Tom Hardy: 'My favourite 40 minutes of Venom were cut from the film'

Lizard, dr. Oct, sandman, electro, vulture, venom , shocker , green goblin, rino , msyterio...

These are the most interesting to me and they did them at least one time. The only one i think is left that is interesting is Craven, to me he should be next. Fuck sinister six.
I'd like to scorpion and kraven

And when enouph time has passed a true green goblin

I guess he doesnt give a fuck about playing ball with the studio, Sony must be spending an important amount of money in the marketing if me living in the end of the world am getting ads to buy venom themed fast food to my phone

if "turd in the wind" makes it in but whatever Hardy thought was darkly funny does not, it's time to start purging studio execs for persistently turning every major release into an incomprehensible mess by the time the final cut is done

Man why would you say this about your upcoming movie even if it's true lol
Because he knows it sucks and he’s trying to distance himself from it.

I do not understand why these actors still sign deals for non-MCU superhero movies at this point. It’s such a gamble. Hardy must have needed money for a new boat or something.

Just hold out until Feige calls you.

I do not understand why these actors still sign deals for non-MCU superhero movies at this point. It’s such a gamble. Hardy must have needed money for a new boat or something.

For real.

The call will come eventually. Unless you do some shit like this.

I still don't understand why Sony thought we needed this film.
This is one of those things that more than likely could of just been pushed back onto the Marvel Backlog of movies to do. This is Venom will probably fail and it won't even cross over to the Spider-Man Cinematic Universe, like what's the purpose in this movie outside of money?

The story is probably gonna be some cliche nonsense involving some sort of million or billionaire came across some scientific research, uses experiments to figure it out, shit goes hella south and then we have the creation of Venom + the villian. It's gonna have a bunch of needless scenes that could of been removed from this movie and gonna lead us wondering why they were even in the movie. All the cool action scenes we've probably seen with the amount of trailers we've been shown. The dialogue is already trash, that's straight fact. Sure, Venom LOOKS cool CGI wise, but man, what is the actual point in this movie when we could of had a better one down the line with Marvel producing it? lmao
This is just the latest in a long series of actions where Sony is trying to convince itself it can make a Spider-Man cinematic universe. They wanted to make an Aunt May movie at one time, and they're working on a Morbius movie now - they just see a cinematic universe as building as many movies out of a property as possible. I don't think there's any connected strategy to what they're doing.

It's a shame, because if they had the patience to build their cinematic universe naturally alongside Marvel's I imagine it would work out for both companies.

He wanted to make a movie for his kid.

"What was your favorite scene to film?" he replied: "Things that aren’t in this movie."

"I wonder what he meant by that?"

"He probably meant scenes that deviated from the script approved by the studio."

"So you're saying they cut all of the good scenes in the movie?"

"Dohohohohoh!"

This movie looks like shit, and I love Spider-Man. People caping for this film so hard, I pray you think it’s gonna be like the comics and have some kind of connection to Spidey.

Because if you know he’s not in it and you’re still excited to see a Venom movie....a Venom origin movie without Spider-Man...that’s cool.

But you have terrible taste.

Oh come on...

He hasn't seen the final cut/edit so he doesn't know whether or not those scenes even fit. He said "my favorite" not "the best" so it's all based on his enjoyment while filming scenes that may or may not have worked with the full movie.

The confirmation bias is so strong here. Try and be less reactionary to nothing sentences.

It's a shame, because if they had the patience to build their cinematic universe naturally alongside Marvel's I imagine it would work out for both companies.
They could do a great job on the animated side.

Into the Spiderverse looks great so far, hopefully they don't rush any part of it for the sake of having a franchise...

Wait, how do you know this? You worked on production for this movie?
Fair call-out but it's still the point I'm making. No one knows anything about the production of the movie. The editing choices, the scene in question etc etc. Passing judgment on the movie in this fashion based on a sentence from an actor (not editor) that's being completely misinterpreted is ridiculous to me.

This movie looks like shit, and I love Spider-Man. People caping for this film so hard, I pray you think it’s gonna be like the comics and have some kind of connection to Spidey.

Because if you know he’s not in it and you’re still excited to see a Venom movie....a Venom origin movie without Spider-Man...that’s cool.

But you have terrible taste.
While I also think the movie isn't going to be that good, adhering to comic canon isn't necessary to make a good film.

Fair call-out but it's still the point I'm making. No one knows anything about the production of the movie. The editing choices, the scene in question etc etc. Passing judgment on the movie in this fashion based on a sentence from an actor (not editor) that's being completely misinterpreted is ridiculous to me.
Not a call-out, I was asking a sincere inquiry. There are some people here who are industry insiders, but it's hard to tell sometimes.

I'd also wager a fair amount of the skepticism on display about the movie are based on reasons beyond this statement, but that's just my suspicions...