The Big Funding Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
anecdotal, but I've been seeing that pesky add pop up on sites like TVTropes too

really protects me from falling down the trope madness hole and I hate it
I don't know if I'm just lucky or don't browse other sites enough, but Era and the Place That Shall Not Be Named have pretty much been the ONLY sites to have the sort of mobile redirect stuff happen to me. I have no idea why, or if it's a shared ad provider or what.

Has anyone been interrupted by an ad that says, you won a 1000 gift card while browsing Resetera.

It pretty much takes over your entire screen and kicks you out of resetera.

Never had this issue,
Is it my phone or the site?

I am a daily user of this site and I had no idea that an ad-free subscription was available until just now, when I opened the locked thread about the pop-up ad and saw the link to this thread.

I don't think I'm going to get one, but I thought this feedback might be helpful to someone, considering the option has apparently been available for over seven months

Cerium

Project Lead
Administrator
Three more times in the past five or six threads for the walmartwalmart ad.
Thank you. Obviously, we're aware of this problem.

It seems to be a particularly nasty one that's affecting a lot of different ad networks right now. We assume our agency is doing their best but we haven't received any updates from them in the past day. We'll continue to press the issue. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks for the update, also happened to me twice in the span of about 10 minutes (Wal-Mart scam ad).

After clearing my history/cookies/cache, I haven't seen it again, been using for hours.

Don't know if it's coincidence or not.

Thank you. Obviously, we're aware of this problem.

It seems to be a particularly nasty one that's affecting a lot of different ad networks right now. We assume our agency is doing their best but we haven't received any updates from them in the past day. We'll continue to press the issue. Sorry for the inconvenience.
If you happen to know, which other networks are affected by this? Googling '"walmartwalmart" redirect' gives me a couple of resetera threads and very little else that seems indicative of a widespread issue. And yet, it would be weird for it to be anything targeted.

Cerium

Project Lead
Administrator
Update: We had a long conversation with our ad providers today and we believe that as of this post most of the serious issues reported recently have been resolved. If you observe otherwise, please let us know, with links if possible. Thank you.

Cerium

Project Lead
Administrator
For the sake of clarity all around, we're now splitting this thread up into the two relevant parts:

Want to browse without ads? Sign up for Era Clear!

The Ad Reporting Thread

I am a daily user of this site and I had no idea that an ad-free subscription was available until just now, when I opened the locked thread about the pop-up ad and saw the link to this thread.

I don't think I'm going to get one, but I thought this feedback might be helpful to someone, considering the option has apparently been available for over seven months
Thanks for the suggestion. It probably should've been done a while ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.