Yandhi |OT| Because Both Gandhi & Kanye Don't Like Black People

He pulled a Trump - promise a bunch of shit and fail to deliver in such an epic way that the failure is bigger news than the promise.

MAGA!

Thread must stay open. We all deserve this fuckery.

And it's fun as hell to clown on ye with everyone. Still won't be as good as the Tlop GAF thread but only way it has a chance is if it stay open.

TLOP is equal parts spiritual awakening and self-destruction. it's a bi-polar album for sure

ye is a cathartic, very in-the-moment album. which is what i personally like about it, tho i know most people think it sucks

Kids See Ghosts is getting past the self-destruction and beating personal demons, and coming out on the other side stronger. Reborn sums those feelings up pretty well

who the fuck knows what this yandhi shit will be

TLOP feels like a pretty consistent narrative thread to me, an autobiography of his entire career. ye is definitely a therapy album and Kanye said as much today, I respect it for that and I think it's a solid album.

WaffleTaco

Community Resettler
TLOP is very obviously about how he wants to make art like Pablo Picasso and always manages to end up like Pablo Escobar.

And the music reflects that. He has Ultra Light Beam and he has the bleached asshole line. He has Real Friends and then he’s talk about how “what if everyone started fucking.” This is also combined with the the song “Highlights” and depression funk of “FML.” TLOP is bipolar Kanye.

Kanye made a song with a line about bleaching assholes a classic classic. CuDi and Caroline Shaw on that track L A W D, and how could we forget about this moment:

TLOP is very obviously about how he wants to make art like Pablo Picasso and always manages to end up like Pablo Escobar.

And the music reflects that. He has Ultra Light Beam and he has the bleached asshole line. He has Real Friends and then he’s talk about how “what if everyone started fucking.” This is also combined with the the song “Highlights” and depression funk of “FML.” TLOP is bipolar Kanye.
nailed it. it's like a tug of war where on one side there's things like spirituality and family, and on the other is hedonism, addiction, and fame.

TLOP has zero cohesion, but it has a bunch of bangers.
i like it's thematically pretty cohesive, but definitely not sonically. and that's fine because individually, song for song, it's pretty fantastic.

Kanye made a song with a line about bleaching assholes a classic classic. CuDi and Caroline Shaw on that track L A W D, and how could we forget about this moment:

Don C

the bleached asshole line directly following the beautiful and faithful lyrics of Ultralight Beam isn't an accident

Famous and Real Friends sharing the same drum beat isn't an accident

there's a lot of cool stuff thematically going on on TLOP if you actually look for it

TLOP is at least interesting because it's accidentally a character study of an artist desperately trying to keep it together but losing the battle. It's all over the place, but there's subtext to pull from it. When he consciously tried making a mental health album on Ye it's far less compelling, thematically and musically.

TLOP is at least interesting because it's accidentally a character study of an artist desperately trying to keep it together but losing the battle. It's all over the place, but there's subtext to pull from it. When he consciously tried making a mental health album on Ye it's far less compelling, thematically and musically.
I feel like Kids See Ghosts is more of a mental health album than ye

and certainly a much better one at that

Just skimmed through some posts and saw spiritual and ye, have no clue what subject ya'll could be talking about but since spiritual and Ye popped out to me I have to post this

the bleached asshole line directly following the beautiful and faithful lyrics of Ultralight Beam isn't an accident

Famous and Real Friends sharing the same drum beat isn't an accident

there's a lot of cool stuff thematically going on on TLOP if you actually look for it
even just within the wolves verse, there's the division between the biblical references and the sandwiches/slippery pussy stuff

it's like frank ocean's blonde in terms of the duality all over the place.

Just skimmed through some posts and saw spiritual and ye have no clue what subject could be talking about but since spiritual and Ye popped out to me I have to post this

one of the greatest beats of all time.

69 is also like... a huge racist?

69 is not black and constantly uses the n-word.

I feel like being a racist and pedophile should stop him from getting all these features but... it doesn't!

I just watched the TMZ video about why he delayed the album. He outta his damn mind. He talks about being off meds as if it’s a positive.

Dude. Bi-polar disorder is not a thing that you can get rid of. It’s not the flu. You just have it if you have it and you need to stay on medication. Him being proud that he’s off meds just shows how much he’s not aware of his illness / not in control of his own mind.

first of all how dare you

i wanna fight you tbh
graduation is such a dope album. only one song that sucks (drunk and hot girls), the rest is stadium rap perfection. it's a little dated sounding i suppose, but highlights like flashing lights, everything i am, stronger, and especially i wonder make up for that.

808s is great but i gotta be in a super specific state of mind to listen to that album. it's a GOAT breakup/winter album tho

and Kids See Ghosts really is damn near perfect. the only thing holding it back is that it's too short