Tom Hardy: 'My favourite 40 minutes of Venom were cut from the film'

In an interview with ComicsExplained, Hardy admitted that all his favourite scenes had ended up on the cutting-room floor. When asked "What was your favourite scene to film?" he replied: "Things that aren’t in this movie."
The Taboo star continued: "There are like 30 to 40 minutes worth of scenes that aren’t in this movie... all of them. Mad puppeteering scenes, dark comedy scenes. You know what I mean? They just never made it in."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/films/2018/10/01/tom-hardy-favourite-40-minutes-venom-cut-film/

Didn’t the director or someone involved with the movie just recently say there is no other cut? I swear I heard someone say that. Maybe I’m wrong.

Anyway, this isn’t a good look. I trust Hardy so makes me less confident in the movie if his fav stuff were cut.

Didn’t the director or someone involved with the movie just recently say there is no other cut? I swear I heard someone say that. Maybe I’m wrong.

Anyway, this isn’t a good look. I trust Hardy so makes me less confident in the movie if his fav stuff were cut.
I think there was a thread that said there was no R-rated cut. I don't know if they'll be an extended/directors cut.