ResetEra Version 1.5 Update Thread

Pretty good. Is there a way to hide gifs and imgs from loading when mobile? The option
  • Hide tag (display as link)
    [/LIST]
    Doesn't work for me. :'(

I have a pretty small data plan when browsing mobile and 2-3 seconds of loading with about 100mpbs is killing my data off, pretty quick.

I don't know what happened but Night is actually broken for me now; like, I can't even properly reply to some posts. I used to defend its functionality but now it's completely useless so I'll be going to Dark.
Can you tell us a bit more about the device/computer where this occurs? And on how many posts do you have issues with replying and the exact nature of this?

Pretty good. Is there a way to hide gifs and imgs from loading when mobile? The option
  • Hide tag (display as link)
Doesn't work for me. :'(

I have a pretty small data plan when browsing mobile and 2-3 seconds of loading with about 100mpbs is killing my data off, pretty quick.
[/LIST]
Have you selected By Machine as the mode? If yes then you have to name your device for it to work. If you select all the time it will work on every device your account is used on automatically.

On Night Era, if I make the window more narrow, past a certain point it switches into mobile view. Full size after that remains mobile mode.
Firefox/Win10

My biggest request continues to be a soft thread refresh where we can refresh only whatever new posts have been made since last loaded the page instead of having to reload the entire site, just like we could on the other place. It saves time abd a lot of mobile data when not on wifi.

Other than that this is marvelous.

Not sure if these updates only cover the forum theme, but the main thing I still miss on the site is the ability to use folders/groups to organize watched threads.
As for the theme:
  • Text selection in the edit boxes is still very broken in Safari on iOS.
  • Nav Bar covers posts when scrolling down a page in Firefox (desktop).
  • Nav Bar is a footer rather than a header on mobile (Safari).
  • NightEra is too dark and has too much contrast.
  • Full width view (max) only applies to the current tab. If I open links in a new tab they're reset to the thick padding.
  • On a 1080p display with a window snapped to one side of the screen, NightEra switches to the mobile view at 120% scale. DarkEra does this at 200%.

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
On Safari on iPhone the new night version is okay until you click to type a reply. It zooms in and cuts off the sides then, and you have to manually zoom out.
Back to legacy dark edition again.

Not really, it's just random sized black boxes that occasionally appears. Sometimes they seem to be in fixed spots on the page, sometimes they scroll down with the page. Happens on my phone and tablet with Android but it's very intermittent.

Edit: I guess this person was having the same issue and found what was likely causing it. Not sure if that was something fixed in this update.

Last edited:
Can you tell us a bit more about the device/computer where this occurs? And on how many posts do you have issues with replying and the exact nature of this?
I didn't try on my computer but there were about 5 posts I tried to reply to on my Galaxy S7 before this thread went up that had no reply button (just a 'more options' button) so there was nothing I could do. I switched over to the dark theme and everything worked just fine.

On Safari on iPhone the new night version is okay until you click to type a reply. It zooms in and cuts off the sides then, and you have to manually zoom out.
Back to legacy dark edition again.
Yeah that’s the only complaint I have. Really minor issue but a tad annoying having to manually resize.

Hear me out folks, IMAGINE, just IMAGINE for one moment taking the purple from DarkEra (Legacy), I know this sounds crazy, but stay with me.... and taking that hue of purple and APPLY that to NightEra?!? The technology might not be there for such a monumental task but given time I hope the crack team at ERA Design Labs Inc. can come up with a way to doing it, my scorched corneas thank you in advance! :)

Good update but...
Hear me out folks, IMAGINE, just IMAGINE for one moment taking the purple from DarkEra (Legacy), I know this sounds crazy, but stay with me.... and taking that hue of purple and APPLY that to NightEra?!? The technology might not be there for such a monumental task but given time I hope the crack team at ERA Design Labs Inc. can come up with a way to doing it, my scorched corneas thank you in advance! :)
This. Please.

I appreciate the updates.

Some issues:

Day and Night both seem to be different still (on mobile anyway). Formating on Day has smaller icons, Night has big icons, it's weird.

I got stuck on Day Era, because I couldn't scroll all the way down to change themes, because the persists NAV bar was in the way. I still hate any site with a persistent NAV bar also. Haha.

Colours are still too bright and not really fitting of a 'night' theme.

Little things like not having your Avatar at the top and instead just a little busy shapped thing are bad. I like see my avatar!

The top/bottom/refresh thing is still something I don't like.

Thank you all for trying to sort all this stuff out. But extra thanks for keeping DarkEra still, because I still think it's better in just about every possible way.

Has anyone else lost he pop-up menu at the bottom of the screen which was recently added to mobile, which shows big button links for watched threads, hangouts etc? I’ve not been seeing it for the past few days.

Thanks for the hard work, but as some people said already, Dark Era is still the best by far when it comes to usability.
Night Era feels fancy at first but after using it for a fewer minutes it’s just too much for me :/

I feel that it's improved, but it's still hard on the eyes for me on mobile. Something about the layout makes it feel like I'm endlessly scrolling unlike with the legacy theme.

The width fix goes a long way to addressing the issues of the new themes, so thank you for that

I still wish your own quoted posts were highlighted better on the new themes, and that the page numbers were not hidden until being hovered over

The Legacy purples are still superior to the new purples, and I preferred the red ban/warning message to the yellow ones

I'l try and stick with Day to give it another chance but I can't promise I won't be back to Light. Light just gets everything right

One thing I noticed: No more mobile view is fine, but I don't see the page numbers.
They should appear on mouseover, but they don't. Anyone else have this issue?
(Deskopt / Win 10 / Chrome)

The improvement to Night are definitely improvements....not sure if its enough but I'm going to try it for a bit. I don't really like the constant refresh button blinking in and out of existence while I scroll down. Purple still too bright. But its definitely wider...

The new 'Max' option definitely makes it better. Still not loving the purple though. I'll give it a go for a bit but I think I'll end up going back to DarkEra, it's just too good still.

But really appreciate the work you guys are putting in to get the site better and better, don't ever stop.

edit: Is it supposed to also default to 'Min' on a new page and quickly change to 'Max'? That's a little annoying.

Great progress. I like the new max width option.

I still think there's too much space wasted vertically though, due to the slightly larger font, spaces between lines and below the last line of a post.