So Brent just hit $85 a barrel

This is kinda crazy cinsiconsid it was hovering about half that not long ago.

Could we actually see $100+ in the upcoming months?

Well, in my particular case this is good. My country was hit hard by the falling price 4 years ago to the point currency price fell hard and hasn't recovered. I also own stock in our oil company so price goes up and dividends will finally recover (we got almost nothing back for almost 3 years).

*shrug*

Well, good luck making financial decisions for your personal if you don't track one of the easiest to understand markers of productive health. This shit is literally tied to how much everything you do costs.
You really shouldn't be so condescending towards people. Educate , don't humiliate.

Well, good luck making financial decisions for your personal if you don't track one of the easiest to understand markers of productive health. This shit is literally tied to how much everything you do costs.
How about you stop jerking it to how superior you are and introduce us to Brent?
i know what Brent is, and this OP is really bad

We will see $100
we will see $40
we will see $150
we will see $60

the only question is in what order

Fracking/shale oil generally is break even around $50 so that sort of sets a limit, when the price gets far above that then there is a scramble to ramp up production in US/Canada, when it hovers near that mark Saudis and Russians are better off since they don't have to worry about cheap oil flooding the market.

Every year though shale is getting cheaper due to tech advances.

A lotta people are broke.

Why not just say oil?

Also, don't most people primarily invest through funds that don't require (or even want) a careful, reactionary watch? Mostly, why are you being so condescending? One sentence in the OP solves this issue.

Last edited:
This is a result of SA not picking up the slack from Iran, either because they don't want to, or possibly because they're capped and are refusing to admit it. The US producers are going to ramp production and kick it back down by year's end. You're not seeing $100 oil again.