Venom Social Media Reactions

Werent there rumors that sony pictures was going to get bought?
Well, there were rumors that Sony might sell off their film division. Then Jumanji was a massive blockbuster and that was followed up by Spider-Man: Homecoming.

It will be very interesting to see what happens with Sony Pictures in the next two years.

If by mixed you mean “some think it’s bad and others think it’s terrible” then yes, it’s mixed.
I always have this rule with influencer reaction. I only apply this based on my country im livin in. If overall influencers' reactions are satisfied (kinda like 8/10 as an example), then i will substract 3 points from it

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_amazing_spider_man/

...I think you're implying TASM is a bad movie...but it wasn't?
Remember when Spider-Man becomes Spider-Man simply because he wants revenge?

Remember the constant meandering scenes of him and Gwen Stacy mumbling sweet nothings to one another in scenes that repeatedly don't go anywhere?

Remember when he completely ignores Captain Stacy's last wish in a creepy weird line at the end of the film, making Peter look like a selfish asshole?

Remember when the Lizard's plan was to turn everyone into lizard-people... for kinda no reason?

Remember when Spidey is aided by a bunch of crane operators, making a path for him in-sync?

Sony Movies needs to be purged as far as executives go, this mess cannot continue.
Fire everyone involved and get competent people.

TASM was awful my dude.
Remember when Spider-Man becomes Spider-Man simply because he wants revenge?

Remember the constant meandering scenes of him and Gwen Stacy mumbling sweet nothings to one another in scenes that repeatedly don't go anywhere?

Remember when he completely ignores Captain Stacy's last wish in a creepy weird line at the end of the film, making Peter look like a selfish asshole?

Remember when the Lizard's plan was to turn everyone into lizard-people... for kinda no reason?

Remember when Spidey is aided by a bunch of crane operators, making a path for him in-sync?
Chiming in to confirm - for the reasons listed and more - that Amazing Spider-Man was indeed baaad.

And it looks like no lessons were learned.

Well hopefully at least now we can stop pretending that comic book movie social media reactions are "always positive" every time an MCU movie has fantastic reactions.

Anyway, I'm kind of intrigued by some of these reactions, but likely not in the way that Sony Pictures wanted me to be. Don't think I'll go see it, but I'll throw it on my list when it hits Netflix!

Is it just me or do most of the tweets make it sound relatively average, yet everyone is proclaiming it to be the trainwreck that they were expecting?

Is it just me or do most of the tweets make it sound relatively average, yet everyone is proclaiming it to be the trainwreck that they were expecting?
early buzz is very positive most of the time for most blockbusters. So I guess many expect the worst if your already getting meh early buzz.

And these are the social media responses, which tend to be more generous compared to the full review write ups, because a lot of people are just stoked for an invite. Even batman v superman had a lot of positivity leading up to release

It looked like a waste of time with hideous CG, but these impressions and those clips have me thinking it will be hilarious. I have bad luck in that area tho. London Has Fallen wasn't as funny as its trailer.

On the note of CG, does anyone know if it just struggles to do black shapes convincingly? I mean we had Neo, Smith and Blade back in the day looking weird, but now we've got Black Panther and Venom 10+ years later with hundreds of millions of dollars thrown at them.

early buzz is very positive most of the time for most blockbusters. So I guess many expect the worst if your already getting meh early buzz.
Yea but it's not exactly confirmation of a trainwreck is it? I'm not saying it won't be, or that I even care, just that there's a weird level of unjustified vindication in here.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_amazing_spider_man/

...I think you're implying TASM is a bad movie...but it wasn't?
It absolutely was. Horrible. It just looks okay in hindsight because TASM2 was somehow even worse. Andrew Garfield got screwed by one of the worst screenwriters in Hollywood and a director in way over his head.

Both TASMs were also boring as hell, which at least doesn't seem to be a problem for Venom.

We tried to tell you guys, if it looks like a duck...

You can’t trust Sony with this stuff. We seriously lucked out the first time around when we got Raimi, and Sony’s meddling eventually fucked that up too.

They don’t get it

Sony's in a weird situation where they have a bunch of bomba movies but hey have enough occasional hits to offset some of the flops, yet never enough to have a great batting average.

Sony's in a weird situation where they have a bunch of bomba movies but hey have enough occasional hits to offset some of the flops, yet never enough to have a great batting average.
Spider-Verse is gonna save them and probably convince them to keep going with this. They're going to have a hit regardless.