Trump to ABC's Cecilia Vega: "I know you're not thinking. You never do." Vega: "I'm sorry?"

This is the self-destructive shit I keep telling my dad about when we discuss Trump. A trade deal can be good for the country... but instead of talking about it and spreading useful information to Americans that could help them prepare, transition, and create new opportunities we are talking about him being a petulant asshole. It's his own damn fault.

Fox reply:

KATIE PAVLICH (CO-HOST): Look, I don't think he would've said anything different to Jim Acosta from CNN. So if we're going to focus on the him telling her that she wasn't thinking about something, which I'm sure the media will, in the environment that we're in -- he treats reporters fairly. And he's had this tone since he started out on the campaign trail with reporters. So I think that continuing to focus on it is actually huge distraction away from the news here He's had this tone since he started out on the campaign trail with reporters.
"He's been a piece of shit for the last two years, so it's fine"

Am I the only one who interprets it as a misunderstanding?

President: She's shocked that I picked her. She's in a state a shock.

Reporter: I'm not, thank you Mr. President. --- Trump hears "I'm not thinking, Mr. President" as in 'I'm not thinking you'd call me' (poor English, but has he ever been known to speak good English?)

Trump: "I know you're not thinking. You never do." --- He responds with "I know you're not thinking [that I would pick you]. You never do [think that I would pick you]."

Her: "Excuse me?"

Trump: "Nothing, go ahead ask your question."

Or he's just a horrible person.

Are these photoshopped? I tried finding pics of him drinking back when he was campaigning because someone claimed he never drinks and so knew I saw these pics before. I couldn’t find these pics back then.
Must be photoshopped, because he never drinks. Can you imagine what a mess he'd be if he drank? Geez.

Reporter: I'm not, thank you Mr. President. --- Trump hears "I'm not thinking, Mr. President" as in 'I'm not thinking you'd call me' (poor English, but has he ever been known to speak good English?)

Trump: "I know you're not thinking. You never do." --- He responds with "I know you're not thinking [that I would pick you]. You never do [think that I would pick you]."

When it happens once, it's a mistake. When it happens over and over and over... he's a horrible person.

I'd say that's a very... generous... interpretation of what he said.

It's far more likely that he heard - as I did when I first listened - her say "I'm not thinking, Mr President" and then just took the opportunity to make a mean-spirited jab at the press for the umpteenth time.

Not a chance in hell.

"We forgive you king."

It's really not a great commentary on the character of the American people that when the highest office in the land is occupied by an insulting lout, millions of people are cheering, "YEAH! THAT'S MY GUY! GOGO! USAUSA!"

What other dumb stuff did he say?
He just kept going on tangents. If he would just take two seconds to think before he speaks, it wouldn't be bad at all. Maybe what he says won't be liked, but at least it would be on point. When he replies to questions, it's like drum fills. Here's the answer, the main beat of the song, but in between he throws in these drum solos.

Not a chance in hell.
I figured I'd give him the benefit of the doubt on this one, but, uh, I'm not sure why I would. I guess I've been misunderstood enough in my life to relate (in a strange way).

I'll just slide this into the "horrible person" category along with the rest of his actions.

It's really not a great commentary on the character of the American people that when the highest office in the land is occupied by an insulting lout, millions of people are cheering, "YEAH! THAT'S MY GUY! GOGO! USAUSA!"
Well yeah, there has been a campaign against intelligence for a long time in this country. A very common belief is that reading and learning is something nerds do, and a real American is not a nerd, but a tough person. They also believe that having empathy makes you weak, and that there is a liberal agenda to destroy their lives. It's been a very successful campaign by the right since the early 20th century. It's a way to vote people into power that are pro-business, but the voters believe they are benefiting from these people holding office. It's really sad.

I'm so sick of US journos being polite to keep their access. I'm certain UK journalists would not stand for that shit. At least patronise the guy back with a retort or something.
While we may have a little more bite compared to the US, our journos are still gutless cowards 99% of the time otherwise they would be calling out the government a hell of a lot more then they currently do.

He has zero respect for women and we've know that for a long time.

His favoribility among his base just went up
Responses like these are so defeatist.

Thing about "the base" is he could literally murder their families in front of them and then rub his balls in their face and they'd still say he's the best president ever.

What's important is when he pulls dumbass antics like this it hardens opposition against him.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/

He's gotten a little bit of a bump lately but 41% is still shit approval rating and what's more important is the 51% that disapproves hates his guts. He's not really persuading anyone and as long as Democrats put up a likable candidate in 2020 he's toast.

I think he heard "I'm not thinking" but your interpretation of his response is way to generous to him.

Even if he did mishear her, how is responding with "you never do" even remotely appropriate?

She should have made him repeat himself... made him show once again the little coward he is.

But she chose to stay professional. Instead of you know.... the President of the United States.

Even if she had said that, does that warrant his response? Even if it were a misunderstanding, he's still a horrible person. There's no "or" there.