Video Footage: AAA Harry Potter game leaked?

Doesn't look like a Switch game.

Wonder of WB is ever going to support Switch. (No. Switch's third party support is... Something. )
They.. support it though? All Lego games from them are on the console and they also released Scribblenauts. Besides that, since the Switch launched they released almost nothing on big scale that could be exclusive on the PS4/Xone/PC

If this is true, and it kind of looks like it, me and my friend are in! We are huge fans of the universe, him specially, he watched all the movies and even the Fantastic Beasts ones, which I haven't bothered to watch yet. If this has online co-op, it's gonna be a dream come true!

Not sure why people are still posting the validity regarding if this game is real or not. We already got that confirmed on page 1 from people who actually know about it.

I wouldn't say it looks that bad, but it definitely doesn't look your standard AAA game. It looks like a better Disney infinity (which looked good) which makes sense since it's the same studio.
I’m not trying to say it’s looks shit, lol. I’m just saying it looks like it could be a next gen game but lower budget like a folklore, knack, etc. I assume it looks as good as it does graphically for this reason as the other aspects look lower budget. It just looks like a launch title, if that makes sense

At work right now (so I haven't been able to properly check), but has anyone that's well-connected given their take on this? Because the little I saw and read looks quite real and promising.

Man, I'm excited as fuck now, a dream game. Hopefully it's legit.

I'm surprised at people saying this doesn't look good or AAA, when looking at a potato-quality footage of a, more than likely, (barely) pre-alpha footage of a game that's 99% not going to see the light of day until E3 2019 or so.

This is going to do gangbusters. >10m is a sure thing if they don't flub the marketing.

It's probably cross-gen given the likely timing of release.
You reckon?

I feel like with this leaking now we're looking at a full reveal at either TGAs, XO, or just by itself, for a holiday 2019 release.

Edit: Hadn't seen Benji's comment. Yeah, PS5 in 2019 it is.

Edit 2: Actually scrap this comment. If Avalanche started on this only 18 months ago, then it's a 2020 game.

Last edited:
All I want is Harry Potter + Dragon Age and this is looking pretty close.

I hope the combat is not too shooter-y though or my wife won't be able to play it.

I’m not trying to say it’s looks shit, lol. I’m just saying it looks like it could be a next gen game but lower budget like a folklore, knack, etc. I assume it looks as good as it does graphically for this reason as the other aspects look lower budget. It just looks like a launch title, if that makes sense
But why would it be a next gen games when the current one isn't finished yet and nothing on the screen seems especially different from current gen games.

This "next gen" discussion doesn't make much sense. Most games will probably released on current consoles and maybe (when there is) have next gen versions too just to release on as many systems as possible and that's it.
The real "next gen games" will be more obvious and most likely quickly declared as such.

There's a reason why the first years of new systems mostly get previous gen games.

Not referring to the graphics, I'm aware it's not a trailer fit for public consumption but it looks a lot more mature than I would expect from a game that only entered pre production in 2017. Unless of course it started life earlier than the acquisition being completed, hence my theorising.
Actually, they were working on Cars and Disney Infinity 4 when they got canned, but Warner put them on Harry Potter the instant they bought them.

This is going to do gangbusters. >10m is a sure thing if they don't flub the marketing.

You reckon?

I feel like with this leaking now we're looking at a full reveal at either TGAs, XO, or just by itself, for a holiday 2019 release.

Edit: Hadn't seen Benji's comment. Yeah, PS5 in 2019 it is.
A lot of games like this get some very polished slices made early on to test out everything, but then take years longer to finish out the rest of the gigantic open world.

It must be real. It just looks too good to be fake. Surely. Please let it be real!
I mean, here are job postings from Avalanche from 2017. They line up:

SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Warner Bros. Games Inc. seeks a Senior Writer for the Avalanche Story department. We are looking for a talented storyteller with a deep understanding of British culture and grammatical presentation. Applicants should be creative self-motivated problem solvers who enjoy collaborating with other writers and designers to create an immersive game narrative. If this is you, send us your resume and writing samples (both humor and drama represented) for consideration.

JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide British authenticity to the tone of the project.
Receive feedback and modify work based on direction from both the internal team and franchise representatives.
Review product as necessary to help maintain on-brand messaging.

JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Work that shows a deep understanding of gaming narrative and branching storytelling, particularly in the realm of RPGs.
Senior Game Designer, Systems and Economy

Summary of Position:
Avalanche Software, a division of WB Games Inc. is seeking a veteran designer with a passion and gift for planning, communicating, tracking, and fine-tuning reward, economy loops and product narrative across many intricate game systems, to compel players to play for ”just 5 more minutes," forever. This position involves heavy collaboration with the Lead Designer and design teams to ensure that game experience targets are met and conveyed to various teams within our organization.
Job Requirements:
Experience with similar design responsibilities, on a large-scale console game project (the bigger the better).
Experience in designing systems or narrative for open-world, RPG, or branching-story structure games

But why would it be a next gen games when the current one isn't finished yet and nothing on the screen seems especially different from current gen games.

This "next gen" discussion doesn't make much sense. Most games will probably released on current consoles and maybe (when there is) have next gen versions too just to release on as many systems as possible and that's it.
The real "next gen games" will be more obvious and most likely quickly declared as such.

There's a reason why the first years of new systems mostly get previous gen games.
Look at Avalanche software history. This looks like a game they could achieve on next gen hardware. Ill bet money I’m right. I’ve been around long enough to know what a launch game looks like

Oh snap, if that footage is real I'm so in! That looks awesome!

Always wanted a proper RPG set in the world of Harry Potter, especially one that focuses on the whole Hogwarts part of things. My inner child just can't contain itself at the mere idea of this! Hope it's real and coming soon(-ish)!!!

Really surprised something like this hasn't happened already, at least not on such a big scale - but it was gonna happen eventually. Hopefully it's good, the HP universe in a game format has always had a ludicrous amount of potential.

A TV series covering the books is also inevitable. People would drink that up, just for the idea that the books can be more accurately translated to a medium that doesn't have as big time constrains.