Tom Hardy: 'My favourite 40 minutes of Venom were cut from the film'

This movie could've been made in like 5 years, properly spun out of the MCU, and might've been worth a shit. Now, a really neat visual effect is wasted, the character has got a bad rap that's going to carry with it for another decade, and they've wasted a great casting opportunity for Tom Hardy.

Shitting on the movie before it gets shit on by critics. Nice!

I'll still catch it on release day and probably hate myself for seeing it.

This movie could've been made in like 5 years, properly spun out of the MCU, and might've been worth a shit. Now, a really neat visual effect is wasted, the character has got a bad rap that's going to carry with it for another decade, and they've wasted a great casting opportunity for Tom Hardy.
He's always had a bad rap if you have taste. :P

Seriously though, Venom, the concept of him, is pretty terrific. The problem is that his original appearance in the comics was poorly handled garbage and the character has been shoved into everything possible that is becomes tiresome. Venom isn't the sort of character you can just throw out there like you can with a lot of Spider-Man's more basic villains. He takes time to set up and can't be rushed into early on in a new take on Spider-Man (and he needs Spider-Man in order for him to work). Too often creators and producers just see Venom as a shitty xenomorph knock-off and want to have him in everything.

Because he knows it sucks and he’s trying to distance himself from it.

I do not understand why these actors still sign deals for non-MCU superhero movies at this point. It’s such a gamble. Hardy must have needed money for a new boat or something.

Just hold out until Feige calls you.
He probably had some creative control over the film which you wouldn't really get if you were starring in an MCU movie.

Theres low expectations and theres the vitriol this films gets here.
Vitriol about comic book films? lol, you're one to talk.

Tom Cruise spends a year training on how to do some of the most dangerous helicopter and skydiving stunts ever seen in a movie.

Tom Hardy sees a lobster tank and says "Bingo."

When you're defending a movie so hard on the internet that you even call out the lead actor for having not seen the finished movie yet.
~*~ResetEra~*~
"Tom Hardy seems to be in a comedy"

This movie is gonna fucking rule
This awkward interview has legitimately got me more excited haha. Good movie, or so bad it's good movie, either way I just don't want it to be a bad boring movie. That's the worst.
I'm still seeing it either way to find out for myself. It sounds like it's going to be a ride one way or another.

Release the Snyder Hardy cut.

Last edited:

Atleast we got a, nutted but she keeps on suckn gif out of it

That sucks, editing can kill lots of films (And save others don't get me wrong, for all we know the scenes that Hardy likes suck but considering his work I think he understand what makes films good)

I appreciate his honesty though. PR speak is lame.

This is going to be one of those movies with like an 18% on RT but we're going to have to hear for the next five years about how we just "didn't get it, it was a fun movie for the fans, not you MCU tribalists."

This is going to be one of those movies with like an 18% on RT but we're going to have to hear for the next five years about how we just "didn't get it, it was a fun movie for the fans, not you MCU tribalists."
I eagerly await the time when the MCU is blamed for any movie not doing well, not just super hero ones.

"We made this movie for audiences."

But who exactly?

"Audiences"

Yes, but which audience? Women, Men, Kids, Teens...

"Audiences."

I assume the use of the plural means it's multiple demographics -- I'm just wondering if there were specific groups you were targeting with the movie. 90s kids, couples, adult men who feel constricted in their lives and need to see a power fantasy?

"We made this movie for audiences."