Tom Hardy: 'My favourite 40 minutes of Venom were cut from the film'

Yeah not so much. Trust me, as someone who’s worked on movies, not everyone is making bank.

I used to crash on couches while working in DC.
Eh true, perhaps I should add professional executive...

Guy who works in post on movies and I don’t make much bank here as well...

I mean the lead star of the film trashes the movie and he has seen the movie, at least enough of it to know a shitton has been cut so...what was your point again?
"Wah! Wah! MCU is overrated and destroying quality cinema! Wah Wah!'

Tom Hardy has the worst accents though.
Hey, you'll take his "Sean Connery's mentally deficient cousin" accent in TDKR and you'll like it!

Last edited:

I hope Riz Ahmed says this soon, he looks like he’s cashing the easiest paycheck of his life in every promotional clip/trailer
I like how she kinda goes out of her way to say this at the end.

"When these films are good, they can provide such a fun outlet for that, both for the actors that make them and the audiences that watch them.”

I wonder if some of these people are like "Well the movie isn't great but it isn't that bad!" But then they go online and think "will this is going to fail, better distance myself now!"

People really like hating something, fair enough if it doesn't seem all that good, but seriously relax. It's a movie. Life goes on whether this is any good or not.

Yeh sure the movie does not seem great, but not a 10% either like some of you are saying. That's fantastic four bad.; get lost.

I hope the movie is even half decent so 'the turn in the wind' blows back in your face (not sure if used correctly). It probably won't, but gosh I do hope so.

Also, has everyone invested in Marvel/Disney that they want them to have a monopoly?
some of my favourite movies have been Logan and deadpool: just because they were unique

What's "toxic" about thinking a movie will suck?
This is what I don’t get. Some people make it seem like this is a Last Jedi situation where people were going overboard with it and attacking the director and actors.

With Venom, people just think it will be a bad movie because of the trailers and Sony’s track record. Nothing “toxic” about it.

Venom is going to be absolutely awful, which is a shame because I think it's probably my favorite character in the entire Spiderman series. Maybe one day we can get a Venom movie that isn't garbage but this isn't going to be it.

People really like hating something, fair enough if it doesn't seem all that good, but seriously relax. It's a movie. Life goes on whether this is any good or not.

Yeh sure the movie does not seem great, but not a 10% either like some of you are saying. That's fantastic four bad.; get lost.

I hope the movie is even half decent so 'the turn in the wind' blows back in your face (not sure if used correctly). It probably won't, but gosh I do hope so.

Also, has everyone invested in Marvel/Disney that they want them to have a monopoly?
some of my favourite movies have been Logan and deadpool: just because they were unique
I don't really see anyone being hyperbolic, it's just that most of the media that's been released, and things that have happened surrounding the movie, make it seem like a genuine shit show. I don't think anyone here would be upset if it ended up with a 90% on Rotten Tomatoes, but this thread only exists because Tom Hardy, quite frankly, made some rather unflattering comments, which seems like a pretty big red flag.

Imagine being this fucking invested in blockbuster film culture

lmfao wow yikes

There's a single review up on Letterboxd:

"Venom is an outright disaster on so many levels.

Let's start where it counts, plot. This film features a barebones plot which is exacerbated by weird tonal shifts, inconsistencies, and padding. From start to finish this film is a waste of time.

Tom Hardy for once is doing a Logan Marshall Green impression; as it's hard to tell this performance apart from Green's in Upgrade.

What saves this film is the action, which is poorly shot as to save money on CGI; but when you can make out the action it is decent. Although I wasn't invested in anything about this film so it all largely fell flat.

This film is a waste of it's film's talent and of the audience's time. There's teases for the sequel but you couldn't pay me to go see it. Let's just hope that Marvel Studios can do something more interesting with the character."