Zeraora, the final 3DS Pokémon, out now in Europe.

The latest Mythical Pokémon, the electric type known as Zeraora, is available from events between 1st October and 15th November. You'll need either Ultra Sun or Ultra Moon to use the code. Thanks to Serebii, we know the following places have it available:

UK: GAME
Spain: GAME
Netherlands: GameMania
Belgium: GameMania and Dreamland
Germany: Gamestop
Italy: Gamestop
France: Micromania

The dude himself is:
  • Level: 50
  • Moves: Plasma Fists, Thunder Punch, Close Combat, Thunder
  • Ability: Volt Absorb
  • Held Item: Air Balloon

US Trainers: This will be available from Gamestop on October 19 to November 9.
AUS Trainers: This will be available from EB Games on October 19 to November 9.

Last edited:
Does anyone else just not give a shit about mythicals anymore? They were cool before, you either got them through a spin-off or through an in-game quest, like the islands in RSE / DPPt. Now I don't even bother to get them because they just give them to me.

Although considering that recent mythicals are some of the least memorable Pokes of all time, like say Magearna, I feel like that thought is pretty widespread.

More locations according to King Impoleon of Project Pokemon:

Netherlands: FirstLook festival
Belgium: Nintendo stand at ''FACTS''
Germany : Gamestop and MAG Erfurt

This is a mess.

Does anyone else just not give a shit about mythicals anymore? They were cool before, you either got them through a spin-off or through an in-game quest, like the islands in RSE / DPPt. Now I don't even bother to get them because they just give them to me.

Although considering that recent mythicals are some of the least memorable Pokes of all time, like say Magearna, I feel like that thought is pretty widespread.
As someone who collects Pokemon Event distributions of all kinds I absolutely still care although I certainly agree that Mythical Pokemon Events were more fun with the In-Game quests.

They worked better when they had in-game events tied into them or hinted towards them, like Ilex Forest Shrine for Celebi, Newmoon Island for Darkrai, Liberty Island for Victini, etc.

Of course, since Gen 6 they don't do that anymore. Thanks again Kalos.
Even Gen V only did so for one of its four Mythicals so they were already moving away from it then.

Last edited:

They worked better when they had in-game events tied into them or hinted towards them, like Ilex Forest Shrine for Celebi, Newmoon Island for Darkrai, Liberty Island for Victini, etc.

I guess Meltan got a fun reveal because of Go at least.

I can only dream to get those mon tx to me staying in Indonesia... if anyone have any extra code. I would be happy to ask for one hiks.

As always, I get some of the early ones and then I forget about them. Also just dump them in a box and never use them lol

I agree with you that the recent Mythicals are just not that memorable. I've felt that way since Gen 5 honestly. I still try and collect them if I can because of how rarely some of these events come about. For example, I think Manaphy has only had one event in the US since Generation 4 - the XYORAS 20th Anniversary event in 2016. With how rare some of these events are, I think they're still worth getting if you can

It is weird, this one doesn't feel "Mythical" in any way. Like, we've had fairy type creatures, time travelers, Pokémon that inhabit nightmares, and so on. What's this guy's deal?

I know Mythical really just refers to the type of distribution, but even so, they usually have something special, lore-wise.

(Or maybe this does and I missed it?)

It is weird, this one doesn't feel "Mythical" in any way. Like, we've had fairy type creatures, time travelers, Pokémon that inhabit nightmares, and so on. What's this guy's deal?

I know Mythical really just refers to the type of distribution, but even so, they usually have something special, lore-wise.

(Or maybe this does and I missed it?)
I've always divided them into the pixie mythicals (the smaller more cutesy designs) - Mew, Celebii, Jirachi, Shaymin, Victini (maybe Hoopa and Marshadow too?) and the non-pixie mythicals. It's probably just my classification though

I guess Meltan got a fun reveal because of Go at least.
This is probably what hurts the most. Meltan looks silly, but at least there's been hype and just overall fun surrounding the whole reveal. But look at fucking Zeraora. He has a cool design, but the only time that there was hype about it was when USUM were datamined and we found about it. Since then, it's only been downhill.

Datamining did ruin this. Look how awesome that guy is, imagine the buzz if people were just seeing him for the first time today.

it's a shame that we'll get every mythical data mined again in Gen 8.
There are plenty of ways Gamefreak could prevent that, such as not actually having any string and model info in the game until you download it.
The question is, will they ever bother?

The latest Mythical Pokémon, the electric type known as Zeroara, is available from events between 1st October and 15th November. Thanks to Serebii, we know the following places have it available:

Spain: GAME
Netherlands: GameMania
Belgium: GameMania and Dreamland

It's weird, they don't seem to have promoted this very well, so the list of retailers is unknown until people go check.

The dude himself is:
  • Level: 50
  • Moves: Plasma Fists, Thunder Punch, Close Combat, Thunder
  • Ability: Volt Absorb
  • Held Item: Air Balloon
Zeraora

Even Gen V only did so for one of its four Mythicals so they were already moving away from it then.
All of the Gen V mons at least had some sort of story scene even if they didn't have a battle encounter like Victini.

Meloetta had that music thing.
Keldeo had the forest thing with the other Swords of Justice.
Genesect had the P2 Laboratory thing with Plasma.

