Things that should be easy to fix but are not.

OK, I microwaved a burrito and one side was piping hot but the other is more a bit cold and probably a frozen chunk in there. How does one realistically fix this? Is there a method for such things?

OK, I microwaved a burrito and one side was piping hot but the other is more a bit cold and probably a frozen chunk in there. How does one realistically fix this? Is there a method for such things?

If possible, you simply stop eating this junk.

Other wise just separate all the contents into a bowl nuke that for like a minute more. Nuke the tortilla for like 40 seconds on a paper towel , rewrap it the burrito as beat as you can or enjoy it with a fork.

I'm a software dev who mostly builds shit on top of existing frameworks.

Every other goddamn day I come across something that really should be easy to fix, but isn't.

Bacon packaging. Holy shit there’s gotta be a better way

OP the trick is to microwave longer at a lower power and flip it halfway through

Gonna need more information. By side do you mean end?

Likely your microwave doesn't have a rotating base. The electromagnetic radiation used to cook food doesnt create a static wave field that propagates the entire space of the oven. Thus a stationary item isn't being heated equally.

You can either find the hot zone for your oven or get one with a rotating base. If you have one with a rotating base then you need to flip your shit halfway through because the power of your microwave is below the recommended power to cook your frozen product, leading to uneven cooking as the mass rotates due to physics.

Revolving platforms may not solve Subpar spatulas problem. It could also be because of different densities over the burrito or one side being more frozen then the other.

Try thawing it out completely first then if necessary gently massaging it to get an more even spread inside.