Trump to ABC's Cecilia Vega: "I know you're not thinking. You never do." Vega: "I'm sorry?"

I'm so sick of US journos being polite to keep their access. I'm certain UK journalists would not stand for that shit. At least patronise the guy back with a retort or something.

Prolly shoulda started a thread named, "Dumb stuff Trump said in trade deal press conference". We are going to have a dozen, at least, threads if it's for each phrase/sentence/response lol.

I'm so sick of US journos being polite to keep their access. I'm certain UK journalists would not stand for that shit. At least patronise the guy back with a retort or something.
she was probably shocked, give her a break

This guy is just human trash, typical of a guy who can dish it out but never take it.

Yeah. You guys are fierce. Decorum went out the window.

But she was problaby surprised.

Sooner or later, people are just gonna start checking his ass on this kind of bullshit in realtime. He's wants to act presidential, he can be treated like it, he wants to act like a bum, well there's something for that, too.

When Margaret Tatcher died, some people were dancing in the streets.

Would be an absolute riot when it's Trump's time... or a candlelight vigil for the Democratic Republic of Great America.

Yeah, it's definitely part of the problem. Being banned from these lame-ass briefings should be a badge of honor. It'll let you have more time to get the real story.

You guys are right, she was taken aback by the moment, and most of us would freeze if the President insulted us in front of everyone. I'm just so sick of this guy, argghh.

The best response to this would’ve been: “well, at least I’m capable of spelling the word “border”. You’ll get there one day, Donald. Anyway, my question is:”

Yeah, it's definitely part of the problem. Being banned from these lame-ass briefings should be a badge of honor. It'll let you have more time to get the real story.
Tbh you could probably wear a fake moustache and draw one on your badge and they’d let you in, knowing how smart that whole administration is.

It's fascinating how low the politics have fallen.
Few years ago this would have been a huge scandal and now we have people going "AWESOME, HE JUST OWNED HER" without a tint of irony,

Ehh, UK press has been in front of Trump plenty of times to show that fire and there hasn’t been so much as a spark.

And that’s okay. He’s a fucking idiot and we know that, no need to get in the mud with the pig.

Fox reply:

KATIE PAVLICH (CO-HOST): Look, I don't think he would've said anything different to Jim Acosta from CNN. So if we're going to focus on the him telling her that she wasn't thinking about something, which I'm sure the media will, in the environment that we're in -- he treats reporters fairly. And he's had this tone since he started out on the campaign trail with reporters. So I think that continuing to focus on it is actually huge distraction away from the news here He's had this tone since he started out on the campaign trail with reporters.