What did Diancie have? Hoopa just had a dumb story from the Pokemart person. Volcanion? Magearna just had the story told by the mall guy, Marshadow didn't get anything.

For me it's the one-two punch of the actual Pokemon being more and more underwhelming in terms of design / delivery (lack of quests, etc), and that Arceus just kind of jumped the shark and broke how I think about these things. He's so ridiculous and lame that I can't bring myself to be enthusiastic about anything they've released since :/

They feel like they’re just done out of tradition and obligation now. They just get dumped on you with no event or fanfare, a random dude just gives it to you and that’s that. You can’t use it anywhere either. And that’s all if you can be bothered to go to a store just for a code

No one gives a shit because TPC doesn't give a shit. These used to be events, now they just drop the turds in a movie no one will remember and the pokemon in your lap.

As it was said, Meltan was actually exciting. Goes to show you how far the ball was dropped with mythicals.

They could get a second wind with competitive, but OOPS! Mythical rule! Sorry!

What always gets me is that, despite the games having a way to receive these things over the internet, they still tie them into retail promotions.

Pokemon games really hate rural players.

What always gets me is that, despite the games having a way to receive these things over the internet, they still tie them into retail promotions.

Pokemon games really hate rural players.
And people still complain about genned pokemon in competition on top of that. Is this available in Ecuador? Legit asking since the latest VGC champ is from there

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
No one gives a shit because TPC doesn't give a shit. These used to be events, now they just drop the turds in a movie no one will remember and the pokemon in your lap.

As it was said, Meltan was actually exciting. Goes to show you how far the ball was dropped with mythicals.

They could get a second wind with competitive, but OOPS! Mythical rule! Sorry!
No, this has always been the case. Always.

The movie distributions for Darkrai, Shaymin etc. weren't to go to New Moon Island etc.

I think the only time it wasn't was Mew with the 8th movie and maybe Deoxys. Every other of the 15 other Mythical distributions were tied with movies and like this where they were "dropped in your lap"

Mew distribution - First movie - Dropped in your lap
Celebi distribution - Fourth movie - Dropped in your lap
Jirachi distribution - Sixth movie - Dropped in your lap
Deoxys distribution - Seventh movie - Aurora Ticket dropped in your lap
Mew Gen 3 distribution - Eighth movie - Old Sea Map (Japan only)
Manaphy distribution - Ninth movie - Pokémon Ranger event
Darkrai distribution - Tenth movie - Dropped in your lap
Shaymin distribution - Eleventh movie - Dropped in your lap
Arceus distribution - Twelfth movie - Dropped in your lap
Gen IV Celebi distribution - Thirteenth movie - Dropped in your lap
Victini distribution - Separate from movie but was Liberty Pass, but then with the movie and dropped in your lap
Keldeo distribution - Fifteenth movie - Dropped in your lap
Meloetta distribution - Fifteenth movie - Dropped in your lap
Genesect distribution - Not tied with movie - Dropped in your lap. Shiny one tied with movie and dropped in your lap
Diancie distribution - Seventeenth movie - Dropped in your lap
Hoopa distribution - Eighteenth movie - Dropped in your lap
Volcanion distribution - Nineteenth movie - Dropped in your lap
Magearna distribution - Nineteenth movie - QR Code dropped in your lap
Marshadow distribution - Twentieth movie - Dropped in your lap
Zeraora distribution - Twenty-first movie - Dropped in your lap

So do the bloody maths here and stop your false narrative to try and act like this is new and "lazier"

Last edited:
Wonder when it'll come to the rest of the world (and by "rest of the world" I mean US-only stores, of course). Oh well, last night I caved in and purchased a shiny Poipole and Zygarde codes on eBay for a dollar each. Guess I'll start doing this from now on. Paid DLC, thanks so much Pokemon Company!

The movie distributions for Darkrai, Shaymin etc. weren't to go to New Moon Island etc.

I think the only time it wasn't was Mew with the 8th movie and maybe Deoxys. Every other of the 15 other Mythical distributions were tied with movies and like this where they were "dropped in your lap"

Victini distribution - Separate from movie but was Liberty Pass, but then with the movie and dropped in your lap
Genesect distribution - Not tied with movie - Dropped in your lap. Shiny one tied with movie and dropped in your lap

So do the bloody maths here and stop your false narrative to try and act like this is new and "lazier"
thanks for the correction. they've been handled like shit ever since they had a better method of distribution. no wonder people don't give a shit, because TPC doesn't give enough of a shit to distro these pokes in a way that's more democratic

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
thanks for the correction. they've been handled like shit ever since they had a better method of distribution. no wonder people don't give a shit, because TPC doesn't give enough of a shit to distro these pokes in a way that's more democratic
Based on engagement I see, people do "give a shit"

Based on engagement I see, people do "give a shit"
they try when they can. but not everyone is able to. hence the "democratic" problem. TPC doesn't even have to drop store-based distro, but opening the chance for folks who either missed these pokes or aren't able to go to a store at a later date would increase the appeal of these mythicals beyond smogon tiering. it would also open up these pokes being available in VGC since the distro method is probably what's keeping them held back. their exposure and attention is short-lived by its design and is something they can fix without hurting the benefits they already gain

I've gotta say, I love how committed you are to 'correcting' people in every single Pokemon thread that pops up.