've tried two different routers and two different phones, and the problem doesn't go away. Everything else on the web runs perfectly fine on both devices .the problem also doesnt occur on my PC connected to the same router.

If I turn off wifi on either phone the site works fine on both Android devices using LTE.

This is driving me nuts trying to find the solution. It is definitely related to using WiFi only, but why would only this site have problems? And why on two different wifi routers?

I have of course power cycled my cable modem and router.

This is on Spectrum in NYC.

Every 5-10 pages loads results in a page loading halfway then stalling on a blank page. I've tried two different routers and two different phones, and the problem doesn't go away. Everything else on the web runs perfectly fine on both devices .the problem also doesnt occur on my PC connected to the same router.
This is similar to what's been happening to me. Almost every page, if I scroll down too fast, the page corrupts halfway through and is blank. If I'm unlucky, it brings the whole browser down with it too.

This just happened again. I had 5 page loads that worked fine, and at the sixth it hung at a blank page with the progress bar 1/4 across and the browser window blank in Chrome on my Android.

I hit stop and reload around 15 times and it eventually loaded the page.

Only mobile as far as I can tell. Haven't done extensive testing. It happens on WiFi and LTE though, which makes me think it's not Spectrum's fault.

It just happened to me again, it wouldn't load a page for 20 minutes no matter how many times I refreshed. Now every 5th or 6th page load breaks, and I have to tap reload 3-4 times and it finally loads.

As expected, Entertainment is a cluttered mess full of Anime OT and Magic the Gathering OT and other threads better suited in a single Hangouts section.

People who want to join those have joined, and no one new is going to pop in for a short discussion.

It also serves to segment politics into a less viewed area, which is borderline irresponsible and will only push the right's bullshit harder onto this site.

You need to revert this change ASAP. If anything, put all OTs in one Hangout section to clean it up to 3 buttons to hop around.

Sirpopopop

_ _ _ w _ _ _
Administrator
Hi Grigorig,

Can you give me some of the following information:

A. Were you using Firefox immediately before the site went down for maintenance? I ask this to make sure it's not a conflict with another change.
B. What type of device are you using right now?
C. Do you have the screen resolution of the device you are using?

Thanks,

Sirpopopop

(As I'll be away for the next week - you can tag Dream for help as well.)

Sirpopopop

_ _ _ w _ _ _
Administrator
As expected, Entertainment is a cluttered mess full of Anime OT and Magic the Gathering OT and other threads better suited in a single Hangouts section.

People who want to join those have joined, and no one new is going to pop in for a short discussion.

It also serves to segment politics into a less viewed area, which is borderline irresponsible and will only push the right's bullshit harder onto this site.

You need to revert this change ASAP. If anything, put all OTs in one Hangout section to clean it up to 3 buttons to hop around.
This is the wrong thread for that kind of post. This is for bug reports only. There are other avenues for you to make that complaint. Not here.

Huh, I see they changed some colors in the Legacy Dark Mode. Does this mean the bug with the default Android keyboard is finally fixed?