Super Smash Bros. Ultimate DT8| News, Site Updates, and Speculation | Think outside the Box

Do you think Incineroar still have a shot at making in Smash Bros as playable character?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Gonna be interesting if we get Xenoblade music tomorrow, it's pretty much the only current series left that could get a newcomer.

If it gets knocked out via the music rule it pretty much confirms whatever newcomers are left are from unrepped IP.

No he really isn't.

We have the stars of Nintendo's newest smash IP's that's a big deal in Japan, a long time well known and respected NES hero and franchise, and the new face of a franchise who's latest game sold 12 million.

Incineroar on the other hand while a part of a mega franchise isn't even the one who got a bigger push in his own game or is even the most popular Pokemon from his franchise. We have Tapu Koko who was an important Pokemon and acted as a catalyst for you to begin your journey in Sun and Moon. Lycanroc who got a much bigger push in the anime and is essentially Ash's current star Pokemon in the anime, Rowlet who is the most popular starter Pokemon, or even Mimikyu who got a decent push even in the anime.

Saying Incineroar is a bigger deal than some of the characters we already have in the game is like saying Meganium, Emboar, and Chestnaught are more popular than half the Smash cast.
Lycanroc especially doesn't get enough credit. It's the clear mascot character of the generation. People just discount it because it's not a human in pokemon cosplay, but humans in pokemon cosplay are boring.

Remaining music track predictions (not in any specific order; though I think we'll get one of those first six tomorrow):
  1. Xenoblade (whether it's tied to Elma or not, who knows)
  2. Kid Icarus
  3. Mother
  4. Star Fox
  5. Punch-Out!!
  6. Wario
  7. A second Mario song
  8. Unrepresented series (not playable)
  9. Unrepresented series (not playable)
  10. ??? (Wild Card)
Mii, Wii Fit and Pac-Man won't get songs on the blog. Sonic won't get any remixes at all for no real reason.

Lycanroc especially doesn't get enough credit. It's the clear mascot character of the generation. People just discount it because it's not a human in pokemon cosplay, but humans in pokemon cosplay are boring.
To be fair before Vergeben came in Decidueye was the popular pick and Lycanroc wasn't too far behind. Admittedly for the same reason why people started to think Incineroar was likely and it was his role in the anime of which Lycanroc's is way more credible and significant where as Incineroar's is "Ash will get one eventually I guess"

Mascot of the generation? It's no Rowlett.

Of course, if you want something other than a starter Pokemon, then it's clearly Mimikyu.

Remaining music track predictions (not in any specific order; though I think we'll get one of those first six tomorrow):
  1. Xenoblade (whether it's tied to Elma or not, who knows)
  2. Kid Icarus
  3. Mother
  4. Star Fox
  5. Punch-Out!!
  6. Wario
  7. A second Mario song
  8. Unrepresented series (not playable)
  9. Unrepresented series (not playable)
  10. ??? (Wild Card)
Mii, Wii Fit and Pac-Man won't get songs on the blog. Sonic won't get any remixes at all for no real reason.
I have a feeling Mother won't get a music post due to music licensing issues and Wario won't get a music post for similar reasons. He'll probably only get 1 new track and it'll be a vocal song.

If I had to guess two series to replace them, it'd be Wii Fit and Ice Climber. There's no reason to believe Wii Fit won't have a music post and I think if Duck Hunt can get a new remix, Ice Climber can too.

People discount it because it's an unappealing design.
Lycanroc has 2 awesome designs.

It doesn't need a plush when it has this:
That cry is OP. Only Aromatisse has a chance against that.

Dusk Form is bipedal.
so is there some kind of war between humanistic and animalistic pokemon fans or what
Pokémon fans do nothing but hate on each others taste in Pokémon. So yes. Yes is the answer.

Gonna be interesting if we get Xenoblade music tomorrow, it's pretty much the only current series left that could get a newcomer.

If it gets knocked out via the music rule it pretty much confirms whatever newcomers are left are from unrepped IP.
So... you're under the impression we won't be getting a Pokemon newcomer?

That doesn't seem particularly prudent to me. Music theory or not.

i always chuckle at seeing the ~*badass*~ starter predictions because chances are it'd probably look pretty goofy by the end even if it remained quadraped. They like the swerve and they like the charm.

e: Like I'm sure if I dig i'll find some super badass killer and intimidating owls when the reality was rowlett becomming a doofy preening owl and then a sniepr owl that tries to look cool but has a silly hoodie with a draw string and gets bashful

So... you're under the impression we won't be getting a Pokemon newcomer?

That doesn't seem particularly prudent to me. Music theory or not.
I was on board until the music appeared last week, and thinking about it I can definitely see this game skipping a Pokemon newcomer.
We've already got Pichu, Squirtle and Ivysaur back, and with a lower number of new characters I can see adding yet another Pokemon being lower on the priorities.

I love a variety of Pokemon designs and the whining about human-shaped Pokemon is stinky

Decidueye is literally just a bird with opposable feather-fingers to grip its arrows so I guess if it's anthro then so are most actual irl birds

Primarina also just barely dips her flippers in the anthro pool as well but you know

Also slightly on-topic and I wanted to cross-post this here because the Pokemon Community thread isn't terribly active:

Have a bit of an ask!

I got Ultra Sun digitally a while ago and my 3DS recently bit the dust, meaning the save did too (along with a shiny Fomantis ;~;). I just got a new 3DS, and I wanted to try to reconstruct the team I lost.

I was wondering if anyone has a Dusk-Rockruff they'd be willing to give me! I've got various Pokemon in some nice Kurt Balls, but I'm afraid that's all I have to offer. Please send me a message if you can help me out!

Last edited:
After all of the speculation about Ken/Incineroar since Vergeben dropped his hints, I would be so ecstatic if the next newcomer trailer had Shadow/Decidueye instead (with Ken revealed later).

You know, why does Charizard & Ridley only have 3 jumps when Pit has 4? It’s weird since Pit can’t even fly but Charizard & Ridley can. Balance reasons I guess but its weird.