Tom Hardy: 'My favourite 40 minutes of Venom were cut from the film'

I kinda regret contributing to the toxicity towards this film, I don't think it looks good, but I haven't seen this much toxicity towards a film in a long time.

Maybe because this one looks like shit? And last I checked this place knocks on many of the DC films and a pretty steady handful of Marvel flicks too.
I still remember the gaf threads about the announcement of sony spidey universe. Nothing to do with the quality of non-existent projects. Just the worse of fanboyism

I still remember the gaf threads about the announcement of sony spidey universe. Nothing to do with the quality of non-existent projects. Just the worse of fanboyism
I think it’s pretty fair to be down on a Spidey universe from the beginning when it doesn’t even have, you know, Spider-Man

The idea of doing a Spider-Man universe without Spider-Man is ridiculous by the mere notion of the idea has nothing to do with fanboyism. Or are you talking about the ASM movies?

After the success of Deadpool WHY on earth did they want to hold VEnom back of all people? I mean seriously, a dark violent thriller that isn't afraid to throw punches is what this should have been, and ffs stop being afraid to let Spider-Man be a part of it. If DC can have like 5 different Batman's/movies there's no reason they couldn't have had spider-man in this and kept him pg-13 in his movies/the MCU.

well with a back-to-back-to-back track record like Spider-Man 3, The Amazing Spider-Man, and The Amazing Spider-Man 2, what's to look forward to? Sony sucks at this genre. They haven't made a good one since Spider-Man 2, which was nearly 15 years ago!

That said, plenty of people seem pretty high on Into the Spider-Verse, despite it having nothing to do with Kevin Feige, the Avengers, etc. Probably because it actually looks promising.

well with a back-to-back-to-back track record like Spider-Man 3, The Amazing Spider-Man, and The Amazing Spider-Man 2, what's to look forward to? Sony sucks at this genre. They haven't made a good one since Spider-Man 2, which was nearly 15 years ago!

That said, plenty of people seem pretty high on Into the Spider-Verse, despite it having nothing to do with Kevin Feige, the Avengers, etc. Probably because it actually looks promising.
shhh no facts, only nonsense

those posters never show up in the into the spider verse threads

I hear the word puppeteering and I am so all over a blue ray with all the deleted scenes. Hope the movie does well enough to warrant that. Shame The Thing prequel never got that treatment considering it was all done and they scrapped it for cg.

So if Venom bombs in the box office and critically how many more of these villain films do we get from Sony before they outright sell the Spider-Man rights back to Marvel? I'm guessing Marvel gets those rights back by the end of 2021.

To be clear I don't want these Sony movies to suck I just have no faith in Sony Pictures to make a good superhero/antihero/villain movie.

As shitty as others i would say. I always enjoyed the 3rd spidey though.

So if Venom bombs in the box office and critically how many more of these villain films do we get from Sony before they outright sell the Spider-Man rights back to Marvel? I'm guessing Marvel gets those rights back by the end of 2021.

To be clear I don't want these Sony movies to suck I just have no faith in Sony Pictures to make a good superhero/antihero/villain movie.
They won't sell the rights as long as the studio exists. They may let Feige make more Sony movies, though - that is the best we can hope for.

Why does Sony keep letting Avi Arad be part of these movies?
At this point it's likely a contractual obligation per PGA rules that he's 'involved' with Venom because he produced the first of Sony's Spidey films.

And by involved I mean credited and likely paid millions of dollars in producing fees despite never going anywhere near the set.

Heck professional anything on a movie set makes bank

Asssociate on mine got a cool half a mill for stunts for one of the twilight movies
Yeah not so much. Trust me, as someone who’s worked on movies, not everyone is making bank.

I used to crash on couches while working in DC.

I was staying open minded but watching the entirety of that interview; Tom Hard is not instilling me with the confidence I felt when he initially took the role.