Video Footage: AAA Harry Potter game leaked?

Hope they take some inspiration from persona. Daily schedule and social links would work really well.

Imagine if this is structured like destiny .

Shared hogwarts with 100s of other wizards , complete dungeons like exploring the bowls of hog wards .

Throw in a campaign. Throw in a high level “raid” like dungeon.

Throw in optional quidditch matches and create leagues .

Obviously loot wouldn’t be the main priority, but could learn new spells as the main driver .
I really hope it's nothing like destiny. What you've described would kill my interest in an instant.

Like Fantastic Beasts, it will have a different name, probably.
It wouldn't surprise me if they somehow throw the Harry Potter name in there somehow. It would grab more people's attention that way. Either that or they call it hogwarts.

People are wild... Talking about AA game, about looking like a ps2 game (wow dude I love hyperbolic statements it's my favorite stylistic device too) because of a video meant for internal use of a work in progress recorded on a fucking cellphone. Jesus Christ.

Anyway, I'm super hype, combat system looks brutal and fun. If you can even choose to be a good boy/girl or a little piece of shit then oh boy it's gonna be awesome.

Sounds great on paper but I'm worried about how combat will be based off of the video. Obviously this is early in development so I won't be too critical - I'm sure things will change and be further polished. I'm just happy that it looks like Potter fans are finally getting the RPG of their dreams.

So it seems this was actually rumoured back in April 2017, although they mixed up Avalanche Games with Avalanche Studios.

The rumor was suggested by a Warner Bros’ job listing, which says that the company is looking for a storyteller with a deep understanding of British culture and grammatical presentation; in addition to that, there’s another job listing – probably related to the first one – that reports the name of Avalanche Studios.

Could Avalanche Studios be working on a Harry Potter RPG video game?
Nice to see they are putting in effort to ensure it feels very British, despite being an American studio.

https://segmentnext.com/2017/04/06/harry-potter-rpg-video-game/

You know, I wouldn't be surprised if they announced this game around the time Fantastic Beast 2 comes out (mid-November) to increase excitement temporarily in the HP brand.
LEGO sets came back this summer as a new line.
The fever is spreading.

I'm thirsty as hell for a good HP game. Its getting harder to replay the movie based games because they are beginning to show their age/outdated gameplay.

EDIT: Avalanche huh, this seems like crazy jump in quality when compared to their previous works. Then again, their is a first time for everyone.

Last edited:
My only concern from that extremely limited leak footage is that I don't get the school children vibe from it.

Isn't that the fantasy? to go to Hogwarts year 1?

I'm not kidding around when I say this but 3 days ago I was literally having a discussion with my roommate about future AAA licensed titles I would like to see since Spider - Man was such a success and I straight up told him I wanted a AAA Harry Potter game so I would love it if this was true.

I haven't seen any Harry Potter films. Eventually should I go through the whole series? Or up to a certain release?
I don't think it would be necessary to learn the 'lore' of Harry Potter, but it could be a good way to get yourself into the mood for it.

Helps that They're fun movies too.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
So it seems this was actually rumoured back in April 2017, although they mixed up Avalanche Games with Avalanche Studios.

Nice to see they are putting in effort to ensure it feels very British, despite being an American studio.

https://segmentnext.com/2017/04/06/harry-potter-rpg-video-game/
yeah it's been on the air for a while, I believe Nirolak was to first one to report on those listings back in the old place and then websites jumped on it

Lol at people saying this doesn’t look like a AAA game or it looks like a PS2 game. It’s still an early build and the assets they do have finished look absolutely stunning. The lighting is also really good and the gameplay looks polished.

Love how people are judging a leaked, unfinished and probably unprepared trailer for internal use/reference

as if it was a fully fleshed out and finished trailer that was ready to be released.